January 2008 Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesL1585

TheAntiSavior?
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the scores will be out in the next 2 weeks or so... why? B/c I said so...

Oh, I better back that statement up with evidence... lol But last year the scores were sent to the testakes in 5 weeks, and I think the same goes for this year.... lets cross our fingers!! I have interviews waiting to happen b/c of this stupid PCAT!

Members don't see this ad.

I was able to push that aside for a few weeks, but I guess now it's time to get all nervous and giddy over the results that are to come.....

Hi everybody, it looks like I am the first person who receive the jan pcat scores, In my case they were not good at all.:(
Good luck for everybody!!!

I just got mine today too. It took me a whole 15 minutes to stare at the paper before I could look into it. My composite score definitely increased, but my reading score was still the same. I can read, how come it's so low? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got mine today too. It took me a whole 15 minutes to stare at the paper before I could look into it. My composite score definitely increased, but my reading score was still the same. I can read, how come it's so low? :(

Comprehension/analysis/restructure/syntax.... these are just some ideas where you might be falling short. Of course I don't know because I don't know you or your educational or personal background, but there are any number of reasons why the reading score might be low.

Still--- you managed to increase your composite significantly, so that tells me that you structured your studying or your more recent classes in a way to get the most bang for your buck, in a manner of speaking. It's much more difficult to increase the reading/writing portion scores because those are generally built up over years and years of study of English. If you didn't have a strong basic English reading/writing formative deducation (we're talking elementary and high school here), you're probably not going to be able to study enough to increase that score significantly between two test cycles. On the other hand, a good review of chemistry and calculus can make a big impact on those scores.

I'd say you made a good assessment of what you could change and what you couldn't change, and you chose the route that would give the best outcome. Without knowing what your composite is, I'd say you made a good choice. I wish you luck this admission cycle!

I live on campus and my mailbox is so far away... I suppose I'll start walking there.

I've been checking this forum to see if anyone has gotten their scores yet. It looks like two people already got them. For the two individuals that received their scores, do you live in the east coast? I'm from California so I'm wondering if I'm going to receive my scores today also. I'll have to wait 4 more hours 'til the mail comes.

hahahaha i was dead on right told u it would be from today to March 8 for everyone to receive their report :D

Hi everyone!

Since we are all in this similarly anxious situation of running to the mailbox everyday to see if our scores are there, I am glad to hear that a few have actually recieved scores today. Though you did not seem to be excited about the scores, I think it is important that we all remember the PCAT is a test. Yes, it is an important test, but it does not overshadow all of the hard work you have done in the classrooom to achieve your G.P.A., your extracurriculars, your pharmacy experience, and any other activities you have done throughout your years in school. This was one day you went to take a test, and if you remember that you did your best, that is really all you can expect from yourself. There are plenty of very intelligent people, who are simply not the best test-takers. Of course all of us want a 99 to get into Pharmacy School with a perfect record, but realistically as long as you know you gave it your best, that is what matters. Abcluck, just know this may not be a completely accurate reflection of your reading abilties because there are so many factors to take into account. I wish you and everyone else the best of luck as we all wait to get accepted from our respective schools. Just, try to relax, I KNOW it is REALLY HARD because we are all waiting, and know this is just one aspect of your application! All of the best to all of you! :)

Hi everyone!

Since we are all in this similarly anxious situation of running to the mailbox everyday to see if our scores are there, I am glad to hear that a few have actually recieved scores today. Though you did not seem to be excited about the scores, I think it is important that we all remember the PCAT is a test. Yes, it is an important test, but it does not overshadow all of the hard work you have done in the classrooom to achieve your G.P.A., your extracurriculars, your pharmacy experience, and any other activities you have done throughout your years in school. This was one day you went to take a test, and if you remember that you did your best, that is really all you can expect from yourself. There are plenty of very intelligent people, who are simply not the best test-takers. Of course all of us want a 99 to get into Pharmacy School with a perfect record, but realistically as long as you know you gave it your best, that is what matters. Abcluck, just know this may not be a completely accurate reflection of your reading abilties because there are so many factors to take into account. I wish you and everyone else the best of luck as we all wait to get accepted from our respective schools. Just, try to relax, I KNOW it is REALLY HARD because we are all waiting, and know this is just one aspect of your application! All of the best to all of you! :)

Well said. Glad to know there are still people that can keep things in perspective! :thumbup:

I'm from Florida too, however I didn't receive my scores in the mail today. I guess I'll have to wait till Monday:scared:

has anyone on the west coast received their scores? i live in southern california, and i'm still waiting for the mailman to come:(

Members don't see this ad :)
I am from Florida.

What the hell? Why would Florida residents get their results first? Isn't Harcourt in San Antonio? I'm in Texas and I didn't receive my results yet, but then again, the mail hasn't come today yet...

Maybe I should be happy though... I don't want my results to crush my dreams of getting in this year. No results = hope, results = :(, unless, of course, I did good, then results = :banana:

My scores came in the mail today in North Carolina....I'm up to an 80 from a 64 in October. I am happy!!!:laugh:

Just got my scores back, and I feel like I should be happy about it but it looks like I really bummed the writing section, got a 2 and a 3. Composite was a 96, any idea if these writing scores are going to screw me over?

Just got my scores back, and I feel like I should be happy about it but it looks like I really bummed the writing section, got a 2 and a 3. Composite was a 96, any idea if these writing scores are going to screw me over?
Awesome. Congratulation.

Most schools don't even look at writing scores. Many of them only consider the composite score. It's the least important part. I've never heard of any school mention about writing score except Ferris State.

Awesome. Congratulation.

Most schools don't even look at writing scores. Many of them only consider the composite score. It's the least important part. I've never heard of any school mention about writing score except Ferris State.

Man, that's great, I was getting really concerned about that writing score ruining things for me (guess I freak out easily :p), good to know it won't mess things up as bad as I thought. Thanks for the congrats, ahh time to celebrate.

Just got back from work and took my mail from my mailbox. My 83 composite makes me fairly happy. Did anybody else's come in a blank envelope with no return address from Harcourt Assessment ?
Confused me :confused:. Didn't expect a PCAT score in a blank envelope, started thinking it was junkmail and was almost about to throw it away if it didn't have my name on it. :laugh:

1st time taker

Got an 88 composite, Verbal and Math screwed me over. Got a 4.0 and 4.5 for writing which is very surprising. I didn't study much, only about 2-3 weeks before the test so I wonder if I should take it again and study more....

To all those that received their scores does your pharmcas show that pharmcas received your scores?

To all those who received their scores today, you guys are all so lucky! I checked the mail 3 times today and my scores didn't come. I'll probably be getting them sometime next week. I'm starting to resent the post office here. :cool:

I'm from Florida as well. However, I didn't get it today. I kind of assumed that since pharmcas didn't receive mine yet. I really hope it comes in soon...this is only thing that is holding me back from interviews!:eek:
Congrats on those that did well!

I just got my scores today and I am in Texas. I was so excited and glad they are finally here.

i still didnt get them. hopefully monday.
btw - did PharmCAS receive your results yet? Cause they didnt for me

It s ok...Hic hic...I dont know but I am still waiting for this tes scored bad...I am not nervous like the first time taker. However, I want to see how I did on the third time. I am from Florida, and I did not get it yet. It was weird because last two times, I always got the results back on the Friday of the fifth week. But still, good luck everyone, and congrats for those who got the results back with hight scores.

I just got my scores today and I am in Texas. I was so excited and glad they are finally here.

*%&#! I didn't get them today and I am DYING to know what I got!

Congrats to everyone that got their scores today and did well. I'm jealous.

Only 1 of the 7 schools I have applied to has received my test scores already. I bet it is is simply going to be Monday or Tuesday before they get to everyone.

Hi everybody, it looks like I am the first person who receive the jan pcat scores, In my case they were not good at all.:(
Good luck for everybody!!!

Don't worry your not the only one...guess I'm not getting in this year

Verbal Ability 69 -->75%
Biology 74 -->83%
Reading 39---> 40% :confused:
Quantitative 62---> 96%
Chemistry 49---> 89%

Composite 59 ---> 87%

Writing 3 --> 3
After the test, I thought reading is the only part that I have improved but ouch!.... I am totally wrong.. it is still bad..:(

I don't know how come i received the score before PharmCAS. It hasn't been posted on PharmCAS yet.

Verbal Ability 69 -->75%
Biology 74 -->83%
Quantitative 62---> 96%
Chemistry 49---> 89%

Composite 59 ---> 87%

Writing 3 --> 3
After the test, I thought reading is the only part that I have improved but ouch!.... I am totally wrong.. it is still bad..:(

I don't know how come i received the score before PharmCAS. It hasn't been posted on PharmCAS yet.

Congrats on your score! May I ask which state you're from?

Don't worry your not the only one...guess I'm not getting in this year
You might have a chance. I had 7 interviews with 59% PCAT. You never know. Anything over 50% make it possible for the interview invitation. When I got a call for and interview, I mentioned to them how poor my PCAT is. And they said "well.. it's over 50%". I don't know if it's a joke.

You might have a chance. I had 7 interviews with 59% PCAT. You never know. Anything over 50% make it possible for the interview invitation. When I got a call for and interview, I mentioned to them how poor my PCAT is. And they said "well.. it's over 50%". I don't know if it's a joke.

To which schools did you get interviews with 59% pcat?

Verbal Ability 69 -->75%
Biology 74 -->83%
Quantitative 62---> 96%
Chemistry 49---> 89%

Composite 59 ---> 87%

Writing 3 --> 3

Hey, that's excellent! I know you were stressing over that first score. You did a great job bringing it up.

Don't sweat the reading score. Realistically, you showed that you're able to read enough to turn out some smokin' scores on the other sections, and that's really where things will count.

I hope you're happy with these. You should be very proud of yourself. ;-)

Verbal Ability --> 96%
Biology -->78%
Reading ---> 71%
Quantitative ---> 55%
Chemistry ---> 82%

Composite ---> 84%

Writing 3 --> 3

I took the PCAT without taking Bio II or really knowing any of the Calculus on the quantitative. I only had a week to review for everything too because of short notice. I think if I take the PCAT again I will do better, but how do these scores look right now? Does my large verbal ability percentage artificially boost my composite score?

My scores arrived today!!! I am so happy. This was my second time taking it. I came in fully prepared; that was something I did not acquire the first time around.
Verbal: 89
Biology: 78
Reading: 71
Quantitative: 95
Chemistry: 82
Composite: 90 :banana:
Writing: 3,3

This is a major change since my first score was a 33 =( but that was because of a bubbling error and the fact that I only studied a few hours the week leading to the test...
Anyways, I am living proof that you can get a good score, but only if you work hard at it... study, study, study!

Congrats to everyone else that did well!

got mine today! i have a question though-- i did an average of all my subsection scores and it came out to be 75.4, but my composite is 80! how can this be?

got mine today! i have a question though-- i did an average of all my subsection scores and it came out to be 75.4, but my composite is 80! how can this be?

It's not an average, it's a composite. Some parts of the exam are weighted more heavily than others.

i got 84 - but did horrible on verbal and reading .. in the 40's. Did pretty well on math, bio and chem.
Hopefully its good enough.

Got my PCAT scores back today as well!
-------------------------->October -------->January
Verbal Ability------>392/ 3
8:eek:--------->399/ 50
Biology--------------->434/ 90:D--------->411/ 69:eek:
Reading Comp.--->393/ 39:eek:--------->406/ 60
Quantitative-------->405/ 62 ------------->433/ 9:D
Chemistry---------->411/ 70:)---------->431/ 89:D
Composite--------->407/ 64 ------------->416/ 79:cool:

Soooo close to the 80 mark. I improved on everything except biology, which I decreased in, and it's actually making me reeeeaally nervous. Anyway, despite that, I'm actually exceptionally happy with January's scores seeing as I took it while I had the flu. I'm trying to get into Orlando's campus at the University of Florida but I don't know. Things could go either way. I guess I'll have to just hope and pray they at least invite me for an interview so I can sway them into selecting me to join them. I know GPA, and PCAT scores have a weight on things, but I'm praying my essays, LOR, and research/extracurriculars let the adcom know I'm a wonderful candidate and so very passionate about pharmacy.

Well congratulations to all who have gotten their acceptance letters and/or the PCAT scores they wanted! To everyone else, keep your head in the game, cause it's not over yet :)

Received mine today, after hoping they would come on saturday.

1st try, 84th percentile. No more PCAT for me ever!

in maryland and just got my scores today!
good luck to everyone who's still waiting!

Last edited:
i just got my score and have never been so disappointed :(
i took the PCAt for the first time and here are my scores

Verbal 40
Biology 55
Reading 9
Quantitative 83
Chemistry 69
Composite 47 :eek:

writing 3,3

I have no idea even if i m going to get an inteview with these scores.. please help guys.... should i just stop thinking about getting into pharmacy:confused:

Wisconsin here.

Verbal 93
Biology 94
Reading 96
Quantitative 95
Chemistry 97
Composite 98

3's on the writing.

I'm so relieved. I came out of the test thinking it had been really hard. My scores were sent to my parents' house and they left me a voicemail while I was taking a midterm. I knew what it had to be and was too nervous to listen before I got back to my room. I worked up the courage and dialed my voicemail to hear my dad nonchalantly read my scores on the message. I think I'll take these first-time scores and never sit through that boring test again.

It's not an average, it's a composite. Some parts of the exam are weighted more heavily than others.

Not quite. Each section is weighted equally, but the composite score is a percentile, as is each section score. It has nothing to do with the average of the sections - it's just how well you did overall compared to everyone else.

Think about it this way - to get in the top percentile in the nation (to get a 99) you do not need to get a 99 in each individual section, because pretty much no one is going to be able to do that. If you get around the 92nd percentile in each section, when you look at your scores at a whole they might be in the top 1% of all test takers, so you would get a 99 composite. On the flip side, if you get a 5% on each section, bombing every area, you might be in the bottom 1% because most people are not going to consistently get a really low score in each area. Does that make sense?