is retail THAT bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have to back up IndustryPharmD. The medicaid patients are far worse than the rich pompous ones. Both have entitlement issues, but the medicaid patients also tend to (1) hygiene problems (2) payment problems and (3) violence problems.

The walgreen that I interned at was robbed robbed 3 times during working hours, drivethru window bashed in 1 time and shot at 1 time after store closed. My car window smashed while I was working inside (during day time). Yes, most of our patients are on medicaid.

In the rich neighborhood you'll have to deal with rude and self-important asses, but at least your life isn't in danger, won't have to smell body odor or wonder that itch you got is from the wet dollar bills or slimy coins.

My family came to this country with nothing but the shirts on our backs. I even used medicaid for a bit while working as a paperboy to support my family. But we stuck to the asian way, worked and studied our asses off. We climbed out of the ghetto and now have millions. But along the way, we saw just what's wrong with this country. People like us are the extreme minority, and too many people just DON'T try. They just collect their social security checks and medicaid handouts and propagate their ghettoness down the generations. It's sad.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you retail pharmacists that work for chains not have the skills to work in another area? It just seems to me that you guys complain a lot yet you ask for it.

Just one day of working in 80%+ Medicaid store makes me want to abolish the program altogether. :mad:

Nearly 70% of Medicaid expenditures go to the disabled and elderly. I figure they are entitled to the funds more than any of us.

Why not bitch about something important. Something that doesn't help people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you retail pharmacists that work for chains not have the skills to work in another area? It just seems to me that you guys complain a lot yet you ask for it.

It's funny how retail pays more but other areas require more skills and pay less. They've gotta change that bull****.

I work at a moderately-paced grocery store pharmacy (Hy-Vee) and love it. 99% of the patients are nice, and the ones who aren't don't bother anyone. If they're not nice, it seems like they have a lot of personal problems to the point where it honestly just doesn't bother anyone.

I also worked for an indy that was flippin' awesome. I knew all of the patients.

Walgreens can actually be decent depending on the store...

I have to back up IndustryPharmD. The medicaid patients are far worse than the rich pompous ones. Both have entitlement issues, but the medicaid patients also tend to (1) hygiene problems (2) payment problems and (3) violence problems.

The walgreen that I interned at was robbed robbed 3 times during working hours, drivethru window bashed in 1 time and shot at 1 time after store closed. My car window smashed while I was working inside (during day time). Yes, most of our patients are on medicaid.

In the rich neighborhood you'll have to deal with rude and self-important asses, but at least your life isn't in danger, won't have to smell body odor or wonder that itch you got is from the wet dollar bills or slimy coins.

My family came to this country with nothing but the shirts on our backs. I even used medicaid for a bit while working as a paperboy to support my family. But we stuck to the asian way, worked and studied our asses off. We climbed out of the ghetto and now have millions. But along the way, we saw just what's wrong with this country. People like us are the extreme minority, and too many people just DON'T try. They just collect their social security checks and medicaid handouts and propagate their ghettoness down the generations. It's sad.

This is great insight and honestly pretty inspiring. However, I've seen both
1. gifted people on Medicaid...who are just lazy
2. "wage slaves" on Medicaid who actually work very very hard
and
3. people who honestly need Medicaid
oh but don't forget...
4. people who abuse the s*** out of Medicaid and milk it for all it's worth - regardless of intellect or ability

The #4s are the ones who purchase expensive DME equipment on Medicaid. Thank you tax-payers for your hard-earned money. I'm gonna go light up another Marlboro and watch Dr. Phil.

It's funny how retail pays more but other areas require more skills and pay less. They've gotta change that bull****.

because they have to deal with all the mental anguish. After interning for that ghetto walgreens for 3 years, you can't pay me enough to deal with that crap. All that anguish is bound to shorten your life-span down the road. How much is watching 8+ hours daily of your life go down the drain worth?

This is great insight and honestly pretty inspiring. However, I've seen both
1. gifted people on Medicaid...who are just lazy
2. "wage slaves" on Medicaid who actually work very very hard
and
3. people who honestly need Medicaid
oh but don't forget...
4. people who abuse the s*** out of Medicaid and milk it for all it's worth - regardless of intellect or ability

The #4s are the ones who purchase expensive DME equipment on Medicaid. Thank you tax-payers for your hard-earned money. I'm gonna go light up another Marlboro and watch Dr. Phil.

Indeed. I think we all have seen rags to riches stories here and there. It's very unfortunate that they are so rare, and in most cases ghetto perpetuate itself. Medicaid is necessary for social stability, but it's naive to think it is helping most recipients build a better life.

Things that are given away for free has no value, and that's why it will not motivate them. Motivation comes within, and those who really wants to better themselves will find a way with or without free handouts.

Indeed. I think we all have seen rags to riches stories here and there. It's very unfortunate that they are so rare, and in most cases ghetto perpetuate itself. Medicaid is necessary for social stability, but it's naive to think it is helping most recipients build a better life.

Things that are given away for free has no value, and that's why it will not motivate them. Motivation comes within, and those who really wants to better themselves will find a way with or without free handouts.

Right on. I did a lot of work on Native American reservations. Loved the people...but it really really shows what happens when people get everything handed directly to them.

I think the most successful people are those that actually have to struggle somewhat (without being too impoverished...just to a degree) and want to make a better life for themselves and for their families.

A relative of mine grew up on a farm...skipped college...started a cabinet business...sold it for 5 million dollars...and is now watching the interest grow. He also collects 30K per month for the building his business use to be in (rent). He's a heck of a nice guy and he still lives a simple life. Lol the irony is that he now farms for his own enjoyment...doesn't make a dime off of it. :)

The "nice" areas of Phoenix have some of the most selfish pricks I have ever met in my life. Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, and the Biltmore area come to mind...although, many of the people in Scottsdale are "pseudo"-wealthy meaning they pretend they are rich but are actually just living off credit. Those, IMO, are the worst kind...the entitlement attitude plus the incessant need to prove they are better than everyone else by owning(leasing?) an Escalade, having 2.5 children who they dress inappropriately, and living in a gated community that is close to spas and salons where Botox is readily available. Generalization? Sure...but unless you have sat outside at Desert Ridge Mall for an afternoon, you haven't got even a slice of what the culture here is like in certain areas. I'd rather deal with the downtown "hipster" crowd. Can ya tell I am bitter? lol

Back in 05-07 when the city was growing, I worked everywhere from Chandler to Anthem and in between. Believe me, I know exactly where your coming from :D

IMO, the best area to work was Glendale, Surprise, Sun City, those types of areas. Most of the Sun City old folks where really nice. Glendale (Arrowhead area) and Surprise, Chandler, areas like that were good too, just middle class working folks for the most part. Snottsdale and Paradise Valley, bunch of *****holes.

Back in 05-07 when the city was growing, I worked everywhere from Chandler to Anthem and in between. Believe me, I know exactly where your coming from :D

IMO, the best area to work was Glendale, Surprise, Sun City, those types of areas. Most of the Sun City old folks where really nice. Glendale (Arrowhead area) and Surprise, Chandler, areas like that were good too, just middle class working folks for the most part. Snottsdale and Paradise Valley, bunch of *****holes.

I dunno about sun city. They are way to needy and bitch about copays going up 10 cents. Try getting off the phone with 70 year old ladies who can't remember if they took their blood pressure pills and think their dieing because their blood pressure is 148 over 89. You can't get anything done cause the phone calls never stop and each one lasts at least 10 minutes.

Oh and whenever they drop off rxs they always wait and are always in a hurry. WTF, your retired why are you on such a hurry? I guess when your close to dying waiting 15 minutes for anything is too long. :)

Last edited:
To be honest I have no sympathy for people who claim to be in "retail hell". They're not willing to form a union for "working conditions" and they somehow expect customers to all be happy happy joy joy for some reason. No breaks? No lunch? No bathroom breaks? Why should you complain when you tolerate it?

But that's my two cents.

I dunno about sun city. They are way to needy and bitch about copays going up 10 cents. Try getting off the phone with 70 year old ladies who can't remember if they took their blood pressure pills and think their dieing because their blood pressure is 148 over 89. You can't get anything done cause the phone calls never stop and each one lasts at least 10 minutes.

Oh and whenever they drop off rxs they always wait and are always in a hurry. WTF, your retired why are you on such a hurry? I guess when your close to dying waiting 15 minutes for anything is too long. :)

We don't tolerate that **** at Costco. Doesn't matter if we have the Rx and the stuff ready right there in front of us, doesn't matter who you are, you're gonna wait for the Rx 20-40 mins just like anyone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Without reading anything else, my valuable contribution to this thread is: Yes. It is that bad.

Are you seriously this ignorant? Do you think breaking out of a cycle of hopelessness is as easy just "wanting" it? Do you really think that hard work will get you anywhere in America? The best some people can do is janitor. Or Walmart employee. Until post secondary education is free...that's just how it is going to be. Walmart doesn't provide insurance. These people can't magically grow a talent and get a job with benefits. If medicaid offends you, look at how we pay our workers. You should be pissed at them for not providing insurance and sticking everyone else with the bill.

I have a lot of patience for the elderly. They don't bother me one bit. I figure, they've probably lived through hell and they probably don't feel that good most days. They can't move like they used to. Many are retired and don't feel useful anymore (I imagine that is why so many of the volunteers at the hospital where I work are elderly- one turned 85 this year). As far as I'm concerned, they've earned the right to bitch. In my culture, the elders run the show so I'm used to it.

Wow.

You are a piece of ****. A disgusting, pathetic human being.

You are seriously going to sit there and consolidate such a complex sociological problem that has to do with a history of civil rights issues, the deindustrialization of the US, the decimation of the urban middle class, family histories of alcohol and drug abuse, discrepancies in educational attainment, and so on and so on...

...and just tell me that its all their fault because they are "ghetto."

Or you are just ignorant and don't know what you are talking about.

Which I would hope is the case...

Do realize that you are dehumanizing people.

I'm sorry for making you the brunt of my frustration...but that's just how it goes.

hate the poor for being poor. Great. There goes any chance at trying to make things better. Health care for the healthy sure seems like a great field...

Last edited:
Retail is great. It all depends on personality and how you adapt. I just don't let anything phase me. Customer yelling? I just wait till they're all tired out and repeat the bottom line. Coworker who isn't pulling weight? I tell him or her. Neighborhood stinks? I put a club on my car. But I personally like working with poor populations- the ones a certain poster a few posts above probably couldn't give a rats behind about. Probably because it irks such people the most and because there's a chance to make a major difference with health disparities. (And if you're in a big city, you get a lot of $$$$ too). More challenging.

I have a lot of patience for the elderly. They don't bother me one bit. I figure, they've probably lived through hell and they probably don't feel that good most days. They can't move like they used to. Many are retired and don't feel useful anymore (I imagine that is why so many of the volunteers at the hospital where I work are elderly- one turned 85 this year). As far as I'm concerned, they've earned the right to bitch. In my culture, the elders run the show so I'm used to it.

I like elderly people too. I love to talk to them and here there stories. Unfortunately in retail hell you dont have time to listen and help them.... so working in sun city is not fun for that reason.

I like elderly people too. I love to talk to them and here there stories. Unfortunately in retail hell you dont have time to listen and help them.... so working in sun city is not fun for that reason.

retail pharmacy is A JOKE.

i dont know why anyone would go through schooling to stand there and do the work that can be performed by just about anyone. most people assume pharmacists went to community college in that setting.

is your higher calling in life to stand there and be a bitch to the public and everyone else that comes in? everyone that walks in that door is your boss. you have no respect and you get shat all over by corporate and the patients.

if you have some self-loathing personality or very steep gambling debts, then retail is for you.

Wow.

You are a piece of ****. A disgusting, pathetic human being.

You are seriously going to sit there and consolidate such a complex sociological problem that has to do with a history of civil rights issues, the deindustrialization of the US, the decimation of the urban middle class, family histories of alcohol and drug abuse, discrepancies in educational attainment, and so on and so on...

...and just tell me that its all their fault because they are "ghetto."

Or you are just ignorant and don't know what you are talking about.

Which I would hope is the case...

Do realize that you are dehumanizing people.

I'm sorry for making you the brunt of my frustration...but that's just how it goes.

or maybe I'm not ignorant, maybe you are, or maybe like so many, you rather complain and make excuses instead of just telling them to work and study harder.

Dehumanize people, hard work don't pay? I came from a country where life is cheap, where hard work won't get you anywhere, where the government and much of the social fabric is corrupt. Your so call social problems don't even compare.

This country is an immigrant nation. Like so many immigrants that came before, we came with no money, no connections, barely even speaking the language. Our success came through hard work and hard work alone. This is still a country where if you try hard enough, willing to do whatever it takes, then you can climb out of the ghetto to live the American dream. So whatever faults this country has, it's infinitely more fair than where I came from and most places in the world. Don't make excuses. Unless you are mentally or physically handicapped, then there is nothing you can't overcome by trying harder.

So go on, call me "a piece of ****. A disgusting, pathetic human being." I don't care. I've been called worse when I was wearing 2nd hand, patched up cloths and taunted endlessly by other kids. But I made it, I wonder how many of those kids that taunted me instead of study hard made it.

retail pharmacy is A JOKE.

i dont know why anyone would go through schooling to stand there and do the work that can be performed by just about anyone. most people assume pharmacists went to community college in that setting.

is your higher calling in life to stand there and be a bitch to the public and everyone else that comes in? everyone that walks in that door is your boss. you have no respect and you get shat all over by corporate and the patients.

if you have some self-loathing personality or very steep gambling debts, then retail is for you.

I gotta pay the mortgage and retail pays very well....especially considering it is basically assembly line factory work. A joke? Yeah pretty much.....

I gotta pay the mortgage and retail pays very well....especially considering it is basically assembly line factory work. A joke? Yeah pretty much.....
Retail pays slightly better, but again I feel the need to dispel the rumor that hospital pays so much less. I make less than $1 less per hour in my hospital job than when I float in retail. Just sayin'.

God bless people that work in retail and do it will. I salute you, for realz.

Retail pays slightly better, but again I feel the need to dispel the rumor that hospital pays so much less. I make less than $1 less per hour in my hospital job than when I float in retail. Just sayin'.

God bless people that work in retail and do it will. I salute you, for realz.

Factor in differentials and many hospital positions may pay better...

It's not THAT bad. Bam! Coming from a CVS pharmacist.

End thread.

We don't have shift differential but we have call-back pay. With that I make much more than I would in retail. :thumbup:

Y'all don't work late enough to have shift diff at a CA hospital!
:p

Depends on your personality. You have to enjoy repetitive tasks and staying in a small room for 8 hours a day. Retail is as "job" as a job can get.

Depends on your personality. You have to enjoy repetitive tasks and staying in a small room for 8 hours a day. Retail is as "job" as a job can get.

Huh? Most shifts I know of are far more than 8 hours for retail. Also I don't know what you mean by small room. Maybe this is true for older pharmacies? Plenty of room in every pharmacy I have been in.

My day is hardly repetitive. Part of the reason I left a spot in a nursing service pharmacy was because of how repetitive that was. Retail is different almost every day.

or maybe I'm not ignorant, maybe you are, or maybe like so many, you rather complain and make excuses instead of just telling them to work and study harder.

...blah blah blah...

No, you are just ignorant. Rather than trying to understand the complex nature of this country's poor, you choose to marginalize and dehumanize them.

It really is that simple.

It was easier for you to have made it as a 1.5/2nd generation immigrant than an inner city kid or an Appalachian kid. Statistics have proven this. The reasons, again, are very complex. And it is incredibly pretentious to assume that the solutions to these problems are as easy as claiming some tired bull**** like "hard work will save the day." It's not that simple for those people. I've lived around these people. The reason *I* don't live in a trailer park (oh wait...) anymore is because I am *lucky* more than anything else.

Last edited:
No, you are just ignorant. Rather than trying to understand the complex nature of this country's poor, you choose to marginalize and dehumanize them.

It was easier for you to have made it as a 1.5/2nd generation immigrant than an inner city kid or an Appalachian kid. Statistics have proven this. The reasons, again, are very complex. And it is incredibly pretentious to assume that the solutions to these problems are as easy as claiming some tired bull**** like "hard work will save the day." It's not that simple for those people. I've lived around these people. The reason *I* don't live in a trailer park (oh wait...) anymore is because I am *lucky* more than anything else.

I don't think that's true, I've been busting my hump to climb out of the squalor my family lives in.

Not only am I the first person in my family to go to pharmacy school, I'm the first to graduate college... and go to college whether its a 4 year or 2 year.

Sure we may not be have to deal with racial inequalities or having to live in an actual ghetto, but I come from a very very poor family. I remember not having fuel oil in the winter and going a week without heat. I remember not having money for dinner some nights so we ate saltines and mustard.

I decided a long time ago that I would not live my entire life like that. Since then I have been prepping every aspect of my life to climb out of that, and you know what, I have. It's not that I was overtly lucky, it's not that it was just chance, I helped to make it happen.

No matter what disadvantages you are at, there is always a path out of it. Sometimes it is not apparent, sometimes it is VERY difficult, but there is a path.

Hard work does help, luck isn't everything.

Yeah, sure, you speak as if you know what it is like being a 1st generation immigrant. All my teenage years were in the ghetto so I know what it is like, but you sure don't know what it is like to be an immigrant.

You think we somehow found discovered a secret way to success that is unavailable to everyone else? No. Everyone knows that education and hard work will get you the american dream. The only difference here is that we are willing to suffer and sacrifice almost anything to accomplish it.

The solution IS that simple -- instead of complaining and making excuses on why life sucks, work harder instead. Suck it up!

Some people choose to be heathens and live in squalor; then they complain that "the man" is keeping them down. Then there are those who, no matter how hard they work, they are the unluckiest individuals ever and nothing works out for them. But, above all, this country offers free public education. You can argue all damn day about how this school isn't equal to that school, and these teachers suck and those don't. The bottom line is- you have a choice about the path your life will take. You either choose to work towards success or waste your life away. Yes, social issues are complex. But, if someone is thugging around or smoking meth in their basement, that is their choice. Society doesn't make them do those things. You can only blame society so much.

EDIT: I just realized exactly how Off Topic this thread is becoming...perhaps we should return to talking about the stress of retail?

Last edited:
Yeah, sure, you speak as if you know what it is like being a 1st generation immigrant. All my teenage years were in the ghetto so I know what it is like, but you sure don't know what it is like to be an immigrant.

You think we somehow found discovered a secret way to success that is unavailable to everyone else? No. Everyone knows that education and hard work will get you the american dream. The only difference here is that we are willing to suffer and sacrifice almost anything to accomplish it.

The solution IS that simple -- instead of complaining and making excuses on why life sucks, work harder instead. Suck it up!

Did your parents abuse you?

Were there problems with drug abuse in your community? (and I don't mean locale...I mean the people directly around you..)

Was there a cycle of hopelessness?

Not to mention the fact that some people aren't capable of pharmacy school, anyway. Hard work gives them a job at minimum wage and poverty. It is what it is.

Dude, you seriously DO NOT know what you are talking about. BEcause I have lived this life. There is a difference between being poor and truly living in "the ghetto." Most notable...clearly your parents gave a **** about you and knew how to guide you.

If you grew up around drugs, wayward parents, never being introduced to education, and nobody from the external world particularly gave interest in you, do you honestly think you'd be where you are now?

The answer is...no, probably not.

And these are the people I'm talking about. It is a cycle of hopelessness. If some of these people actually had opportunities that provided them some sort of normal childhood, then they would be pushed towards education, etc, etc.

There is this TV show called The Wire. Go get Season 4 and watch it. It's the closest thing I've ever seen in the media in showing how hopeless it is to grow up like that. Some people really are stuck in a life like that.

Some people choose to be heathens and live in squalor; then they complain that "the man" is keeping them down. Then there are those who, no matter how hard they work, they are the unluckiest individuals ever and nothing works out for them. But, above all, this country offers free public education. You can argue all damn day about how this school isn't equal to that school, and these teachers suck and those don't. The bottom line is- you have a choice about the path your life will take. You either choose to work towards success or waste your life away. Yes, social issues are complex. But, if someone is thugging around or smoking meth in their basement, that is their choice. Society doesn't make them do those things. You can only blame society so much.

EDIT: I just realized exactly how Off Topic this thread is becoming...perhaps we should return to talking about the stress of retail?

I have and always will claim that luck, above all else, decides your fate.

You were born with an IQ over 115. That's luck. No matter how hard you worked...if your IQ was only 90 or 100...you'd never be a pharmacist.

To be successful requires an incredible amount of luck:

1) Lucky enough to be intelligent
2) Lucky enough to have the means to live in a (relatively) free society
3) Lucky enough to have developed a mind conducive to success thanks to the environment that spawned you (sometimes in spite of your surroundings..which is a discounted part of being successful)
4) Lucky enough to have the opportunity to make 1-3 work together.

None of these are "earned" through hard work. They are all given to you. Now a lot of these people you are railing against for being useless do not have access to #1 or #3...and, therefore, no #4. Now, if you have #1-3, and, thus #4 and you are a giant loser...then, yes, whine away on the uselessness of that individual. They really do chose to be useless. But for most people...it's not that easy.

And, further, let's be honest..becoming a pharmacist takes very little "hard work." Memorizing factoids isn't hard. But that's how our society really works. If you are relatively intelligent, you can succeed with little "hard work." The capitalistic system is built upon this idea. Working smart beats working hard. And in reality, thanks to the fact that success in this country depends on your value to a capitalist...any "success" you earn can be fleeting.

I don't necessarily think its fair...but life not being fair is the American way.

I mean, come on...if "hard work" was the ultimate prerequisite for success...people in the military over in the Middle East would be making $45 million a year. But most of them come home and are lucky to be lower middle class.

Was it J Paul Getty who said key to success is

1. Rise Early
2. Work Hard
3. Strike oil

?

+1

To the OP, look into something else. Retail sucks.

+2..to the OP look for a job asap...b/c the more your wait and later on you realize that you don't like pharmacy you would have wasted so much time and money. if you think you can't handle stress of angry customers, reconsider your career choice. I am not trying to scare you but there WILL be many a times where you will have to deal with customers you are inpatient, angry and frustrated and will take their anger out on anyone next to the register. if you can effectively calm them down and communicate in a professional manner w/o getting stressed yourself then you will be fine in retail at least. b/c of the saturation in pharmacy, by the time you would have graduated, you probably wont have the option of choosing target v.s walgreens pharmacy. so you take what u can get and you can't choose the "least stressful" pharmacy store. yes there are other avenues of pharmacy that are not at all like retail...blah blah blah...but note that either you would have to do a residency or the job would be harder to come by vs. retail (i.e FDA position).

I have and always will claim that luck, above all else, decides your fate.

You were born with an IQ over 115. That's luck. No matter how hard you worked...if your IQ was only 90 or 100...you'd never be a pharmacist.

To be successful requires an incredible amount of luck:

1) Lucky enough to be intelligent
2) Lucky enough to have the means to live in a (relatively) free society
3) Lucky enough to have developed a mind conducive to success thanks to the environment that spawned you (sometimes in spite of your surroundings..which is a discounted part of being successful)
4) Lucky enough to have the opportunity to make 1-3 work together.

None of these are "earned" through hard work. They are all given to you. Now a lot of these people you are railing against for being useless do not have access to #1 or #3...and, therefore, no #4. Now, if you have #1-3, and, thus #4 and you are a giant loser...then, yes, whine away on the uselessness of that individual. They really do chose to be useless. But for most people...it's not that easy.

And, further, let's be honest..becoming a pharmacist takes very little "hard work." Memorizing factoids isn't hard. But that's how our society really works. If you are relatively intelligent, you can succeed with little "hard work." The capitalistic system is built upon this idea. Working smart beats working hard. And in reality, thanks to the fact that success in this country depends on your value to a capitalist...any "success" you earn can be fleeting.

I don't necessarily think its fair...but life not being fair is the American way.

I mean, come on...if "hard work" was the ultimate prerequisite for success...people in the military over in the Middle East would be making $45 million a year. But most of them come home and are lucky to be lower middle class.

I agree with this. I think luck has a lot to do with your success, but so does hardwork.

I would say rich people are rich b/c of 70% hardwork and 30% luck. You need both to be successful. If you only have 70% hardwork and no luck then it would really suck. :(

+2..to the OP look for a job asap...b/c the more your wait and later on you realize that you don't like pharmacy you would have wasted so much time and money. if you think you can't handle stress of angry customers, reconsider your career choice. I am not trying to scare you but there WILL be many a times where you will have to deal with customers you are inpatient, angry and frustrated and will take their anger out on anyone next to the register. if you can effectively calm them down and communicate in a professional manner w/o getting stressed yourself then you will be fine in retail at least. b/c of the saturation in pharmacy, by the time you would have graduated, you probably wont have the option of choosing target v.s walgreens pharmacy. so you take what u can get and you can't choose the "least stressful" pharmacy store. yes there are other avenues of pharmacy that are not at all like retail...blah blah blah...but note that either you would have to do a residency or the job would be harder to come by vs. retail (i.e FDA position).

Get out of retail ASAP. I am looking into compounding, mail order or industry. Although I don't know much about industry, I would like to learn about it. It can't be worst than retail! lol....