Interviews for 2010!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They marked one of my transcripts as received today the 18th!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Second RATM's Question, Any GPA's verified yet?

This is ridiculous. Transcripts marked for over 2 weeks now and still no GPA or package mailed date.

Did you guys also put your future spring classes that aren't on your transcript? I included those to show what classes I will be taking in the spring... hopefully they won't be sending mine back because of that... eek.

Got a phone call from Temple today...but AACPMAS still looks the same. WTF?

Interview invite or just a phone call?

When will our GPA's pop? I feel like its been forever!

Just a call letting me know my application was in review...but nothing will be final until AACPMAS verifies everything. Mr. Martin said maybe another week.

Members don't see this ad :)
another week till the GPA goes up?? It feels like it has been forever.

I got a call about a Temple interview yesterday

Do you have a GPA on AACPMAS? I though you had to have a verified app for an interview?

When did you send in your application, UVAallday?

Hey yea my gpa was up on the day that I received the interview. I submitted my application on August 8th give or take a day.

What dates were you transcripts marked as recieved?

Congrats :)!

Just got my invitation for an interview at Temple....GPA also became available today!!:)

thanks, my transcripts arrived on August 18th

same :) good day :) what are you all planning to schedule interviews?

Do you guys also have your MCAT scores? My GPAs have been up for two days now... still no calls. But I'm waiting for my MCAT score which I will receive next Tuesday. I'm hoping that's why I still haven't heard anything.

Okay. Thanks for the response and congrats on the interview!!! That is awesome!

good luck to you guys! let us know how the interview went and what your thoughts are on it. :thumbup:

has anyone heard from ocpm

What what I hear, OCPM does not call. They send the interview package through the regular mail. They interview a lot of people and have a huge class size. A friend of mine last year got their interview pack, which gives info on the doubletree hotel and which days you can choose to interview from.

Last edited:
I know this is bordering on neurotic and that I'm thinking too much into this...(and if you knew me, you would know I used to hate the people who acted like this:D)

For a borderline applicant this early in the application season, is an invitation to interview a decent shot of being accepted?

I'm interviewing at Temple and NYCPM in the next few weeks, and wanted to know if its one of those things where they interview everyone and take their pick of the litter, or if an interview is a decent shot at an eventual acceptance...I know this is what I want to do with my life, and couldn't be more excited to even get the opportunity to visit schools.

Sorry for being crazy, please bear with me:rolleyes:

- what do you mean by borderline applicant? Yes, interview this early is a good sign for acceptance - it is in your hands now.

Hey guys-

Does anybody know where I can find some legit matriculation stats for NYCPM (just got an interview)? I keep finding contradicting results =/

Thanks!

Hey guys-

Does anybody know where I can find some legit matriculation stats for NYCPM (just got an interview)? I keep finding contradicting results =/

Thanks!

The profile of the average incoming first year student includes a 3.3 GPA and an overall MCAT score of 23. To be most competitive, you should possess a science and overall GPA over 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. It is recommended that candidates with less than a 2.75 grade point average consult the Office of Admissions prior to applying.

as per their admissions website. This would be the lowest the stats could be because the stats have been improving in the last few years and I am unsure of when these were updated.

received email from OCPM to acknowledge the receipt of verified transcripts and also mentions that they sent a packet with info on discounted lodging, and advice for successful scheduling of a formal campus visit and personal interview.

I need help, PLEASE!

I have a 3.2 science, 3.8 non science and 3.3 overall. i had been scoring 20-23 on the MCAT Kaplan and AAMC with an average of 22. I just got my results back and got a horrific 17. I don't know where to go from here? I really really really want to get into podiatry school. This has been my dream for four years now. I have a ton of shadowing hours, I am a varsity collegiate athlete and I have everything else they need on my app besides this score. I am obviously still in shock and super upset as this is far off from any score I've received. My question to you is what do I do now? I have one interview already, but I'm ashamed to go with a 17. What now?

If anyone has advice, please do share.

The profile of the average incoming first year student includes a 3.3 GPA and an overall MCAT score of 23. To be most competitive, you should possess a science and overall GPA over 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. It is recommended that candidates with less than a 2.75 grade point average consult the Office of Admissions prior to applying.

as per their admissions website. This would be the lowest the stats could be because the stats have been improving in the last few years and I am unsure of when these were updated.

Yeah, i saw that, i meant more along the lines of how many people applied, % M or F, how many granted interviews, etc

- I got an interview at CSPM today and Western
Hey itsWiggles, when were your transcripts recorded as received? Also, how long did it take to verify your GPA and send our your scores from when the transcripts were posted? It seems like it is taking awhile for them to get to mine and I had my application in the day it opened and my transcripts sent out that same week.

bchsde - apply NOW. your GPA is above average and will hopefully aid in the lower MCAT. With that said I would take the test again in January just in case you did not get an interview/acceptance at that point. GL

got an interview at CSPM today

bchsde: i would say retake the mcat, your score is way below the average , and your gpa is average ,
good luck:luck:

Yeah, I will be re-taking most likely in January. What do I do as of now though? Do I call the schools individually and let them know I will be re-taking? Did anyone else score low their first time and improve by 3-4 points??

Hey bchsde,

I know how it feels to be uncertain about your future after 4 years of blood and sweat in undergrad. Based on MY personal interview experience and some of my classmate's stats. I feel like your stats can get you into 1-2 schools right now. However, if you retake your mcat and score 3-5 points it can open ALMOST all doors. It depends on what you are looking for in a pod school. G' luck and feel free to ask any more questions.

Anyone going to CSPM interview of October 15th? I'm traveling from East coast. Anyone getting there early on the 14th and want to explore the city with me.