Jan. 2014 Examiners Unite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misplacedshadow

Underclass Hero
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone here postpone their exam to or are planning to take the exam on January 2014? It's the final year in the old format without the new psychology/biochemistry section.

My reason for postponing to January is because I got a bit too lazy in the studying process and will be starting a new job soon, so my September date is too soon for me to be ready to tackle the beast. So I postponed to January. Anyone else out there in a similar situation, any way if there is we have about 5 months of studying to do for this exam.

I plan on starting tonight. Let's try to inspire, motivate, offer a shoulder to cry on, and give advice to our fellow peers who have postponed their exam to Jan or will plan to register in Jan.

Please don't act negatively towards your fellow sdners, or kick them when they are down. I know this happens a lot here in these forums. Keep your bad comments to yourself because we are all friends here. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

For some reason I'm not even worried. Probably because I already gave up on my exam the moment I walked out of the testing site. Anyone else thinking about a late May/early June retake? haha

Reactions: 1 users
It looks like it is typically released around 3pm... Ugh this is almost as bad as the night before taking the test.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For some reason I'm not even worried. Probably because I already gave up on my exam the moment I walked out of the testing site. Anyone else thinking about a late May/early June retake? haha

Yea man those first 2 physical science passages left me discouraged for the rest of the exam. I'm praying I don't have to start studying again for a retake. Fuuuuckkkkk I just want a 30+ mane

Any other Jan 23rd test takers here?? I know there was that official thread for the Jan 25th exam but I never saw one for the 23rd so I figured not many people took it that day.

The worst part for me is everyone around me, including friends/family/classmates, always asking "OMG DO YOU KNOW YOUR SCORES YET?! MCAT--WHAT DID YOU GET?!? HOW DID YOU DO?! WHAT DID YOU THINK OF IT?!?" In fact, both of my parents keep forgetting what day I get scores back, so every phone call to them in the past week has started with "well, how'd you do?" as opposed to "hello."

People hate on SDN and advise against getting on here post-exam, but you guys are more encouraging and less annoying than all of these people around me IRL

Reactions: 2 users
We all want to be doctors with countless nights on call and many life or death situations to handle in the future... And we're worrying about the score for a test we have already taken. Take a moment to put things in perspective guys

I downloaded twitter and made an account to follow the aamc for when registration opened, haven't used it since and just redownloaded the app for tomorrow. Soooo anxious

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How many beers are required prior to clicking the log in button?

Honestly I advise against this. Back in freshman year I was SUPER nervous to see the grade for one of my classes and I decided to get drunk that night before checking it. After checking (and being thoroughly disappointed) my head started spinning and I nearly threw up. Went to bed that night and had terrible nightmares.

Just gonna deal with the score this time

Best of luck to all of you guys. I hope we ALL come back to this thread to gloat about how we did better than expect.
brb nervous as fk

I wanted to wish everyone good luck today! You all have made it through the hardest part so whatever happens today give yourself a pat on the back! I would have been in this batch but I had to postpone!

Reactions: 3 users
We all want to be doctors with countless nights on call and many life or death situations to handle in the future... And we're worrying about the score for a test we have already taken. Take a moment to put things in perspective guys

I think it's perfectly healthy to worry about your MCAT score. People say it's about equivalent to your GPA. So essentially all the worrying you have ever done for all your college classes should be equivalent to your worrying about this <3 hour test. I mean, if we don't do well on it, we won't be able to become doctors. Granted we can re-take...but still.

I've already refreshed AAMC_MCAT on twitter 30 times. I have to sit in front of a computer all day at work :/

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Today is Judgement Day, where we will find out if we have what it takes to become doctors. So no, it's not just a test. It is something much bigger than that.

Remember guys, it's just a test! Best of luck :)

image.png

Reactions: 6 users
I was going to wait until I got home from work to check my score, but at this point I just want to know ASAP.

MCAT twitter says "Scores are posted in the MCAT testing history system". Then I realize it was a reply to tweet about where they will be posted. Scumbag MCAT twitter.

any 2014 mcat takers the likes of *GETTHELEADOUT* or *ELCAPONE* on here...?
why the querry:
lots of frightened individuals...

I have an exam this evening and tomorrow and I can't study until I find out my score -___-

Good luck everyone!!! I'm pulling for all of us.
I'm in a lab class from 2 to 5 and I don't think I should check during lab and risk a public meltdown..

*sigh* typical AAMC, they posted scores scores are up in response to a question and scores aren't up -__-. ****ers

Last edited:
fyi, according to their twitter history, the scores have consistently been released between 3:00-3:10 EST.