Invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Height: 6'1''
Weight: 220 lbs
40 yd dash: 4.5 secs
Batting avg: .287 (high school)

Members don't see this ad.

UCSD :love: and BU yesterday. psyched!

Height: 6'1''
Weight: 220 lbs
40 yd dash: 4.5 secs
Batting avg: .287 (high school)

Wow, aside from that pathetic batting average, you sound pretty good. How about you pm me a picture of yourself?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've received interviews from: emory, colorodo, miami, boston u, u southern ca, ucla-north hills, hawaii, & san mateo.

My app is complete except for LORs (2/4) and the dean's letter. I consider myself an avg applicant with step 1 scores slightly below avg, taking step 2 at a later date, 2 hp (psych & medicine) during my 3rd year with the rest passes, & some time off after college. Since most university-based programs grant from 75-100 interviews for an avg of 8-10 positions, I wonder if there is a ratio of "safe" to "realistic" to "out of reach programs" I should prescribe to when choosing programs to interview? Thanks.

American citizen, but International student who got my first interview at SUNY Upstate, Syracuse, with only 2 of 4 LORs. Got rejected by Tufts yesterday with incomplete application. 23 applications pending...

Duke, UNC, WashU, & UT Southwestern so far. Only got around to submitting my app on Sunday...so I'm jealous of some of the invites I see so far...hope I'll hear soon!

received invite to hawaii today. jealous about the UT Southwestern offer. i only have 1 texas offer so far.

Borrowing jjbmsiv's format

USIMG, applying to 44 mostly Midwestern programs. Step 1 230+, CS pass, CK later this or next month, 2 of 4 LoRs in.

1 Program that has not downloaded (Oregon)
1 Program that has only partially downloaded (Las Vegas)
3 Programs e-mailed to say they require CK score and/or ECFMG certificate in time for their deadline to consider app
38 Programs which have downloaded, but no emails
1 Interview! (Roanoke-Salem by snail mail)

Has anyone applied to and heard from the residency program in Austin, TX?

p.s. congrats on the Galveston interview tonyrob..i havent heard from them yet..

I applied to Austin and heard from them earlier this week. I basically applied to all the Texas schools (UTSW, UTSA, UT Galveston, baylor, UT-Houston). Haven't heard anything from baylor/UT-Houston/UTSA. Have you heard anything from those schools (if u applied to them), Mercury?

hi! i havent received an invitation OR rejection from austin yet..i hope that means they havent gotten around to my application yet (wishful thinking? :( )

Anyway, to answer ur question goldennugget..ive applied to Baylor, UT-SA and UT-houston, but not UTSW, although i gather from previous posts that UTSW has started sending invitations. I did call up Baylor (couldnt get thru to UT-houston) who said they were currently looking at applications and so we should hear from them shortly (that was last friday). UT-SA hadnt even downloaded my application until this monday! But I believe they will start sending out their invitations in 3rd or 4th week of october.

Good luck and congrats on the austin interview :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are these all programs you rotated/will rotate through? Do you just list a few programs and hope for interviews??

VCU invite to add to my SUNY-Syracuse. Application just completed (for most programs, still waiting on specific LORs for specific programs). 2 invites, 1 rejection, 22 pending.

hi! i havent received an invitation OR rejection from austin yet..i hope that means they havent gotten around to my application yet (wishful thinking? :( )

Anyway, to answer ur question goldennugget..ive applied to Baylor, UT-SA and UT-houston, but not UTSW, although i gather from previous posts that UTSW has started sending invitations. I did call up Baylor (couldnt get thru to UT-houston) who said they were currently looking at applications and so we should hear from them shortly (that was last friday). UT-SA hadnt even downloaded my application until this monday! But I believe they will start sending out their invitations in 3rd or 4th week of october.

Good luck and congrats on the austin interview :)

i applied to all the texas progs and so far got 2 rejections: UTH and AMEP.

UCSF-Fresno and Boston University. Still haven't heard from any Texas schools except Galveston.

1) do you really think UCSF and Stanford will not interview us if we only have 3 LOR's vs 4?

2) Anyone heard from Brown or do we have to wait till Nov.?

Thanks!
People, start posting if youre reading. then others will post more and it will be helpful when we start interviewing to bounce things off e/o. psych is a small community...

I just got Univ of Pittsbugh. They said they were having an ERAS "crisis" and that they were going to start sending invites next week.

I've been reading this for awhile now so I thought it was time to add mine-

1.Northwestern
2.U Mich
3. BU

Expecting more in the coming week- it looks like quite a few wait until Nov to get the Dean's letter though-

I also received an invitation to interview at Pittsburgh, though they didn't mention anything about an ERAS crisis. I did think it was odd that they emailed me my interview date, rather than have me call to set up a date like all the other interviews I have gotten. Seemed a little arrogant to me, but maybe I am just misinterpreting. Any other programs do this?

I've been lurking here for a while and thought I'd add my info:
Applied to 23 schools- (Just don't want to be SOL). Submitted App early Sept. Have 3 letters in (2 Psych, 1 IM - Waiting onlast letter from Psych- grrr)

Heard from:
Mid September University of Minnesota
UCLA- Kern ( will decline)
UCLA- SFV

On Friday:
Mayo Clinic Rochester

Still waiting on: Pretty much all the Calis chools. Oregon, Texas, and Harvard.

Question: I Know that some people have heard from UCLA harbor, but when I asked them the program said that they wait for the deans letters. HMMM, WTF.

Talked to Stanford, and was told that the first day that they will be meeting about invites would be around 10/16.

Question: I Know that some people have heard from UCLA harbor, but when I asked them the program said that they wait for the deans letters. HMMM, WTF.
-

Yeah, I still haven't heard from UCLA-Harbor either, but a friend of mine also received an invite early September. I'm sure like other programs they have screening criteria that allows for some applicants to receive early invites before the dean's letter is released. Maybe for the remaining applicants in their pool the dean's letter can make or break whether or not they receive an invite. I hope they look at the dean's letter holistically and give credit for improvement throughout the year instead of honing in on low shelf scores despite overall good clinical evaluations ... my case :)

emory notified me they will wait for dean's letter to decide whether or not to offer me an interview

anyone getting anything from nyc area programs? all i've gotten is beth israel....

How did Mt. Sinai contact you? Was it the main program you heard from?

Thanks!

I extactic! I just got an invite to Penn today via email.

How did Mt. Sinai contact you? Was it the main program you heard from?

Thanks!

Yeah, main program. Got both an e-mail and ERAS message.

UC-Davis on Friday. No Harbor for me either...

Sheppard-Pratt invite by email today!

got st vincents (manhattan) and LIJ today ... phew! im up to a total of 3, and while thats not a lot, i certainly feel a little better about life ...

U Washington-Seattle and Cincinnati (submitted late Thursday, heard from UW Monday and Cincinnati Tuesday).

U Wisconsin and Emory waiting until dean's letter to decide on interview offer.

Duke
UNC
UT Southwestern
Wash U
Florida
Colorado
Arizona

Got the last three on Friday & yesterday.

UC-Irvine today:)
ooh, i didnt apply in NY but St Vincents is supposed to be awesome. great location to see lots of inner city and artsy psychopathology! thats where my PD did her training.

hey did you have 4 lor's in?

speak of the devil-just when I say I hit a wall, the wall breaks-adding UCSF and UCI

Arizona
USC
UCLA
UCI
UCSF
Good Sam Phoenix
Maricopa Phoenix

Anyone heard from the DC schools or Brown? When I look @ their website (GW) they state that most of their interviews are scheduled by mid-November. Does that mean they do not wait for the dean's letter? :confused:

I am an USIMG with not the greatest scores (past on the first shot though) and plenty of USCE (psych externship, neurobehavioral observerrship,etc.)

So far I got 13 interviews and my application is almost complete.

Case-Cleveland
OSU-Columbus
UC-Cincinnati
BU-Boston
UMass-Worchester
UW-Madison
UM-Ann Arbor
E.Vir-Norfolk
MUSC-Charleston
UPitt-Pittsburgh

No rejections yet, but haven't heard from:
OHSU-Portland
Rush-Chicago
UIC-Chicago
Cleveland Clinic-Cleveland
NEOUCOM-Akron
Metro-Cleveland

Yeah, I'm kinda anxiously awaiting to hear from Brown as well. I'm guessing that they are waiting for Dean's letters, as a quick skim of other posts doesn't reveal anyone else who has heard from them either.

UCI and UNC this week

Ok. Since I'm always reading where other people are getting interviews and it seems like everyone is doing so great, I guess I have no reason to not post mine...:oops:

Maryland
Hopkins
MUSC
Louisville
UMass
U. of Michigan
Pitt
Indiana U.
Penn
Rochester
Utah
OSU
Mt. Sinai

I also haven't heard from Brown, yet. BTW, I'm applying to far more programs then usual b/c i'm in the couple's match....Makes things a bit more tricky.

has anyone been on an iv yet?? i have only been on 1. so far only got 13 ivs.

has anyone been on an iv yet?? i have only been on 1. so far only got 13 ivs.

ONLY 13? Wow. Good for you. If 13 is an only for you, then cheers.
smiley_beertoast.gif

I only applied to 16 programs, so I'll be very happy when my number is 13.

Received offer from UT Houston via snail mail. They are interviewing on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.

Baylor sends by USPS, also. Has anyone heard from Washington (Seattle/Spokane)?