Invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just a question: I hope I'm not freakin out here, but are most programs nowadays waiting for all letters and dean's letter/transcript before they give out invites?? I see a lot of programs have downloaded my stuff but no response yet. But then again I only sent my app out about 6 days ago.

I think it's very institution dependent. I submitted on tuesday, got first interview at univ of rochester (my home school) on wednesday, USC on friday. And that's been it, though I've applied to 16 programs (I'm aiming broadly to avoid the risk of not matching). OHSU hasn't even downloaded my app yet. Every other program downloaded my stuff within a few days (more or less). My point is that I think maybe 10% are giving out interviews this early, and the rest are waiting for transcripts/deans letters. And you may not have necessarily applied to any of those 10%. Let's all just relax for at least another 3 weeks before freaking out. It's a long road to match day

Members don't see this ad.

I go to Jefferson, and have applied to 11 programs along the East coast. With 3 of 4 LORS in, and clicking the submit button Saturday, I have...

2 Programs that have not downloaded
8 Programs which have downloaded, but no emails
2 Interviews! UMDNJ-RWJ, AEMC (Philly)
1 Rejection.

For those receiving interviews from USC (Trojans), were your applications complete with all lors? Thanks.

i got an invite to USC with only one LoR from IM.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok, i dont get it (and i dont mean to complain-im happy for what i have) but i have gotten 8 interviews some of which are from very competitive programs but i havent heard from what i thought were safeties. maybe i just am not familiar enuf with the programs, but it seems as if everyone on this site has gotten an interview from usc, institute of living and i have heard nothing from them. could the usc thing be b/c im not from cali altho ca is all over my app? i know its too early to freak but it concerns me...:oops:

I posted this already but it is not showing up-for those of you curious-I already got 2 pms accusing me of lying but dont get your panties in a bunch-I got an invite from UCLA only cause I did an elective there last month and the PD met with me and invited me-they have not started sending out invites to the general pool yet

ANyone else feel these threats are a bit obnoxious like "oh look at me and my interviews na na na na na" well anyway I am only posting so poeple applying to the same schools can gage a timeline of when invites went out etc. The first 3 I am sure nobody else is interested in but they were in my state so I thought what the heck.

Good Samaritin Psych. Phoenix
Maricopa Integrated Psych Phoenix
U or Arizona

USC
UCLA

ANyone else feel these threats are a bit obnoxious like "oh look at me and my interviews na na na na na" well anyway I am only posting so poeple applying to the same schools can gage a timeline of when invites went out etc. The first 3 I am sure nobody else is interested in but they were in my state so I thought what the heck.

I'm not sure it's obnoxius(well, maybe a little), but I think it is freaking a few people out, which I'm not a big fan of. I think i've mentioned one or two, but wish i hadn't... :oops:

threaDs ya nut!

Hey, you invited the "analysis" in your user name. :laugh:
So...do you possibly feel threatened by others' posting their lists?
Or perhaps you unconsciously feel that you can threaten us by posting your invitations?
Is it important that one poster's "list" is longer than another's?

Of course it freaks me out! people getting tons of interviews and me not-of course scares me especially at programs I want to go! I am no fool!

Well this is getting interesting.

I've been keeping an eye on the whole Analyzethis feud on sdn (he apparently has a few conflicts with other members, stemming from some fibs previously about being a resident already).

But that was quite the freudian slip he made. OPD called it. Now can we drop all the pissing contests. We could try to make this thread politically correct/conscientious by not talking about which interviews each of us has had. But that would negate the purpose of the thread in the first place. So since people keep reading and writing in it, there's a reason for it, and if it distresses them to see others getting interviews, the only thing to do is not read the thread in the first place.

On the other hand, with all of SDN, you have to take posts with a grain of salt, because there's a more than normal number of people on here that post nothing but BS and do what they can to start feuds. AT might be one, and it's been said previously that he's a hair away from being banned. But I wouldn't be too hard on him yet. From what's easily gleaned of his previous posts, he's not much of one to be jealous of now or ever. Even if he became the richest psychiatrist ever (clearly one of his goals), I'd still not give a rats ass about him. Just as he's now posting about a UCSF supplemental, which is a nice indirect way to enrage those that didn't receive it (I did AT, so suck it). There's no purpose to that thread except to wag it in the face of others- he states no difficulty with the app, just pointing out that he got the supplemental (really just an email with a link to their psych page for further materials- not like a med school secondary). Clearly insecure, that's all. As will be his likely response to this post. Frankly I'm bored wasting time thinking about wastes as AT :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
We could try to make this thread politically correct/conscientious by not talking about which interviews each of us has had. But that would negate the purpose of the thread in the first place. So since people keep reading and writing in it, there's a reason for it, and if it distresses them to see others getting interviews, the only thing to do is not read the thread in the first place.

I admit that it is interesting to see where others are getting interviews, which is why i'm still reading it. ;) But other then that fact and being entertained by AT's posts and OPD's witty responses, what is the purpose of this threat...woops!...I mean threaD? :laugh:

I admit that it is interesting to see where others are getting interviews, which is why i'm still reading it. ;) But other then that fact and being entertained by AT's posts and OPD's witty responses, what is the purpose of this threat...woops!...I mean threaD? :laugh:

Well, if I may be so brazen, I think "it is interesting to see where others are getting interviews." I don't think most posters intend it to be a 'Whose dick is bigger?' contest.

When I started this thread, I had just submitted my app, had no interviews, and was a bit nervous about the fact that my letters wouldn't be in for a while. Quite honestly, I thought I was just starting an infomrative thread that would get people conversing about programs so that we could keep it going as everyone went on interviews (as last year's applicants did)... wasn't trying to worry anyone or have a "biggest dick" contest.

And while I don't think this thread has a "who HAS the biggest d!@&?" winner yet, I think the "who IS the biggest d!@&?" winner has become clear pretty early in the game. :p

Come on, if any of us were really that concerned about APPEARING to have the biggest manhood we would have went into surgery...

Well, if I may be so brazen, I think "it is interesting to see where others are getting interviews." I don't think most posters intend it to be a 'Whose dick is bigger?' contest.

I think you've misinterpreted my response...

Oh Give me a break-posting about UCSFs supplemental was purely out of curiousity-I was at work and got the email but could not access their site for some reason so had no idea what it was-and as I SAID in the post-EVERYONE who applies there gets one-so I was not wagging squat in front of anyone-if you applied you will get the same email as I said-all I was asking was it some kind of pain-like writing a bunch of essays etc like some of the med schools that had their own painful secondaries.

What a dooshbag I tell ya-so many stalkers on SDN it is ridiculous-I could not come across any less of a guy that is tryin gto sound like I am some hot shot-I said clearly I am a totally average applicant and listed some average interivew invites that everyone else has been getting-nothing special man as I ADMITTEd-I SUCK how about that-cause i do i am as average as they come brotha

ok so if you guys know about any of these programs or are interviewing there too, let me know! and dont freak...i applied to a lot of places. i am waiting for california with baited breath :rolleyes:
uconn
uva
u of co
umdnj-newark
uw
hopkins
u miami (JMH)
yale
institute of living
ut-memphis

Let's get back on track with this thread:

I have everything but two LORs and the Deans Letter and Pic. Good luck to everyone!

UCLA-Kern
UCLA San Fernando Valley
San Mateo Medical Center
UC Davis
USC

UT galveston and tufts so far with 1 LOR uploaded.

I'm not sure how this turned into a micturation match, but please keep it slightly cleaner.

Weird that I have to ask this of an interview thread.

Adding UW

UW
U of Arizona
Banner Good Sam Phoenix
UCLA
USC
Maricopa county-phoenix

add
USC Finally!
USF

start posting, voyeurs or im gonna stop...i feel like im writing to myself.
yeah and if anyone is familiar with these programs, please post!

"UCS finally!" that must mean you have some invested intersted orknowledge of the program-and as I posted on another thread-is this school/program any good orwhat? I know nothing about it other than people recognize the name USC but other than that no squat-is this a good program or what? I got an itnerview but debating whether to go-so please help me out and tell me if it is worth the trip down or not?

Rochester
Beth Israel
Emory
Albert Einstein-Montefiore

"UCS finally!" that must mean you have some invested intersted orknowledge of the program-and as I posted on another thread-is this school/program any good orwhat? I know nothing about it other than people recognize the name USC but other than that no squat-is this a good program or what? I got an itnerview but debating whether to go-so please help me out and tell me if it is worth the trip down or not?
ok dont know much and i am from the east coast so...
but what i have found out about USC is that it is a busy program in an inner city area. the teaching is great and it is up and coming. looks like its got all the fellowships too. i think maranatha commented on this as well. people in SD and LA, you must know more!

ok dont know much and i am from the east coast so...
but what i have found out about USC is that it is a busy program in an inner city area. the teaching is great and it is up and coming. looks like its got all the fellowships too. i think maranatha commented on this as well. people in SD and LA, you must know more!

Yes, i started a thread on usc a few weeks ago. the gist of what i've heard is that usc has a new director that should turn the program around, but it still has some issues. Historically, it has not been know to be a strong program (please, no offense to anyone connected to usc, this is just what i've heard!). I have an attending that used to work at UCLA, and this person felt the changes at usc look promising. however, this person felt it was too early for those changes to be benefical for residents...This is only what i've HEARD from a couple of sources and i'm just passing it along. It might turn out to be a great place? Personally, i'm still deciding whether or not to go. I'm still getting good interveiws and may decided it isn't worth the time...:confused:

If someone knows anything different, please let us know!

Personally, i'm still deciding whether or not to go. I'm still getting good interveiws and may decided it isn't worth the time...:confused:

If someone knows anything different, please let us know!

Just to clarify that I "may decide it isn't worth the time" means that i may have enough interviews at programs that I KNOW fit what i'm looking for and are right for my personality, NOT that USC is a waste of time or that i'm too good to interview there...:oops:

i hear ya maranatha. theres only so much time to interview with the holidays and all. im getting a little stressed about it as i am still supposed to be doing required electives etc and trying to get credit to graduate during the interview time and right now at least once a week i have to go somewhere. :confused: i think i applied to too many places...

got Dartmouthinvite today by mail. Awesome personalized letter too from the PD. I'm super psyched about it! NOta Bene: my PS was 1.5 pages maybe more and I am all ready getting good comments on it. Don't fret if yours was 'too long'...

Post where youre getting interviews people!!!!!!let us know if you know anything about these programs. i will do the same. esp about my home program...

interview offers from michigan and yale today.

i hear ya maranatha. theres only so much time to interview with the holidays and all. im getting a little stressed about it as i am still supposed to be doing required electives etc and trying to get credit to graduate during the interview time and right now at least once a week i have to go somewhere. :confused: i think i applied to too many places...

got Dartmouthinvite today by mail. Awesome personalized letter too from the PD. I'm super psyched about it! NOta Bene: my PS was 1.5 pages maybe more and I am all ready getting good comments on it. Don't fret if yours was 'too long'...

Post where youre getting interviews people!!!!!!let us know if you know anything about these programs. i will do the same. esp about my home program...

Yeah, I'm also starting to realize that going to all the interviews i want is going to be a real pain....:(

I've heard that Dartmouth is a great program and has very good clinical training in a friendly environment. :thumbup: The only reason i didn't apply there is because i'm couple's matching and they don't offer a good program for my wife. But i'm curious what you think....Good luck!

Two so far:

Henry Ford
Texas A & M - Scott & White

Greetings to all. Here are my invites so far. If anyone has good info on them, please share. I'll be happy to discuss what I know/have heard about these programs.
Psych: Yale, Hopkins, U of MD/Sheppard Pratt, Univ of Cincinnati, Univ Hosp of Cleveland, Wash U, UNC
Med/Psych: Duke, Medical Univ of S. Carolina

Lloyd,

did you hear about UCDavis starting a med/psych program? It looks like it could be pretty good! I'm still wrapping up their supplemental app...

No, Nitemagi, I did not know that UCDavis was starting a Med/Psych program. Are you applying to their combined program or psych only? Are you applying to any other med/psych programs?

my application for oregon has yet to be downloaded by the program. this is the only program that hasn't done so yet. anyone else encountering this?

my application for oregon has yet to be downloaded by the program. this is the only program that hasn't done so yet. anyone else encountering this?

Not that I have much of a chance at getting an interview there, but ditto.

Lloyd- the only 2 places I'm applying to med/psych currently is Duke and UC Davis. Both Dartmouth and UVirginia shut theirs down.

http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/psychiatry/residency/medpsych/index.html

I spoke about it with a faculty here at UofR who originally co-founded the Duke med/psych program, and she said it's promising, with some obvious caveats (new program and all).

As for the other theme here- OHSU hasn't downloaded my app yet either. They must be waiting. Has anyone here had their app downloaded by them?

Got the yale invite today, though. :)

No ****?!? UVA shut their program down? No wonder they haven't downloaded my application. Could have saved myself 8 bucks. I also applied to Rush in Chicago and the University of Iowa, and they haven't downloaded my stuff yet--do you know if those programs are still in existence?

For those of you getting invites, do you mind posting your stats?