June 19 pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hurahman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey has anyone received there scores yet for June 19?

Im extremely anxious....How long till we get them...

two weeks, three weeks????

HELPPPPPP!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I live in Ontario Canada, How long do you guys think that i will have to wait??

dying from anxiety!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hate to disappoint y'all, but I live in TX and got no scores in the mail today. :( Hopefully tomorrow!:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Verbal Ability 419 77%
Biology 440 94%
Reading 429 86%
Quantitative 436 90%
Chemistry 426 81%
Overall 430 91%

Writing 3.0/3.0

I can't believe I went ahead and dished out the 20 bucks when I told myself that I would wait. I didn't think my verbal would be that low :scared: I actually thought it would be my best and that my quant would be my worst! Crazy. I'm somewhat disappointed in my chem though -sigh.

Hope everyone else did as well as expected :)

Exit the site and go to the normal login for candidates. you know where you'll see what test you registered for? It's above that. I had the same problem.

Exit the site and go to the normal login for candidates. you know where you'll see what test you registered for? It's above that. I had the same problem.

I did that and still don't see it. You go to "pcat candidate log in" and then "log in" and it should be on the page? The page where it says "personal information" and "transaction history"?

It might just be possible that they don't put everyone's up at once, too, and I still get to wait...

I did that and still don't see it. You go to "pcat candidate log in" and then "log in" and it should be on the page? The page where it says "personal information" and "transaction history"?

It might just be possible that they don't put everyone's up at once, too, and I still get to wait...

It's on that page, you need to purchase the score report though but there's a link on there to do so. It's 20 dollars.

It's on that page, you need to purchase the score report though but there's a link on there to do so. It's 20 dollars.

Ok that's what I figured. Because the almost $200 I gave them six months ago wasn't enough. Pearson Assessments: Ripping off broke college students one at a time!

Chemistry 455 96
Quantitative Ability 422 77
Reading Comprehension 415 69
Biology 418 76
Verbal Ability 406 58
Composite 84!!!! AHHH god thank you!!! cant believe it congrats everyone!

sup guys
after sharing with your angst and general air of anticipation, i should share with you all my scores
first time test taker here (spent about a month studying with the 2008 kaplan book and freshman year at Pitt under my belt)

Verbal Ability: 82
Biology: 91
Reading Comprehension: 86
Quantitative Ability: 80
Chemistry: 77
Writing: 3/3

Composite: 88

Nothing special, but I'll take it!

Couldn't stand it after seeing your posts, so I paid too. First time taker, haven't taken any organic chem yet or A&P (self taught while studying for PCAT). Used Dr. Collins, Kaplan book, and the REA book:

Verbal Ability 423 82
Biology 455 98 :)
Reading Comp 419 75 :(
Quant Ability 429 84
Chemistry 434 88

Composite 432 92

Writing 3.0/3.0

Thank GOD I don't have to take it again in Oct.! Good luck to everyone! :D

Those of you that got your marks can you please start a new thread where we can post our stats!!

Thank you!!

i just couldn't wait till tomorrow so i bought it like the rest of yall!

verbal...86
biology..84
reading...81
quantitative ability..90
chemistry...73 :(
composite...87

For those who posted their scores do you mind telling me what books you used to study and how many months or weeks you studied for the PCAT? Was there anything you felt you should have studied more. Thanks in advance!

Looks like everyone is doing really well! :D Congrats everyone!

Personally, I only studied 10 days for the exam. But those 10 days were fairly hardcore, I lived at Borders to abuse their books for a minimum of 8 hours per day. I went through all of Collins except his reading comp packets at least two times each. I took all three pearson tests and constantly reviewed all the problems. Then I went over my weak areas so I wouldn't make similar mistakes.

Only wish I had studied chem a bit more, I remember some o-chem questions like epoxide related reactions that I vaguely remembered and probably missed. Should have gone over those in more detail.

so all this craziness of getting scores made my break down and shell out 20 for them

Verbal Ability 89%
Biology 84%
Reading Comp 86%
Qaunt. Ability 64% :(( i knew i did the worse here)
Chemistry 93% :D
Composite 90%

thats what im talking about 90th percentile no more pcat for me

ferris state university here i come!!!!!!!!! haha:laugh:

I used Kaplans book to study. I read and did the problems over about 3 week span. I also used the audio learn CDs which i liked because i could listen instead of reading helped in grain things in my head. And then pearson practice tests were by far the best thing i used.

also in case someone was wondering i was pulling down composites of 86-96 % on the practice tests.so they were pretty accurate

Scores won't be in Ontario mailboxes until after Monday because of the Civic Holiday long weekend.

I'm going to resist the temptation to pay $20 for my score and enjoy visiting my friends in Kingston first! I'll take the news, good or bad, after the long weekend. :p

Scores won't be in Ontario mailboxes until after Monday because of the Civic Holiday long weekend.

I'm going to resist the temptation to pay $20 for my score and enjoy visiting my friends in Kingston first! I'll take the news, good or bad, after the long weekend. :p

we all know you wanna/end up paying for them. so just pay for them. :smuggrin:I wouldn't be able to handle a suspenseful weekend like that:scared:

For those who posted their scores do you mind telling me what books you used to study and how many months or weeks you studied for the PCAT? Was there anything you felt you should have studied more. Thanks in advance!

I used: Kaplan study guide 2008 edition, Cliffnotes 5-practice tests (yellow/blue book), and 2 official practice tests from the Pearson website

My main study guide was the Kaplan PCAT study guide (2008 edition). It was excellent with the biology section. However, for the chemistry section, I suggest you go back to your old textbooks because the chemistry portion of the Kaplan book is simply terrible. I wish I had covered general chemistry a lot more. I also used the internet to refresh on some basic calculus. On the side, I would do random sections from the Cliffnotes 5-practice test book to keep refreshing my knowledge and improve my timing. For example, the only reason why I got a 90% on the math section is because I kept practicing that section in the Cliffnotes book. Timing is key for that portion of the test. The best resource of all was the Pearson practice tests that I bought online. They give you a real feel of the test, test your knowledge, and give you a decent prediction of how prepared you are. I purchased two practice tests- I did one about 2 weeks before the actual test and figured out what I needed to work on. Then three days before the actual test, I took the second practice test and did much, much better. This really increased my confidence level and made me calm before the test.

I studied for exactly four weeks. I suggest going to the library every weekday and studying for 6-7 hours with small breaks in between. If you get bored with one subject and can't focus, then instead of wasting time trying to keep reading it, go to another section. The next day, you can go back to that old section. This way you don't waste any time. I don't think I studied during the weekends either.

This post was way longer than I expected it to be. Hope it helps! Good luck with your PCAT!

My stat is:
BS Biochem GPA 3.83
MS Chemistry GPA 3.89

PCAT June 19 score:

Verbal 423 82%
Biology 455 98%
Reading 435 90%
Quant. 455 97%
Chem 485 99%

Composite 451 99%

Writing 3/3

Woo hoo!!!! I hope I have a good chance getting in! :xf:

Last edited:

I first read the Biology section of Kaplan and write down the parts where I need more brushing up on. Biology was my weakest subject just because I had it too long ago.

I then read the organic chemistry review from Barron and other books I found at Border, because this is my second weakest subject.

Then the rest of the time, I would do practice tests. Any book that contains full length PCAT tests, I would do. I go to Borders after class or in the weekend or whenever I have free time. I always timed myself. During the practice test, I always marked the question that I sure did not know the answer so that I can go back and read the explanation, or read it up online or in a text book, to make sure I will not make this mistake again.

During all of these times, I would always take with me the vocabulary book/flashcards and read them in between classes, or in the car, or whenever.

Dr. Collins is the best study material for me, especially in the verbal, biology, chemistry and math sections (not so much the reading).

Give yourself at least 2 months prior to the test to study because it does not always go as planned. Sometimes, you will have other commitments or simply too tired of studying. I would study on and off but make sure that every week, you would complete a practice test and know the information contained in the test.

If you have more time at the end, do Dr. Collin's practice tests again and again until you score 100%.

That's what I did and I hope it is helpful for some of you. Best of luck, guys! :)

My stat is:
BS Biochem GPA 3.83
MS Chemistry GPA 3.89

PCAT June 19 score:

Verbal 423 82%
Biology 455 98%
Reading 435 90%
Quant. 455 97%
Chem 485 99%

Composite 451 99%

Writing 3/3

Woo hoo!!!! I hope I have a good chance getting in! :xf:
congrats on ur awesome score! im taking the pcat in august, im using dr collins and kaplan right now. when i did dr collins biology, i found the questions were based on a lot of material thats not mentioned in the pcat review and based on general bio info. for example like "the study of tissues is called _____________" will these questions be on the real PCAT? I got so freaked out cuz I didn't know the answer to questions like these.. also, how much of Dr collins was actually on the real PCAT? thanks!

This is frustrating .. its friday and i still havent received scores in mail.. has anyone in GA gotten ur scores? how do u buy them online- is it worth bying since its fri already :mad:

INsane.
I caved and bought my scores online tonight even though I'll prolly get the report in the mail tomorrow.. but I was instantly blown away out of my mind to see my comp score of 99!!!
I posted on here june 19th, the day of my PCAT, about 1 hour afterward talking about how I felt I didn't perform very well... that the real deal was way harder than the Pearson practice test, but damn! I still cant believe it, I'm so happy!! :)

Verbal Ability 437 - 92%
Biology 430 - 88%
Reading Comprehension 435 - 90%
Quantitative Ability 455 - 97%
Chemistry 505 - 99%

Composite 452 - 99% :D

I was expecting in the 70s% for verbal and reading....
80s% for bio
maybe mid 80s% for quant
possibly a 90% for chem
and I guess around an 80% for comp, based on what people were saying on here and based on the scores I got back on all three pearson practice tests.... I still cant believe it. :idea:

But anyway, I very much want to pass of my good fortune to anyone who might be retaking and am more than willing to provide info for ppl on strategies for preparation. I prepared a little differently than most people I read about here on SDN. I have posted on some other threads about my strategies/opinions of preparation if anybody wants to look just click to my other posts.
Or.. please feel free to ask me questions via personal message, that is the best way I believe. Or could get in touch via email, just ask over personal message. I feel very blessed to be in this position. I tutor students here in Austin, TX for chem/bio/math and PCAT and would like to extend a hand to students on here. I am confident I can help. :thumbup:

I'm dying here. If my scores don't come in the snail mail tomorrow, I may cave and pay the $20...but that's a lot of money for me right now, believe it or not..but I don't know how much longer I can wait without inducing a freaking aneurysm ><

I'm dying here. If my scores don't come in the snail mail tomorrow, I may cave and pay the $20...but that's a lot of money for me right now, believe it or not..but I don't know how much longer I can wait without inducing a freaking aneurysm ><

where do u live?

INsane.
I caved and bought my scores online tonight even though I'll prolly get the report in the mail tomorrow.. but I was instantly blown away out of my mind to see my comp score of 99!!!
I posted on here june 19th, the day of my PCAT, about 1 hour afterward talking about how I felt I didn't perform very well... that the real deal was way harder than the Pearson practice test, but damn! I still cant believe it, I'm so happy!! :)

Verbal Ability 437 - 92%
Biology 430 - 88%
Reading Comprehension 435 - 90%
Quantitative Ability 455 - 97%
Chemistry 505 - 99%

Composite 452 - 99% :D

I was expecting in the 70s% for verbal and reading....
80s% for bio
maybe mid 80s% for quant
possibly a 90% for chem
and I guess around an 80% for comp, based on what people were saying on here and based on the scores I got back on all three pearson practice tests.... I still cant believe it. :idea:

But anyway, I very much want to pass of my good fortune to anyone who might be retaking and am more than willing to provide info for ppl on strategies for preparation. I prepared a little differently than most people I read about here on SDN. I have posted on some other threads about my strategies/opinions of preparation if anybody wants to look just click to my other posts.
Or.. please feel free to ask me questions via personal message, that is the best way I believe. Or could get in touch via email, just ask over personal message. I feel very blessed to be in this position. I tutor students here in Austin, TX for chem/bio/math and PCAT and would like to extend a hand to students on here. I am confident I can help. :thumbup:
There's no need to do it over PM or email. Help people publicly so everybody can benefit at some point. :) Nice job on the scores.

sure sure, I just meant a more personal 'tutoring' which is what im used to, but I'm down with whatever ppl want

I live near Dallas, Texas and I didn't receive my scores today. I thought it might come today so I didn't purchase scores online but if it doesn't come tomorrow I might as well! This is frustrating...