Interviews for 2010!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone! (I'm new to sdn).

Bchsde, I have an interview w/ Barry next month. I heard back from them roughly 3 or so weeks after submitting my app. Hopefully this timeline provides you with some insight.

Members don't see this ad.

Just logged into the applicant portal for Midwestern and was able to schedule an interview at AZPOD...

Just got my DMU interview invite....The process went really quick, I submitted my application on Sept 24. Has anyone else picked an interview day yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone with interviews!

Last edited:
So excited that I just set up two interviews for Ohio and Des Moines..anyone going to be at Des Moines on Oct 22 or Ohio on Oct 29??

congrats huskie!

I really want to go to TUSPM! Would you mind posting your stats and whether or not you took time off from undergrad ?

cgpa: 3.3
sgpa: 3.3
MCAT: 28O
I graduated undergrad in 09, I have been working in research for the last year and half

Hey everyone!
Had my Barry interview on the 11th and will be receiving a phone call later this week. :xf:

I have a couple other interviews lined up - anyone interviewing at ocpm on 10/15, or dr scholl's 10/28? :)

I was accepted at NYCPM and Barry...have my interview at DMU next week!

When did you interview at both? Also, how were you notified?

Members don't see this ad :)
what are your chances of getting accepted when you get an interview?:confused:

I have already been accepted to Barry!! And I have interviews with Temple and NYCPM the 25th and 27th. Barry took 4 days to call me back with an answer, can I expect pretty much the same from the other schools?

I have already been accepted to Barry!! And I have interviews with Temple and NYCPM the 25th and 27th. Barry took 4 days to call me back with an answer, can I expect pretty much the same from the other schools?

Part of it depends when the school makes their decision. Some adcoms meet that day, some meet on specific days (ex. second Friday of each month). So it completely depends on their schedule.

Good luck, everyone!

Stats were
cGPA - 3.43
SGPA - 3.27
MCAT - 31N

Got invites to interview at Barry, DMU, NYCPM and AZPod. The one I'm still waiting on is Scholl. I think I'll be going to DMU and AZPod early next month, and will schedule the others later in case I get accepted at my first choices. I want to see what all the schools have to offer, but I can't really afford all those plane tickets.

Good luck to everyone with your interviews, and congratulations! Maybe I'll meet some of you at an interview.

I just got 2 e-mails inviting me to interview at Temple and NYCPM! :) I need to set them up still, but I'm very excited!

Last edited:
Invited Today at NYCPM!! I have to pick a date! so excited!!!:laugh::oops::D:eek:

I just received an invite from Temple!
Woooo!!! so excited!!

for those who are curious as to how long it took..
all LORs were in by mid september
submitted application on 10/3/10
transcripts received on 10/9/10
transcripts verified on 10/15/10
first interview invite on 10/19/10

I've been given 5 interview invites so far :) Temple, NYCPM, OCPM, Barry, and Des Moines. I'm really excited, can't wait to set them all up!

Yes, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Edit: Got an invite from Scholl the other day, I will be interviewing with them on November 18

Last edited:
I got a call from Barry yesterday for an interview!
They said they were going to send me an official interview packet to my email by the end of the week, but i havent received it yet.

does anyone know what days they do interviews on??

i am very anxious.. barry is my top choice.. a;sldgyapwiuoejmawoiufkschjn.. freaking out. woo! :soexcited:

does anyone know what days they do interviews on??

I believe Monday's and Friday's. We had some students getting the tour this past Monday in fact. :) You can always call Amy in admissions if you want a concrete answer.

thanks! i am going to try to just wait for the email to come...as hard as that will be for me.. haha

hopefully i can get in by the first week in november..lol.. that may be too soon.. idk.. im going to try haha

Looks like it's DMU on November 19th, Scholl on November 30th, Barry on December 17th, and because there wasn't an interview date I could make to Midwestern, that'll just have to come after these are all done.

Anyone else making these days? Are interviews to DMU/Scholl pretty intense?

I wouldn't call the Scholl interview intense. They made a huge effort to keep it as stress free as possible. Nerves were the biggest issue. Just remember that you being tested on you, so there shouldn't be any problems. The one thing I would recommend is a full night sleep. I had to finish a paper the night before and that made it hard to stay concentrated all day. As for DMU, I wouldn't know. I choose to cancel my interview.

super excited.. got an interview with ocpm but got a rejection from temple. Nonetheless, I am excited for OCPM. Anyone going to be there on 11/19?:D

i now have interviews with barry, temple, ocpm, and azpod.

barry is next monday!!
i am think i am going to scheduled ocpm for mid december that way i have time to hear back from barry..and if i dont hear back from barry quickly enough i guess i will go to temple and azpod too.. idk.. so excited. whoop whoop!

iDanny- did you actually interview at temple.. or did they not even send an invite?

Hi Everyone, I am in need of major advice!! I am a pre-med student considering podiatry now. First of all, I have my MCAT score but no GRE or etc. I want to know if I can get in somewhere if I apply now (finish apps by mid november?).

Here are my stats:

undergrad GPA: 3.25 Bio major (science 2.98) (4.0 in 12 post-bac hours)
Grad GPA: 3.7 (master's in medical sciences)
MCAT: 30Q (made same score both times i took it)

Also, what is the best podiatry school in the nation or maybe the top 5 schools? Would I have a chance at any of them?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge. I appreciate the help in advance.

i would say you are pretty much in any school you apply to.

i dont think the schools are ranked...

you need to shadow a podiatrist asap so you can get your LOR (its required for admission)

also, you only need the mcat score..not the gre or anything else

hope that helps

oh.. one more thing..

pants suit or skirt suit for women?? i cant decide...

Officially interviewing with CSPM on December 8 :) Who's with me?

Yes this was very helpful. thanks for the info!

i would say you are pretty much in any school you apply to.

i dont think the schools are ranked...

you need to shadow a podiatrist asap so you can get your LOR (its required for admission)

also, you only need the mcat score..not the gre or anything else

hope that helps

Got my app submitted last week, applying to 6 schools including nycpm's summer admissions. Had my transcripts sent of about 2 weeks ago and everything was verified w/in about 3 days. Just got an interview from NYCPM for this month! :)

Got an interview for NYCPM (jan. start) and Temple later this month.

excited! got an email from Barry for an interview. Did you guys send in your LOR before the interview?

i just submitted a few days ago and am now verified.

for those of you with scholl interviews, how long did it take for them to contact you after you were verifed?

It took Scholl just over a week to contact me.

Once you receive an interview what are your chances of yet admissions?

It is my understanding that once you have an interview, your chances are pretty good. I think most schools interview 2-3 people for every spot in the class and with that you have to take in to account people who get accepted, but do not matriculate.

So happy! I have 7 interviews! I haven't heard anything back yet from AZpod or Western. I somehow have all 7 of these interviews mashed into one month. It's going to be a trip!
November 12 = OCPM
November 15 = DMU
November 18 = Scholl
November 22 = Barry
November 29 = Temple
December 1 = NYCPM
December 8 = CSPM

Anyone interviewing on the same date?

Last edited:
but won't you say with about 1000 people applying for 700 spots that if you get an interview you practically accepted?>

Hi! I have an NYCPM interview this Wednesday (11/10)! I'm definitely excited, but i'm a little freaked about about the location. Does anyone else have an interview on that date?

Accepted at TUSPM today

Very good!! What did you like about it? I interview there soon ... mind telling me what sorts of things they asked? What to brush up on? I hear some interviews are laid back and some try to throw you off. Congrats again.

So happy! I have 7 interviews! I haven't heard anything back yet from AZpod or Western. I somehow have all 7 of these interviews mashed into one month. It's going to be a trip!
November 12 = OCPM
November 15 = DMU
November 18 = Scholl
November 22 = Barry
November 29 = Temple
December 1 = NYCPM
December 8 = CSPM

Anyone interviewing on the same date?

I'm interviewing at DMU on the 15th! I have no idea who you are and just started using SDN but we should create a secret form of communication to identify ourselves at the interview. I'll fake sneeze at 9:25 am? You wipe your shoes off for exactly 12 seconds upon entry to the room? Ha good luck.

but won't you say with about 1000 people applying for 700 spots that if you get an interview you practically accepted?