June 19 pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hurahman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey has anyone received there scores yet for June 19?

Im extremely anxious....How long till we get them...

two weeks, three weeks????

HELPPPPPP!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey has anyone received there scores yet for June 19?

Im extremely anxious....How long till we get them...

two weeks, three weeks????

HELPPPPPP!!!!

Patience is a virtue, right? 5-6 wks will put us towards the end of the month. Find something else to focus on for now.

Start checking your mailbox around July 23rd at the earliest, if the timeline is similar to January's

*BUMP*

I remember people getting unofficial scores online about 3 weeks after the Jan pcat. Does anyone know when this will be available for the June test takers?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll stop by and check the PharmCAS status screen under "tests" every once in a while in another week or so....seems like that's where it showed first that the grades had been released.

It is my understanding you could buy the scores online but there was very little time difference between the online and when you got them in the mail. So far I have seen no option for online this time....

Everyone will get them in the mail....if you can't wait the 2 or 3 days to receive them once they are released, you can pay an extra $20 to see them online like adma said. Seems like this whole process is a huge racket for Pearson!

What i like is how the registation deadline for the aug 21st test was on july 9th, and at the earliest of 3 weeks would recieve the scores for the june 19th test on july 10th.

Do you think they do it this way so that people either pay the full registration fee for another test and only have the option to get a half refund, or wait and if they want to retake it have to pay the registration fee plus an addition 49$ for a past deadline fee.

I am so ready to get the June scores!!! This Saturday will be 4 weeks...I've been fairly patient but as it gets closer I'm starting to get impatient!!

I'll have to go check the late registration deadline...I was planning to retake in October if I have to. But maybe I should consider August. I'm really just hoping I don't need a retake.

Someone push the fast forward button!! :D

What i like is how the registation deadline for the aug 21st test was on july 9th, and at the earliest of 3 weeks would recieve the scores for the june 19th test on july 10th.

Do you think they do it this way so that people either pay the full registration fee for another test and only have the option to get a half refund, or wait and if they want to retake it have to pay the registration fee plus an addition 49$ for a past deadline fee.

I agree smallpharma, it's a complete scam. Pearson does this purposefully--either way 2nd timers are gonna loose money

Members don't see this ad :)
in january the pcat was on jan 23 and people starting getting their scores on Feb 27 so you would imagine that maybe by thurs/fri/sat people may start to get their scores.

I agree. We should start to get them this weekend based on past timing. I still stick my mailbox key in with extreme anticipation every day this week. Its getting close....

Me too. It's a very long time to wait. From what I've heard, prospective medical students get their MCATs back faster.

nope, no difference....you just get your results 1 or 2 days earlier...for a nominal fee.

Does anyone know, based off past experience or what not, when we should expect to get our personal score reports online? I suspect by saturday because that would be the five week mark, but I would like confirmation.

It looks like (from previous threads) last year people who took the PCAT on June 20th, 2009 were able to see their scores online on July 21st. That ended up being on a Tuesday 4 weeks and 3 days later. For the June 21st, 2008 PCAT people were able to see their scores around July 25th (4 weeks 6 days later on a Friday). Guessing off this we might even see them tomorrow.

can someone who has received there scores start a new thread where we can post stats (for june 2010).

Thanks!!

I have been checking pharmcas, pcat registration for my personal score report, and my mailbox...and I'm so anxious! I just want this waiting game to be over :( Please post when ya'll get your scores. For the Jan 2010 pcat, all my friends got theirs a few days before me.

I think you have to wait until the scores are available and you can buy them next to the PCAT date that you took. It will cost you $50 and this will probably save you 1-2 weeks of more waiting, I think.

I think you have to wait until the scores are available and you can buy them next to the PCAT date that you took. It will cost you $50 and this will probably save you 1-2 weeks of more waiting, I think.

Crap. I thought they were $20 but only saved 2-3 days of waiting. I am willing to pay $20 (which is still such a scam), but I don't think that I can do $50!

From what I've heard from several sources who have taken the test before, the cost is 20 dollars and it will save you 1 to 4 days...I definitely don't feel that it's 50 dollars

I've been checking online for scores for a week now!

Also, I've heard that the test scores generally come out at night around 9 or 10 pm...my buddy who took it last June said the site went 'under construction' at about 830pm and by 9 the scores were up...Just something to think about!

Good Luck!

From what I've heard from several sources who have taken the test before, the cost is 20 dollars and it will save you 1 to 4 days...I definitely don't feel that it's 50 dollars

I've been checking online for scores for a week now!

Also, I've heard that the test scores generally come out at night around 9 or 10 pm...my buddy who took it last June said the site went 'under construction' at about 830pm and by 9 the scores were up...Just something to think about!

Good Luck!

When I received my scores online, I logged on to SDN Saturday (2/27/2010) afternoon and someone had posted that there was a link available to order your score report. (I wasn't expecting to see anything until Monday.)

I do remember that the site was under construction a day or two before the scores were available; There is a link where you can click on your test date and request your score report.

I received my scores in the mail on either Monday or Tuesday (03/01-02/2010). Was it worth it for me? Yes, since I was racking my brain regarding my PCAT score, wanting confirmation that I had done well on the exam.

I have a feeling I am going to eat my words and pay for the report. My mail starts forwarding on Weds and I won't be picking it up for 10-14 days.

Yeah I have been waiting patiently and now I'm ready for these scores, its killing me. Saturday will be 5 weeks, I already signed up for the August one, because I didn't feel that great after this one, it was my first time. I'm nervous, surprisingly BIO gave me the most trouble, there were many nit picky questions about stupid middle school stuff

I should have signed up as well..I actually went on a month long vacation after the test, and thank god the test scores didnt keep me wondering all night long.

I'm sure pearson made the date to sign up for august that early on purpose. i think they were trying to get the message across to people who needed to retake after june pcat to study more for the october one.

but at the same time, there are few of us who can't manage PCAT/school/work full-time...

for people who are thinking of retaking, are you retaking in october or august?

Here is a question: does Pearson post the scores online before/at the same time as sending paper copies, or do they send the paper copies before releasing them online (but due to mail delays, some people get the paper version after the online version appears)?

Bottom line - am I wasting my time checking the mail multiple times/day to see if it came when the scores have not appeared online yet?

Here is a question: does Pearson post the scores online before/at the same time as sending paper copies, or do they send the paper copies before releasing them online (but due to mail delays, some people get the paper version after the online version appears)?

Bottom line - am I wasting my time checking the mail multiple times/day to see if it came when the scores have not appeared online yet?

yes. if the scores are available online, its a good representation that you should start checking your mail the business day after.

I should have signed up as well..I actually went on a month long vacation after the test, and thank god the test scores didnt keep me wondering all night long.

I'm sure pearson made the date to sign up for august that early on purpose. i think they were trying to get the message across to people who needed to retake after june pcat to study more for the october one.

but at the same time, there are few of us who can't manage PCAT/school/work full-time...

for people who are thinking of retaking, are you retaking in october or august?

I signed up for August to re-take, just in case. Don't want to have to think about taking the test while in school and working and pregnant. Taking school off that list to take the August PCAT (even though I'll be as large as a house) will make it easier for me.

what did yall think about the pcat in june anyway? Feeling good about it or what. I wasn't able to finish math, so worried about that. Bio was rougher than I thought, and with chem there was wayy to much advanced orgo on it!

ehh it was my first time and i barely studied really for it
i kinda halfassed through math and chem (cuz it my form had so much orgo) and bio was alright i guess
the rest were okay but from what i can tell from the past PCATs this year, alot of people felt good about the verbal, RC but found out they got low scores for some reason
anywayyyyy all i can do is wait

what did yall think about the pcat in june anyway? Feeling good about it or what. I wasn't able to finish math, so worried about that. Bio was rougher than I thought, and with chem there was wayy to much advanced orgo on it!

Im seeing alot of people complaining about the bio on the PCAT. Is Dr. Collins not sufficient anymore for the PCAT? I mean, im using collins as a guide on what to study. So Im using Collins, and Kaplan purple book. Is this a good approach?? It seems like BIO for Collins is not that good anymore...

Thoughts????

In an earlier thread, I mentioned that I thought my form showed a lot of consistency with the Pearson tests. There did seem to be a fair amount of Orgo on the Chem section, but I didn't think it was too hard. The Math had four or five I wasn't sure of, but I was able to finish. I didn't use Dr. Collins at all, but I used a bunch of other stuff.

That said, what gives, Pearson? We've now waited longer than the people in June 2009 and June 2008 to get our scores. They'd better not mess up the scoring like they did with the FCAT in Florida.

Anyone got any idea when they are sending these things? Our tests are still pending it says online, if they haven't even posted the online scores yet, how long will it be till we get the mailed ones! this is stupid, bc everyone else in other months had their tests by now. I just wanna get it over with!

We are all anxious, but Pearson told us 5 to 6 weeks until our scores are reported...today marks week 5, I wouldn't be disappointed in Pearson because they have not given us any false information...We are just going by hear-say as far as the online scores being reported at certain times

Good Luck Everyone!

Take a deep breathe! Your score will be the same today as it is in a week!

Your right. I guess one testing group has to receive their scores last relative to the others online, and that isn't Pearson's fault. It just would be nice to know if I need to buckle down for the August exam. Hopefully they will be online tonight, if not then monday.

Anyone got any idea when they are sending these things? Our tests are still pending it says online, if they haven't even posted the online scores yet, how long will it be till we get the mailed ones! this is stupid, bc everyone else in other months had their tests by now. I just wanna get it over with!

Does your screen actually say "pending"?

Just curious because mine says:

"No Test Score Exception There are no test scores in your profile." and then the instructions to contact them to get a new user ID if I had taken the test and the scores had not been invalidated.

Aaaaaaaahhhhh I am just trying to relax.

I wonder how much traffic the PCAT site is getting from desperately impatient test-takers checking to see if the scores are up yet! I'd love a flashing statement on the page telling us that the scores won't be up til X date and time and to wait to check back then. (of course that won't stop a lot of people from obsessively checking anyway).