Iowa State c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm probably like 500th on the alt list lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I asked via my messaging system if they received my acceptance of the alternate spot and they said no. So I had to resubmit. So now there is another thing to worry about haha.

I was placed on the alternate list, they said if I respond that I want to remain there, they will send me a ranked number after I accept alternate status. So that’s nice, I have friends on other alternate lists that are not ranked.
When will they tell us our number on the alternate list?

OoS Alternate; surprised I wasn't flat out denied!

Reactions: 1 user
I asked via my messaging system if they received my acceptance of the alternate spot and they said no. So I had to resubmit. So now there is another thing to worry about haha.
I will have to ask them then once I get off the bus, then.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

Are we suppose to get a reply if we send in the alternate form? I sumbitted it but hearing that you had to resubmit yours makes me nervous

Isn’t there a form or something that you need to fill out online to accept the spot? I thought they will automatically confirm that you accept the spot once you submitted the form.

Hey everyone! I was an alternate last year and pull off the wait list. They started pulling off their waitlist late March/early April. Just depends how quickly people accept or deny their positions as they hear from other schools. They went through a huge wait list last year to fill the class so if you’re an alternate I would not loose hope yet!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted OOS. I will be declining my spot as I have just accepted a spot in my IS school, UF.

Reactions: 7 users
FYI today is the Chinese New Year! The year of Dog! So new year new luck everyone!

Accepted OOS!! I'm so happy

Reactions: 12 users
Alternate OOS.will be declining to go to IS

Reactions: 4 users
Alternate OOS! Guys do not lose hope! I think the waitlist is around 150 to 200 people. I was told last year they went into their interview waitlist but don't quote me on this. I am so excited! I like Iowa even better than my in-state!

For current students, when did you get accepted off the waitlist? I am sure the webinar tonight will answer many questions!

Alternate OOS! Guys do not lose hope! I think the waitlist is around 150 to 200 people. I was told last year they went into their interview waitlist but don't quote me on this. I am so excited! I like Iowa even better than my in-state!

For current students, when did you get accepted off the waitlist? I am sure the webinar tonight will answer many questions!
But there is no interview waitlist this year.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

OOS alternate as well! So as some of the OOS accepted students decline admission, will they be sending out acceptances to the alternate list right away? Or will they be waiting until April 3 once the list is sent out?

OOS alternate! Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

I have to assume that if someone declines you will no sooner. I just got this from them on the ISU message system.

We don't give out alternate numbers right away because the list will be extremely dynamic between now and April 3. The number we might give an alternate today would be markedly different from the one on April 3 (that is, it will be a number higher on the list by April 3).

Regards,

Dr. Howard

Reactions: 2 users
I know that the webinars get posted after they are done for others to watch later. Does anyone know where I could find them? I'd like to watch tonight's sometime later but don't know where to check. Thanks!

I know that the webinars get posted after they are done for others to watch later. Does anyone know where I could find them? I'd like to watch tonight's sometime later but don't know where to check. Thanks!
If you go back a few pages (or search through my posts), I linked the interim dean webinar! I think the rest are found in the same YouTube channel.

OOS accepted! :clap: Waiting to hear back from two other schools who aren't asking me to finish OChemII, so this spot very well might become available to the alternate list! :p

We'll upload a recording of tonight's student panel tomorrow before 12:00pm CST. We'll email the link out as well as posting it on youtube.

You know if your alternate form went through when your status changes.

Anyone know if there going to be an open house on campus soon, so that accepted students can visit before making a decision?

the same thing is happening to me; its says "no response" will it take a while for that to be updated or is it automatic?

OOS alternate as well;
Man this waiting game is going to suck!

Jeez has anyone been rejected or is it accept or waitlisted lol

Does anyone know how many people are on the alternate list at this point?

Jeez has anyone been rejected or is it accept or waitlisted lol

Me! Hahaha but it’s okay I was neither expecting nor really banking on getting in. it would’ve been nice but I did get into two other schools and am waiting on a response so I have options fortunately. Congrats to all you accepted/alternate kids proud of you!!

the same thing is happening to me; its says "no response" will it take a while for that to be updated or is it automatic?
We update that manually so it may take a while to change from "no response".

Anyone know if there going to be an open house on campus soon, so that accepted students can visit before making a decision?
There will be one in the spring! Watch your email for an invite coming soon.

OOS alternate as well! So as some of the OOS accepted students decline admission, will they be sending out acceptances to the alternate list right away? Or will they be waiting until April 3 once the list is sent out?
They usually don’t start taking people off the waitlist until after the accept/decline decision date since they won’t know how many seats they need to fill until then. The waitlist has moved a lot in past years, so congrats on making it onto the list! They keep going until all the seats are filled, so that can happen by May or as late as August, just depends on the year.

They usually don’t start taking people off the waitlist until after the accept/decline decision date since they won’t know how many seats they need to fill until then. The waitlist has moved a lot in past years, so congrats on making it onto the list! They keep going until all the seats are filled, so that can happen by May or as late as August, just depends on the year.
You give me hope, EN :love:

OK so someone explain to me what you do if you get told in August? Pray you can up and move and find housing in time? Lol