Is this enough to get into Midwestern Glendale?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gnawonthis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all:

Been lurking for awhile, finally got up enough courage to make my first post. Have a question I'd like to get your opinions on:

I live in Phoenix with my wife and kids. My wife is a pharmacist, and I've also decided earlier this year to pursue a career in pharmacy. I will be applying to only one school, Midwestern at Glendale, because I don't want to move my entire family out of the Phoenix area for 3, 4 years and then move back here. I have a son who's in special ed, and we have a fabulous support system set up here with the school district that I don't want to disrupt for the sake of my son's education/treatment.

Here are my creds:

B.S. Degree in Biological Sciences
3.2 GPA in science
3.0 Overall

95% composite on PCAT

Tons of extracurricular activities during school (yrs ago, tho) in the health field and otherwise, including volunteer and work.

Years of working experience in the medical field, but no direct involvement with the pharmacy.

2 solid LOR's from MD's that I've worked with.

Upon checking my old college transcript, I have satisfied all the pre-req's except speech, which I can take in a C.C. in spring of 2006, or even summer of 2006 prior to matriculation.

My question is: Are all of the above enough to earn me at least an interview with Glendale? I'm very good with people, and feel confident that I will do great in interview. I'm just not sure with my creds from above that I will even be granted an interview, especially with my lack of experience in the pharmacy field, and how competitive the admission process is now.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My apologies to the mods. I think this thread should have been posted in the pre-pharm forum. :oops:

looks good from this angle... :thumbup:

referee.jpg

Just to follow up, your outstanding PCAT score, BS degree, along w/your in state residency and health related background should get you an interview. Yes, it's competitive but you have the stats to fall in that category.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a lower PCA Score but a higher GPA without a degree and got in. I am sure you till get an interview.

Thanks alot, fellas. That definitely relieves a lot of my anxiety from waiting for an interview. Hopefully, I will hear from them soon.

Thanks again! :cool:

I'd say you'll get an interview.

They put much emphasis on the interview, so just nail down your reasons for why you want to become a pharmacist. You'll most likely have to defend your reasons why you want to be a pharmacist even though you have no direct experience. (Note: Many people in my class do not have any experience in pharmacy, so they obviously don't require it of their students) Know that they speak much about clinical pharmacist care and expanding the role of pharmacists in the health care system.