Interviews part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UT Southwestern via email :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! i'd give you two thumbs up if I could. when did you submit your app?

Members don't see this ad :)
kifaru said:
UT Southwestern via email :thumbup:
What dates did they offer you for interview?

ordinary guy said:
Congrats!! i'd give you two thumbs up if I could. when did you submit your app?

Thanks, submitted 9/5, all my stuff is in except 1 LOR ( I sent 4) and ofcourse Dean's letter.

GasMD said:
What dates did they offer you for interview?

They send you a link to their online recruitment calendar and it has dates available from Nov-Jan for you to choose. I haven't decided on a date yet but I am impressed by their apt-scheduling system.

kifaru said:
They send you a link to their online recruitment calendar and it has dates available from Nov-Jan for you to choose. I haven't decided on a date yet but I am impressed by their apt-scheduling system.
Thanks Kifaru, and congrats and best of luck.

Wish I did hear back from UTSW. Submitted my app on 9/10. Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer. At least I haven't had any outright rejections thus far.

I haven't heard from UTSW either, but as I mentioned in the IMG interview/rejection thread, it's still way too early to worry. The secretaries at my home program actually volunteered to tell me that the process hasn't even begun here. They start sending out invites at the end of the month. Also if you check out last year's interview thread, most of the invites started flooding in last week of Sept/first week of Oct and kept flooding in through the whole month of October.

I'm an interview-less applicant right now. But it's way too early. It takes time to read through applications. Those of you getting interviews now probably have numbers that really stand out, which make for a quick decision. (my numbers are very mundane) As long no rejections come my way for a while, I'm happy. As someone here said, no news can be good news. ;)

Sit tight my friends.

p.s. I submitted 9/1

Received the Medical college of GA form letter saying that they'll let me know my "interview" status later...anyone else?

I don't get this selection process...some great programs offer interviews, some less great programs reject, and middle-of-the-road say "get back to ya later"

Got the MCG email also. It doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling like an invite does, but at least it isn't a rejection, and at least they aren't ignoring me like OHSU obviously is.

Members don't see this ad :)
masteropuppets said:
Received the Medical college of GA form letter saying that they'll let me know my "interview" status later...anyone else?

I don't get this selection process...some great programs offer interviews, some less great programs reject, and middle-of-the-road say "get back to ya later"[/QUOTE

Got the same letter plus an invite from UCONN for prelim med

Interview: Florida

Form letter: UNC, WF, Utah

Not apply: Hopkins, Michigan

masteropuppets said:

I don't get this selection process...some great programs offer interviews, some less great programs reject, and middle-of-the-road say "get back to ya later"

Yup, me2

For those of you who got interview invites from OHSU, how complete were your apps? I know they specifically want 4 letters of rec, one of which should be my the program director.

is Oregon. I think they want 2 letters, a chair letter and a dean's letter. I got an interview w/o the complete app being in.

FREIDA says they want 3 letters at OHSU....did you get that chair letter info from their website or something?

eagle26 said:
For those of you who got interview invites from OHSU, how complete were your apps? I know they specifically want 4 letters of rec, one of which should be my the program director.

I was also referring to Oregon Health Sciences.

My ERAS is essentially complete. I am missing 1-of-my-4 LOR and the photo (and the Dean's letter obviously). As sleepytime said, only 3 LOR are required for this program. I don't know if a chair letter is required (btw - that is the last letter I'm waiting on).

Oregon's website says that they want a letter from the current program director.

To those of you who got interviews from Oregon, did all of you have transcripts in? That's the only thing I am missing, as its being held for my Anes grade last month. I figure I will have more requests once the transcript comes in, hopefully... :scared: :scared: :scared:

Anybody else having trouble getting through to the people at Johns Hopkins? All I get is a voicemail message of some lady coughing !

It's funny though.

I see people are getting interviews at johns hopkins. congrats! I have a friend who applied there for anesth. Is johns hopkins considered a good program? Is it hard to get into that program? Does the program offer a lot of interviews or are they pretty selective? Thanks for your responses.

SleepyTime said:
Anybody else having trouble getting through to the people at Johns Hopkins? All I get is a voicemail message of some lady coughing !

It's funny though.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: The end of that message is pretty funny. I just left them a voicemail.

After calling at various times through the day on multiple days and leaving a couple messages, I only got that goofy voicemail message so I emailed them back and they set me up for the 21st.

Maybe i'll see you there.

Hoping for Decmeber 5th...gonna sched my PE in Philly for the 6th as soon as i hear from JHU. <100 mile drive to Philly, so that will be nice. Maybe the Boston/NYC progs could contact me so I could plan more ;)

Emory (9/19): PD left voice mail
Dartmouth (9/19): email

a good friend of mine who's in medical school (a sr) submitted his application two saturdays ago and now has four interviews. I'm wondering if any of the programs he's interviewing at are good, and if so, what makes them good.

St Louis University
Johns Hopkins
Univ Michigan
Emory University

Thank you for your intelligent opinions in advance

ordinary guy said:
a good friend of mine who's in medical school (a sr) submitted his application two saturdays ago and now has four interviews. I'm wondering if any of the programs he's interviewing at are good, and if so, what makes them good.

St Louis University
Johns Hopkins
Univ Michigan
Emory University

Thank you for your intelligent opinions in advance

They're ALL great programs...top notch. Names speak for themselves.

Got interview invite from U of Rochester today-- 9/19
had submitted on 9/1

ThinkFast007 said:
Got interview invite from U of Rochester today-- 9/19
had submitted on 9/1

Same here. Congrats!

U Rochester 9/19
U Vermont 9/19
Prelim
Norwalk Hospital 9/16
Griffin Hospital 9/19

Emory today 9/19
UAB & SLU last week

So far each have provided hotels - is this standard? Hope so.

aredoubleyou said:
Emory today 9/19
UAB & SLU last week

So far each have provided hotels - is this standard? Hope so.

Same here about the hotels...hope they all do that!

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Here are my invites so far:

1. OU (9/9)
2. UAB (9/12)
3. Michigan (9/14)
4. Florida (9/16)
5. Emory (9/19)
6. Univ. Rochester (9/19)

App submitted 9/8. Still waiting on 2 letters.

Good luck all!

Idiopathic said:
To (sort of) answer my question, Emory hasn't had a DO in the last 4 years.

Nice...

Ok, I submitted EVERYTHING (sans Stpe 2 score in progress) at once on 9/14 or so, and have only gotten an email back from UF saying they received most of my stuff and were waiting to download my LORs (even though they were all available)....

Am I being impatient? Can someone shed some light? How long does it usually take, cause some docs up here are telling me that most programs reply in October (obviously not)... It's amazing some of you have heard back so soon. Anyway, good luck everyone.

Nupe MD

so is it a general rule that step scores and these cut off points that people talk about....is that to basically weed out the first group of people, and select who gets interviewed? and once someone gets an interview, does that mean that everybody starts on the same level and at that point is judged only by the interview? im kinda confused because i've heard many 4th years from my school say that programs only use the usmle scores to weed out the first group and then after that its all about the interview. i have no idea if what i just asked made any sense to anybody....i've been up for like 30 hrs post call. sorry for the rambling..... :sleep: :sleep:

NupeMD2B said:
Ok, I submitted EVERYTHING (sans Stpe 2 score in progress) at once on 9/14 or so, and have only gotten an email back from UF saying they received most of my stuff and were waiting to download my LORs (even though they were all available)....

Am I being impatient? Can someone shed some light? How long does it usually take, cause some docs up here are telling me that most programs reply in October (obviously not)... It's amazing some of you have heard back so soon. Anyway, good luck everyone.

Nupe MD

Well, most of us applied at 9 AM on 9/1, so it makes sense that committees look at groups of applications (1X per week or so?) rather than every app as it comes in. Yours has only been in 6 days. Dont fret.

NupeMD2B said:

Nupe MD

Give it some time...your stuff has only been in for 3 business days. Florida took around six business days to get back to me. The vast majority of programs haven't even started giving out invites yet. From what I gather, the pace should pick up this week with the flood coming next month. Good luck!

MeaCulpa,
Are you from New England? Awesome stats? Haven't gotten my U VT interview, just curious...

The rate at which programs get back to you about interviews varies. A friend of mine applied for anesth on 9/10 and was offered an interview by SLU on 9/12; she added johns hopkins and univ of michigan on 9/14 and was offered an interview at hopkins on 9/16 and univ of michigan on 9/19. I don't know if it was just coincidence that my friend got these interviews so quickly or what. I don't know if this helps or flusters you; i hope the former. Good luck!

Thanks for responding guys. I'm an Aries so patience is truly a virtue I strive to attain every day. I'm just bored having finished school earlier this month. I'm anxious. Maybe I'll go prepare for that round of golf by using a balled up copy of the rejection email from UF I got today.

Anyway, good luck to all. :thumbup:

DrDre' said:
MeaCulpa,
Are you from New England? Awesome stats? Haven't gotten my U VT interview, just curious...

Also wondering about U VT, how were you contacted? Email, phone, mail? (Just so I know which route to obsessively check on all day long...) :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.