Wills Collins and Pearson Practice Tests be Enough to Score 90+?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

9each

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Also how many word for word or similar questions from Collins or the Pearson practice tests showed up on the PCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly I don't remember any word for word...

But Pearson helped greatly in telling me what areas I needed to brush up on, and Collins flash cards helped me stay sharp with biology. I also recommend the Kaplan book and tests as I feel it's a bit more in depth and challenging.

I got a 97 comp if that helps.

Honestly I felt like the Barron's tests I did helped more than the Pearson ones, but they were good to. 96th percentile

Honestly I felt like the Barron's tests I did helped more than the Pearson ones, but they were good to. 96th percentile
Did you use the 2017 Barron's that just came out recently? Also did you see any similar or word for word questions from Barron's?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you use the 2017 Barron's that just came out recently? Also did you see any similar or word for word questions from Barron's?
None of them will be word for word, but concepts are similar. Collins alone is gold. Pearson added to that will raise your score by a lot. The test isn't hard material wise, just focus on timing and simulating the environment when you do the tests

None of them will be word for word, but concepts are similar. Collins alone is gold. Pearson added to that will raise your score by a lot. The test isn't hard material wise, just focus on timing and simulating the environment when you do the tests
You replied on a previous thread that there were word for word questions on the PCAT...

I got 99 composite on July 18th (96 Bio, 99 Chem, 98 CR, 96 QA), the study materials I used were Dr Collins, all 3 Pearson tests, and some youtube videos and class notes. I think for the most part Dr Collins and Pearson are sufficient. I didn't feel the Bio section of Collins was quite good enough though- I'd forgotten a lot of Micro and A&P stuff and Collins didn't cover those in enough detail for me- but using Collins and the Pearson tests it was pretty easy to figure out what I needed to focus on while studying.

In terms of word for word questions- I was so stressed that I can't remember really specifically (and probably am not allowed to tell you too much anyway due to PCAT nondisclosure rules) but I definitely saw several problems in the Bio, Chem, and math sections that I recognized and knew the answer for almost immediately because I'd seen something very similar when studying. I think only 2-3 of them were 100% identical