Iowa State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey everyone! I am a current 1st year at IA State CVM - if any of you have any questions, feel free to message me!

Members don't see this ad.

They just calculated my GPAs 👀 They’re above the minimum posted but I’m still a little stressed about getting past initial academic review

Members don't see this ad :)
They just calculated my GPAs 👀 They’re above the minimum posted but I’m still a little stressed about getting past initial academic review
May I ask, Which types of GPA's do they post on the portal? When did you complete your app? I have not yet seen mine post...are you IS or OOS?

May I ask, Which types of GPA's do they post on the portal? When did you complete your app? I have not yet seen mine post...are you IS or OOS?
They do science prereq and last 45! I’m OOS and submitted 8/18

Edit: They’re all calculated and added manually so I think it just takes a bit for them to go one by one

I emailed them to make sure they got my casper and they got back to me immediately and updated it same day!

They do science prereq and last 45! I’m OOS and submitted 8/18

Edit: They’re all calculated and added manually so I think it just takes a bit for them to go one by one
ok...one more question please; have you completed all prereqs? My portal shows that they are requesting my fall transcripts in January which will have my last pre req requirement....I'm thinking that may be why they have not posted it????

ok...one more question please; have you completed all prereqs? My portal shows that they are requesting my fall transcripts in January which will have my last pre req requirement....I'm thinking that may be why they have not posted it????
My gpas and casper updated and I also have 1 pre-req still in progress with them asking for the transcripts in january! I submitted 8/14!

Does your portal say "in academic review" or in committee review"?
Mine still says in academic review but my GPAs are calculated and they have all my other stuff! (Hope this helps!)

Reactions: 1 users
Does your portal say "in academic review" or in committee review"?
Someone said earlier that it will be in academic review past the deadline because they base the GPA cutoff on the applications they receive so it might not change until Decemberish

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Someone said earlier that it will be in academic review past the deadline because they base the GPA cutoff on the applications they receive so it might not change until Decemberish
Are you saying that if staus goes from academic review to committee review then you've passed a GPA hurdle?

Are you saying that if staus goes from academic review to committee review then you've passed a GPA hurdle?
That is kind of what we were led to believe the last time I applied, from what I saw basically there was a wave of denials that went out after the VMCAS deadline was up and then also over the next few months as they reviewed applications for GPA cutoffs, full completeness. Then if I remember correctly it stayed in that in review status until we got decisions in February.

That is kind of what we were led to believe the last time I applied, from what I saw basically there was a wave of denials that went out after the VMCAS deadline was up and then also over the next few months as they reviewed applications for GPA cutoffs, full completeness. Then if I remember correctly it stayed in that in review status until we got decisions in February.
Oh ok..thanks...good to know...I guess no news is good news for now then.....thank you for sharing info.

This is my second cycle applying, first time applying to ISU OOS! Good luck everyone!

Is anyone else getting emails to make sure everything is submitted? This is the second time I’ve gotten the email within the past couple of days so I just want to make sure it’s going out to all applicants

Is anyone else getting emails to make sure everything is submitted? This is the second time I’ve gotten the email within the past couple of days so I just want to make sure it’s going out to all applicants
I also got both, I think it’s to all of us!

Oh ok..thanks...good to know...I guess no news is good news for now then.....thank you for sharing info.
Current 1st yr student at ISU - no news is good news. If you do have any questions though you can message on the portal and they are normally good at getting back to you! It sometimes takes a bit for them to go through everything and officially update your status page. You generally won't know anything until mid-February - with my class they had to delay decisions by a week or so.

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted on Sept 5th, any else's GPAs still not uploaded on the portal?

I submitted on Sept 5th, any else's GPAs still not uploaded on the portal?
It will take a bit for them to upload GPAs to the portal - they have to go in and do it all individually I believe :)

Do they like recalculate your last 45 and required science when we turn in grades for this semester? Or is it based on what they’ve calculated now

Do they like recalculate your last 45 and required science when we turn in grades for this semester? Or is it based on what they’ve calculated now
yes, they recalculate when they receive fall grades!

this is a stupid question but how and where do you check your gpa status

Your gpa can be found on your supplemental application under the "my status page". There you will find information on your current overall application status, materials you may still need to submit (transcripts), the message board, GPAs, etc.

If it doesn’t show where KF15 just mentioned as an extra header, they may not have populated yet. Iowa enters them manually and I’m unsure if they’ve gotten through all of them

If it doesn’t show where KF15 just mentioned as an extra header, they may not have populated yet. Iowa enters them manually and I’m unsure if they’ve gotten through all of them
Mine isn’t up yet. I submitted 9/8

Ugh... I received my Casper quartile and now I'm not feeling good about this process because they weigh it at 10%. :cryi:

Did anyone elses status change from In academic review to just in review

are your GPAs being displayed? Mine says in academic review and has no GPAs calculated for them yet. Maybe you have just gone to the next stage of their review passed academic!

are your GPAs being displayed? Mine says in academic review and has no GPAs calculated for them yet. Maybe you have just gone to the next stage of their review passed academic!
Yes i've had then displayed for a while! Maybe that would be great!

Ugh... I received my Casper quartile and now I'm not feeling good about this process because they weigh it at 10%. :cryi:
I didn't do too well either, I thought it was terrible, and granted I probably did not prepare how I should have. Thankfully 10% is not much and I've heard people from all quartiles be accepted to ISU!

• Care
I didn't do too well either, I thought it was terrible, and granted I probably did not prepare how I should have. Thankfully 10% is not much and I've heard people from all quartiles be accepted to ISU!
This makes me feel better! Thank you 😭

Mine just says “in review” but they also haven’t calculated the GPA on mine. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Mine just says “in review” but they also haven’t calculated the GPA on mine. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Current 1st year at ISU - I wouldn't worry too much about your status being "in review" or "in academic review" - IA state has to enter everything manually as they go through applications so everyone's statuses vary for a bit. Any updates that you need to know about will be put in your portal in the message part! And if you do happen to have any questions, just message them on the portal - they normally get back to you pretty quickly!

Also, don't worry about your CASPER quartile much. It is such a small part of the application process and my classmates and I all had varying scores! It's not a 'make-or-break' part of your application!

Reactions: 2 users
I’m part of the in review gang now as well! Mine just changed within the last couple of hours. Aaand now we wait till February 🫡

My application status still says none. Hopefully it will change soon!! I also don’t have a GPA displayed yet.

I just got my Casper score and I scored in the 1st percentile. I am so nervous now…I’ve worked as a tech full time for the past three years and do nothing but talk to clients all day and I’m very good at it. Since Iowa doesn’t do interviews I’m very nervous about this affecting my application!

I just got my Casper score and I scored in the 1st percentile. I am so nervous now…I’ve worked as a tech full time for the past three years and do nothing but talk to clients all day and I’m very good at it. Since Iowa doesn’t do interviews I’m very nervous about this affecting my application!
Do your best not to worry about it! I'm a first year at IA state and it is such a small part of your application - your experiences will shine through!

I finally got through "In Academic Review"! I applied September 16th for reference so if they're going in order they may be almost done with this part! And now we wait.