January 4 PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

big_pharma

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

How did you all do?

I honestly thought I tanked. So much so that I folded my preliminary score up and stuck it in my pocket without looking at it. Waited about 30 minutes before looking, AND.....

97 composite
96 bio
99 chem
74 reading
81 quant

Very surprised with my Chem, and totally didn't expect to do so poorly on reading..

Members don't see this ad.

I had:

46 bio,
92 chem,
71 reading,
82 quant,
78 composite

I thought I was going to do worse on my reading section since English is my 2nd language. However, since I have not had any Microbio or Physiology classes yet, I got a surprisingly low score on it. I'm not sure what books to get to study Bio to improve my score now because I used Kaplan and Cracking the PCAT for this first time. What material did you use for Bio?

Congrats on your high score though, good job!

I had:

46 bio,
92 chem,
71 reading,
82 quant,
78 composite

I thought I was going to do worse on my reading section since English is my 2nd language. However, since I have not had any Microbio or Physiology classes yet, I got a surprisingly low score on it. I'm not sure what books to get to study Bio to improve my score now because I used Kaplan and Cracking the PCAT for this first time. What material did you use for Bio?

Congrats on your high score though, good job!
Thanks, I put a lot of time in it from early Sept-thanksgiving and then relaxed up through till the test date.

I used Kaplan, petersons master the PCAT, and crack the PCAT software. Check out petersons book. I heard dr Collins is the holy grail, but I had already spent ~350-400$ on prep material.

I had a hard time with reading which is normally one of my stronger sections... I just felt kind of tunnel visioned during that subtest

But I'm rolling with what I scored.

What schools/admission cycle are you looking at?

Hey everyone,

How did you all do?

I honestly thought I tanked. So much so that I folded my preliminary score up and stuck it in my pocket without looking at it. Waited about 30 minutes before looking, AND.....

97 composite
96 bio
99 chem
74 reading
81 quant

Very surprised with my Chem, and totally didn't expect to do so poorly on reading..

I didn't do well in quantitative reasoning because I didn't review the calculus (integrals and derivatives) & my reading score should've been higher. I only studied a couple weeks before I took pcat. My science is what kept me above water

bio: 94
Chem: 89
reading: 34
quant.: 29
composite: 70

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote on Jan 4 as well, my scores were

bio: 99
chem: 99
reading: 92
quant: 77
composite: 98

I didn't do well in quantitative reasoning because I didn't review the calculus (integrals and derivatives) & my reading score should've been higher. I only studied a couple weeks before I took pcat. My science is what kept me above water

bio: 94
Chem: 89
reading: 34
quant.: 29
composite: 70

I wrote on Jan 4 as well, my scores were

bio: 99
chem: 99
reading: 92
quant: 77
composite: 98

Could you two enlighten me as to how you both got a really high Bio score? It has been bugging me a lot lately because of how detailed the questions appeared on the official test. Thank you.

I wish I could give a helpful answer, but the trust is I have an MSc in Physiology (plus 4 years of undergrad under my belt), so I didn't really study much for the bio section.

To get that high score on chem though I used Collins' book.

Could you two enlighten me as to how you both got a really high Bio score? It has been bugging me a lot lately because of how detailed the questions appeared on the official test. Thank you.

I have a BS in cell&molecular bio, and an MS in pharmaceutical chemistry that was heavy with biochem and physiology processes...I studied with Kaplan, Peterson's Master the PCAT, and Crack the PCAT software.

I wish I could give a helpful answer, but the trust is I have an MSc in Physiology (plus 4 years of undergrad under my belt), so I didn't really study much for the bio section.

To get that high score on chem though I used Collins' book.

I have a BS in cell&molecular bio, and an MS in pharmaceutical chemistry that was heavy with biochem and physiology processes...I studied with Kaplan, Peterson's Master the PCAT, and Crack the PCAT software.

Oh holy moly! Well, I'm just a Junior in a nearby college. Still, congratulation on your high scores! I need to try harder next time.

I noticed when I took the PCAT that several of the bio questions dealt more with the upper division sciences classes I took like neuroscience, microbiology, anatomy- not basic science material. I also think that after studying for and taking the DAT, a lot of the material was similar and this helped me score higher on Bio