Interviews part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of Dec 10. You?

Members don't see this ad.

uconn

and 8 prelims (why in the world did i use the "first 10 programs at no additional charge" option?)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sleepy,
Thinking Jan 14th.
Good luck with all your invites!

When r u going to UNM, Master?

SUNY Upstate, Syracuse NY, 9/22, via ERAS. My first one!!! YIPEEEE!!!

(Nice, to balance out the rejection from UCONN earlier today. :laugh: )

I got one for SUNY Upstate too for 10/29.
When are you going? Do they provide any hotel/flight?

-MS

hermione said:
SUNY Upstate, Syracuse NY, 9/22, via ERAS. My first one!!! YIPEEEE!!!

(Nice, to balance out the rejection from UCONN earlier today. :laugh: )

mich12580 said:
I got one for SUNY Upstate too for 10/29.
When are you going? Do they provide any hotel/flight?

-MS

Sent you a PM

masteropuppets said:
I wish my school transcripts would come in, as I HOPE the Duke(s), UNC(s), Cornell(s), MGH(s), Standford(s) will come knocking.
Don't you hate when people talk about individual nouns as though they were pleural?

LOL...plural

I wish the big guns would come to play early, but they probably like to let the little fish eat first.

Idiopathic said:
LOL...plural

I wish the big guns would come to play early, but they probably like to let the little fish eat first.

seriously man! i need to see how far I can push back my step 2 date!

FYI, most california programs do not even review apps til Nov1st. I know this for fact about Stanford.

EW1779 said:
FYI, most california programs do not even review apps til Nov1st. I know this for fact about Stanford.

I've heard this about UCSF as well. They haven't even downloaded yet!

I don't know about that. It looks like there are some well known programs (big fish) already granting interviews. With the likes of Penn State, JHU, Florida etc granting interviews there is definately some extremely well respected programs on the hunt early.

Idiopathic said:
LOL...plural

My first one U. New mexico via email. This is without any LORs, transcripts, Dean's letter. (I am a LSU-NO student)

At least I got one.

Members don't see this ad :)
bailey-b said:
I don't know about that. It looks like there are some well known programs (big fish) already granting interviews. With the likes of Penn State, JHU, Florida etc granting interviews there is definately some extremely well respected programs on the hunt early.

True, but with that, I havent heard from anyone in a week or so, and now I have interviews scheduled around the country over the next three months or so...it would be nice to be able to schedule more or rule out the possibility of more in a certain area, logistically speaking.

Of course, i guess no news is always better than bad news.

Did you get an interview from Temple? I just got a generic form letter saying they start to offer interviews in mid to late October?

Columbia today via email.

MGH,JHU,Yale,Dartmouth today via email!!!

just kidding, don't flip out.. :laugh:

Penn State
Utah
OHSU

Form email from Temple saying they'll contact me mid to late Oct.

Columbia 9/23....Finally, my first one! Uptown baby!

SUNY Upstate & Columbia via email.

Where's my MGH and Yale?!?

Got my Columbia and Brooklyn Downstate interview offers today 9/23. Submitted my application 9/7. Totally surprised about the Columbia offer.

Others are Michigan, Rochester, and Stony Brook.

driverabu said:
just kidding, don't flip out.. :laugh:

haha... i bet u got a lot of people doubting themselves... some obnoxious gunners probably already committed suicide b/c they weren't the first to get offer from MGH... I gotta watch out for you, driverabu.

Rochester 9/19
Columbia 9/23

:thumbup:

Here they come!! next week the flood's gonna start for everyone. . .brace yourselves. . . :D

P.S. submitted 9/1

Columbia - 9/23 email invite
SUNY Downstate - 9/23

Others: Stony Brook, U Conn, 1 prelim, 1 Trans

Don't know if we're still listing prelim and TY invites here, but here goes:

Good Samaritan TY program in Phoenix, 9/23 via email

I got the Good Sam TY invite too.

jc237 said:
haha... i bet u got a lot of people doubting themselves... some obnoxious gunners probably already committed suicide b/c they weren't the first to get offer from MGH... I gotta watch out for you, driverabu.

Na, I'm a harmless little IMG, don't worry about me! :)
Congrats on your interviews and good luck!!

i also received an invitation to columbia and suny downstate today.

totally didn't see that columbia invite coming.. especially this early.

kid korea said:
i also received an invitation to columbia and suny downstate today.

totally didn't see that columbia invite coming.. especially this early.

You guys arent making me feel good about Columbia ;)

no oxygen said:
UNC Chapel Hill, 9/23 via email!!

Likewise.... :)
Interesting, they sent me the email at 7:00pm EST.

My first interview of the season...finally..Columbia P&S, NY. Also interview at Maricopa County, Phoenix for transitional med

no oxygen said:
Nice...is Phoenix your hometown?

Yeah..grew up in Phoenix. I kind of want to wait to see if U of AZ is going to offer me an interview before I decide to interview at the TY...we'll see. Maybe I'll just set up a tentative date and change it if I need to.

eagle26 said:
Yeah..grew up in Phoenix. I kind of want to wait to see if U of AZ is going to offer me an interview before I decide to interview at the TY...we'll see. Maybe I'll just set up a tentative date and change it if I need to.

Exactly what I was thinking...the logistics of the scheduling is going to be a major challenge. I've just been scheduling dates for all my interviews hoping I can go back and change them so I'm not criscrossing the nation all winter.

Idiopathic said:
You guys arent making me feel good about Columbia ;)

hang in there man! It will come. It ain't over till the fat lady sings and she ain't even fat yet.

no oxygen said:
Exactly what I was thinking...the logistics of the scheduling is going to be a major challenge. I've just been scheduling dates for all my interviews hoping I can go back and change them so I'm not criscrossing the nation all winter.

Yeah i'm having the same dilemma right now as well.

Yeah, I was totally surprised to get a weekend email. Letter is one thing...

I think this next week is going to be big. Nearly all the programs I applied to have had my app for 3 weeks. I am sure there will be a rush this week , then will settle down some until Nov. 1- for the neurotic people who turned in CAF on the 1st.

Do you think when an applicant is offered an interview is a reflection of the applicants competitiveness. For example if an offer is extended once they get your applciation or if they sit on your application till near november to offer an interview is indicitive on how competitive they view your application?

Med4ever said:
Do you think when an applicant is offered an interview is a reflection of the applicants competitiveness. For example if an offer is extended once they get your applciation or if they sit on your application till near november to offer an interview is indicitive on how competitive they view your application?

Good point, but how do you account for those programs that do not send out invites until after the dean's letter has been released? I am sure they've gotten outstanding applicants and yet they don't send out invites. Stanford comes to mind. They already downloaded apps but I have yet to hear anyone getting an interview there so far.

great question. I think there are a million ways to analyze this though. Early in the process, especially within the first few days after downloading our stuff, offering an interview is probably based solely on board scores- there is no time to read through all the subjective stuff. It would be interesting to correlate these early invites with board scores. We all know SDNers have a mean of 262 for the step 1! For programs that wait for the MSPE, they have plenty of time to review your materials. Also, they may still use the objective data and are just waiting for the MSPE out of tradition or to just confirm you are not an axe murderer (someone who murders axes only!).

Not really worth debating but a question our neurotic minds will analyze til we match!

Status
Not open for further replies.