Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nowehjose

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview at Kent and Temple, waiting on NYCPM. So, does Kent not offer travel? Temple offers hotel, but nothing from Kent. I can drive to Temple, but Ohio is a 8hr drive. Anyone have experience with Kent?

Members don't see this ad.

Kent offers a variety of discounted rates for hotels around the school, I believe most have complimentary shuttles to and from the airport as well as to the school. They should have sent you a link with this information.

Yeah, I just got it. I'm just going to stay at a cheap motel 6 and drive. I have a dependable car, so not worried.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview at Kent and Temple, waiting on NYCPM. So, does Kent not offer travel? Temple offers hotel, but nothing from Kent. I can drive to Temple, but Ohio is a 8hr drive. Anyone have experience with Kent?
Congrats on your interview with Kent!!! I am an incoming student to KSUCPM and interviewed back in Feb!!!! Let me know if you have any questions & be sure to check out the Interview Feedback on this forum. Good luck!

Thanks, It's gonna be a crazy week! Mcat 31st, Tour of Temple April 1st, Temple interview the 3rd, and Kent State the 7th. Thanks amigos!

Did you get these II without a MCAT score on file?

It's gatta be his GPA. They figure that if he has a 3.5 GPA then he's probably getting at least a 495+. With my stats they'd probably wait for the Mcat score.

Thanks, It's gonna be a crazy week! Mcat 31st, Tour of Temple April 1st, Temple interview the 3rd, and Kent State the 7th. Thanks amigos!

Do you have your letters of recommendations in already? Do you have one from a professor because I'm having trouble finding a professor. I've been out of school for a couple of years and my class sizes were HUGE so no professor will remember me. I think I'll just get one letter from a DPM and one from a another doctor/mentor of sorts. I'm curious if a school would reject me because I don't have a letter from a professor.

Did you get these II without a MCAT score on file?

Do you have your letters of recommendations in already? Do you have one from a professor because I'm having trouble finding a professor. I've been out of school for a couple of years and my class sizes were HUGE so no professor will remember me. I think I'll just get one letter from a DPM and one from a another doctor/mentor of sorts. I'm curious if a school would reject me because I don't have a letter from a professor.

Yes, I have 2/3 academic letters(One cant work interfolio) of recommendation in and my podiatrist will send one in April(family stuff but I informed both schools). Only Kent and NYCPM(I assume Temple is same) said they cannot admit without a MCAT to view. NYCPM didn't give me an interview date, but I know their staff the most(I went to 2 of their open houses and spoke to admissions director several times).

I go to Stony Brook University and am a Biochemistry major, so we have about 60% of our 16k UG's are bio, psych or other science majors. My smallest biology class was 120 students(biochem 2). I asked my orgo professor(A) whom I barely knew, my Pchem professor(I just told her my story and she asked for a resume), and my Genetics/lower level professor(A's in both his classes). Just filling you in my Fresh, Soph classes averaged 500 students and my orgo was 600.

I work full time and go to school, I explained I go to them asking because I got an A in their class. I only went to pchems office hours. I don't think all 3 of my academic letters are solid, I feel my Pchem professor will help me more.

Yes, I have 2/3 academic letters(One cant work interfolio) of recommendation in and my podiatrist will send one in April(family stuff but I informed both schools). Only Kent and NYCPM(I assume Temple is same) said they cannot admit without a MCAT to view. NYCPM didn't give me an interview date, but I know their staff the most(I went to 2 of their open houses and spoke to admissions director several times).

I go to Stony Brook University and am a Biochemistry major, so we have about 60% of our 16k UG's are bio, psych or other science majors. My smallest biology class was 120 students(biochem 2). I asked my orgo professor(A) whom I barely knew, my Pchem professor(I just told her my story and she asked for a resume), and my Genetics/lower level professor(A's in both his classes). Just filling you in my Fresh, Soph classes averaged 500 students and my orgo was 600.

I work full time and go to school, I explained I go to them asking because I got an A in their class. I only went to pchems office hours. I don't think all 3 of my academic letters are solid, I feel my Pchem professor will help me more.
Consider sending resume as well as short synopsis of extenuating circumstances/hardship to better get them to represent you.

Thanks for the info. I'm just curious if schools will accept students without any academic letters of recommendation.

Hm... it seems the only thing they can say is student "Nowehjose" got an A in my class. You should have gotten a little closer with them. But nonetheless, take your chances.

Good luck with the interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
Hm... it seems the only thing they can say is student "Nowehjose" got an A in my class. You should have gotten a little closer with them. But nonetheless, take your chances.

Good luck with the interviews
That's all they need to say. Most professors at my undergrad told us if we got an A to write our own letter and they would sign it. There were a few that made the TA write it and then they would sign it. There is no way a professor wants to get to know every good student in a huge class. It's just the way it is.

Consider sending resume as well as short synopsis of extenuating circumstances/hardship to better get them to represent you.
Yeah, my pchem professor is my solid rec.. I do wish I had a better connection with them, but to be honest I'm not going to office hours if I have a 95 avg.

I'm preparing for my interviews and have a few questions:

Is it necessary to take a notepad into the interview?

Should I wear a suit, or is a blazer with slacks and a blouse fine?

What's more appropriate heels or flats?

Please let me know if there is anything I should take note of, or any advice you can give. My first interview is CSPM then Kent State, both are in the coming week.

Please let me know if there is anything I should take note of, or any advice you can give. My first interview is CSPM then Kent State, both are in the coming week.

Notepad not necessary but they won't penalize you for having one out. They gave us a lot of information packets and hangouts.

One of the female interviewees I was with wore a nice top and pretty blouse. Either or should be fine as long as it is professional.

Did not remember if the female interviewee wore flats or heels but there is a lot of walking involved and you will be on your feet for a large majority of the day.
I slipped insoles into my dress shoes and they were a godsend.

Notepad not necessary but they won't penalize you for having one out. They gave us a lot of information packets and hangouts.

One of the female interviewees I was with wore a nice top and pretty blouse. Either or should be fine as long as it is professional.

Did not remember if the female interviewee wore flats or heels but there is a lot of walking involved and you will be on your feet for a large majority of the day.
I slipped insoles into my dress shoes and they were a godsend.
If you ever need some comfy dress shoes for walking around school or a job I highly recommend Nunn Bush shoes. I wore them around Boston for my schooling stuff and they were great/pretty durable, and aren't pricey either.

Is it necessary to take a notepad into the interview? Not necessary, KSUCPM will have a large packet with a ton of info inside.

Should I wear a suit, or is a blazer with slacks and a blouse fine? As long as it looks professional, clean, and fits well either will be fine.

What's more appropriate heels or flats? The young lady who interviewed with my group had on low heels. There is quite a bit of walking at Kent.

Can't speak for CSPM, however, I did interview with Kent, accepted, and will be attending. Honestly, just be yourself and normal. They just want to make sure that you're a normal functioning person! I had a blast and loved it!!! Be sure to check out the interview feedback section. Podiatry Interview Feedback List | Student Doctor Network

Last edited:
Kent asked me about a W and the retake this semester, they were tougher on grades and I have a 3.5..

Is it necessary to take a notepad into the interview? Not necessary, KSUCPM will have a large packet with a ton of info inside.

Should I wear a suit, or is a blazer with slacks and a blouse fine? As long as it looks professional, clean, and fits well either will be fine.

What's more appropriate heels or flats? The young lady who interviewed with my group had on low heels. There is quite a bit of walking at Kent.

Can't speak for CSPM, however, I did interview with Kent, accepted, and will be attending. Honestly, just be yourself and normal. They just want to make sure that you're a normal functioning person! I had a blast and loved it!!! Be sure to check out the interview feedback section. Podiatry Interview Feedback List | Student Doctor Network

Same rules applied to CSPM. I had 4 other male applicants with me so not sure what the ladies wore.

Female interviewee here! I wore a blouse, slacks, and a blazer to all my interviews. You don't have to wear a full blown suit if you don't want to.

All of my interviews involved a good amount of walking around campus. If you're not used to walking in heels, I'd play it safe and stick to flats. I can only stand in heels for about 2-3 hours, so I opted for flats!

I like the feedback that you are giving one another. I moved all the interview questions to this thread to keep everything on the topic in one place.