Jan. 2014 Examiners Unite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misplacedshadow

Underclass Hero
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone here postpone their exam to or are planning to take the exam on January 2014? It's the final year in the old format without the new psychology/biochemistry section.

My reason for postponing to January is because I got a bit too lazy in the studying process and will be starting a new job soon, so my September date is too soon for me to be ready to tackle the beast. So I postponed to January. Anyone else out there in a similar situation, any way if there is we have about 5 months of studying to do for this exam.

I plan on starting tonight. Let's try to inspire, motivate, offer a shoulder to cry on, and give advice to our fellow peers who have postponed their exam to Jan or will plan to register in Jan.

Please don't act negatively towards your fellow sdners, or kick them when they are down. I know this happens a lot here in these forums. Keep your bad comments to yourself because we are all friends here. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

How have you guys been? I've never written so much in my entire life. All of these personal statements, man.

Reactions: 1 user
How have you guys been? I've never written so much in my entire life. All of these personal statements, man.
My finals are this next week and I'm sorry to say I haven't even written one draft of my PS yet... :eek: But I've asked everyone for letters and they are all working on them now. I'm at 7 with a possible 8th being a DO. Other then that life is good. I'm down to 22-23 schools I'll be applying to. I'm excited!

Hey brahs!

Got an interview at the end of the month for an SMP!

Any good interview books you guys can recommend?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome man. A good book not specific to interviewing but people skills in general is how to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie. It's a quick read but we'll regarded.

Went great!

Had 3 faculty members interview me, felt like we were a very good fit

How's everyone doing? Resurrecting this from the dead.
On the SMP front: Rejected from NYMC AMP. Not enough extras. Waitlisted at BU and Tufts, but it was my own fault since I applied so late. Doing an intensive 1 year of extracurriculars and applying WAY broader and WAY earlier (October of this year) for next year.

If there is no waitlist movement, gonna apply for NYMC, BU and Tufts again, and GWU, Dartmouth, EVMS, Drexel, and Temple

On the SMP front: Rejected from NYMC AMP. Not enough extras. Waitlisted at BU and Tufts, but it was my own fault since I applied so late. Doing an intensive 1 year of extracurriculars and applying WAY broader and WAY earlier (October of this year) for next year.

If there is no waitlist movement, gonna apply for NYMC, BU and Tufts again, and GWU, Dartmouth, EVMS, Drexel, and Temple
Keep after it man, it sounds like you've got a great plan in place.

Members don't see this ad :)
How are all of you guys coming along?

Really loving Tufts, 4.0 so far and plan on staying there

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed at a few schools and anxiously awaiting October 15th for some decisions!

Hello peeps! It's been awhile since that January exam... I was accepted into three programs, Touro, VCOM, and DMU back in the 2014 cycle, basically I should be studying in one these schools right now, but decided to go to PA school instead... Have fun and Good luck in your medical endeavors!

Hello All,

Hope this application process is going well for everyone! So far I have gotten 1 interview at SIU and 4 rejections and a lot of unknowns.

Good luck!!

Time to resurrect this. Where did everyone get in/not get in? I'll start:

I interviewed at 3 schools
Accepted at all 3
Will be attending Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.

Reactions: 1 users

Accepted at all 3
Will be attending Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine.

Nice work! I'm not really sure where I'm attending yet. I have 7 acceptances and I've narrowed it down to 3. I'm currently leaning towards Dartmouth but things could change after I attend second look at all 3 places.

Accepted at all 3
Awesome!!

Finished Tufts MBS with 4.0, will be applying June 1