Interviews part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First invite for me:

(9/20): University of Rochester :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

University of Rochester: 9/20

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like programs are going in waves about qweek. They probably look at applications in batches.

SUNY Stony Brook U - 9/20 via email

Today: UT-San Antonio via email, U of Florida by email
Last week: Hopkins, Alabama, Utah

no one loves me :(

Soon2BENT said:
no one loves me :(

Relax. In this process you need to be patient. I only have invites to my med prelim but no gas programs yet. The process is slow and as many have mentioned, some programs don't get the ball rolling until october. So relax and let the chips fall where they may.

Members don't see this ad :)
The email actually said do you really want an interview? If so email us back, which I do and did. But I haven't heard back w/dates...Has anyone?

Invites so far:

Oklahoma, SLU, AUB, Maryland

Form letters from:

UNC, WF, UF

Mayo-Jax still hasn't even downloaded anything. Anyone had their's done? Everyone else had at least downloaded all or parts.

Submitted on 9/8, first letter arrived on 9/12, still waiting on 3 other letters.

About to leave town due to Rita. I feel bad for all the NO evacuees, bad luck seems to follow 'em around.

Later.

toughlife said:
Relax. In this process you need to be patient. I only have invites to my med prelim but no gas programs yet. The process is slow and as many have mentioned, some programs don't get the ball rolling until october. So relax and let the chips fall where they may.

I was totally kidding around. It's hard sometimes to look at this board and see places I've applied to handing out interviews. It makes me wonder about my personal statement because I think that's my only potential flaw. Oh well, someone will love me!

My prayers (and I hope everyone elses) go out to Cloud9 and everyone else in the TX and LA area. I have a friend in Houston and I'm worried about her. I also know a hottie attending at UT-Houston and I'm worried about her too.

I have a friend who applied to wayne state university anesthesia program. How would you say that program compares to say st louis university or university of michigan, or johns hopkins? btw what are considered top tier anesth programs?

Wisemen,

Have not set my app in yet. Thought I was going to do IM, but decided last minute to switch to gas (gut feeling). No LOR from gas attending. Average scores. Thought I would just send an app out to gas programs and hope to win the lottery of sorts.

Any chance at all to match ANYWHERE? Send me to alaska, i'll pack my long johns.

Thanks

Crazy808 said:
Wisemen,

Have not set my app in yet. Thought I was going to do IM, but decided last minute to switch to gas (gut feeling). No LOR from gas attending. Average scores. Thought I would just send an app out to gas programs and hope to win the lottery of sorts.

Any chance at all to match ANYWHERE? Send me to alaska, i'll pack my long johns.

Thanks

Personally, I think anything is possible. We had a student at our school last year match in Anesthesia without doing an anesthesiology rotation. Having said that, again, in my opinion, I think as long as you letters say you're hardworking, smart, and a good person to work with, someone should match you. Plus, not all programs fill, so the scramble is also out there, but lets not go there. I'm with you and hoping for you because picking a career is hard and I'm still jumbling three thoughts in my head. Thank God for the intern year, I guess :rolleyes:

Univ of Maryland-9/21 email my first invite :)
Still waiting on Emory, Hopkins :confused:
Think I'll add some more programs :cool:

ordinary guy said:
I have a friend who applied to wayne state university anesthesia program. How would you say that program compares to say st louis university or university of michigan, or johns hopkins? btw what are considered top tier anesth programs?

You sure are doing a lot of asking for this "friend" of yours. ;)

chicamedica said:
You sure are doing a lot of asking for this "friend" of yours. ;)

you voiced my thoughts Chicamedica
What's the deal ordinary guy?
Is it you or isn't it you :cool:

ERAS submitted 9/12

9/13 Winthrop prelim med
9/15 Flushing General Hospital - Transitional
9/20 SUNY Stony Brook - Anesthesia

Those of you who have received interviews from Utah, what have you turned into ERAS? (LOR's transcript, etc..)

Johns Hopkins 9/14
U of Michigan 9/14
U of Texas San Antonio 9/20

I am still waiting for a couple of LOR's and my school to submit my transcript!

gasrow said:
Johns Hopkins 9/14
U of Michigan 9/14
U of Texas San Antonio 9/20

I am still waiting for a couple of LOR's and my school to submit my transcript!

To all those who have received interviews at San Antonio. I was reading through their website and they mention that 3 passport size photos are to be attached to the application. I thought we only had to send one photo to ERAS?? Did everybody who applied to SA really send 3 photos or does this only apply to people applying outside of the match for CA1 positions!?!? :confused:

Gasrow,
I got an interview from UU.
I am very fortunate to have my entire file complete with the exception of the MSPE.

Good luck!

Thanks for the information about Utah DrDre. I will hopefully have my file complete at the end of this week minus my Dean's letter.

Driverabu, I only sent San Antonio my ERAS.

gasrow said:
Driverabu, I only sent San Antonio my ERAS.

Cool. Thanks and congrats!!

patau13 said:
The email actually said do you really want an interview? If so email us back, which I do and did. But I haven't heard back w/dates...Has anyone?

I ended up just calling OHSU to schedule. They were very nice and accommodating on the phone.

Good Luck.

hey, i got an invite from rochester too! :)

hey, i got an invite from rochester too! :) first one!

Any idea what OHSU is looking for? Step one above 240? MD v. DO ? I don't know anyone who is a resident there or who even rotated there.

The only person i know to have matched at OHSU was AOA and had good board scores. MD. That's not me, we'll see.

Baystate 9/22

Recieved an invitation for the University of Utah today (9/22). :)

Penn State 9/22

I'm wondering if there are unspoken regional preferences. I've applied to a few schools on the west but haven't heard from any of them except UU telling me my app was incomplete and they'll contact me by email. Any thoughts?

9/22: Univ. of New Mexico via email.

So far, UAB, UF, UNM, JHU, UU, and UTSA.

I wish my school transcripts would come in, as I HOPE the Duke(s), UNC(s), Cornell(s), MGH(s), Standford(s) will come knocking.
Don't you hate when people talk about individual nouns as though they were pleural?

Were Penn State and Baystate via email?

Univ New Mex 9/22
Penn State 9/22

So Far: Johns Hopkins, Michigan, UNM, Penn State, U Florida

U Conn 9/22 via email.

Yeah, both Baystate and Penn State were via email. Actually saw it on my ERAS first since my email server tends to be a bit slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.