Interviews, 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:thumbdown: EmOrY

Members don't see this ad.

lilybriscoe said:
Yay! Me, too, U Maryland. Maybe I'll see you there, Cat85.
Lilybriscoe, do you know what dates they are offering?
Thanks.

OCT said:
Lilybriscoe, do you know what dates they are offering?
Thanks.

11/29
11/30
12/2
12/5
12/8

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,

can anyone change my dec. 16 for their dec. 15 for bascom?

thanks and best of luck everyone

benit100 said:
I haven't gotten an e-mail back yet either, if it makes you feel any better.

Hey.. just got a confirmation from Harkness.. so check your emails! :)

Cat85 said:
yeah it's kind of strange. I responded to the email about 4 minutes after I got it asking for either the 8th or 10th. Didn't hear back until 2 days later with an email saying only the 9th is available. Not sure what happened, really.
Same thing happened to me. I replied asking for the 8th 27 minutes after the initial email. Eventually got the email saying only the 9th was available (and a follow-up confirmation of that date.) Now I have to decide whether or not to cancel 2 interviews on the west coast so I can go to Columbia's session.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Michigan :(

I guess here come the string of rejections!
At this point it seems few news is good news.

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Wills

I guess if you weren't on the original email list, it'll be bad news by snail. :(

I have or have had interviews at the following places:
University of Utah
Albert Einstein
Columbia
SLU
Medical College of Wisconsin
George Washington
Georgetown
Rochester
Tulane
Drexel
Ohio State
Penn State

puzzled said:
Please post your interview invites and rejections with you stats, AOA, USMLE, clinical grades

:thumbup: SLUEI, Colorado, Tulane, Univ So Fla, Univ Fla, BPEI, Wills, Univ of Louisville, Vandy, Univ of Arizona

:thumbdown: : too many to count

not in AOA, Step 1: 249, Honors in IM , Surg, and Neurology

I have no idea why I got interviews at some schools and rejected by others.

good luck everybody

ofield23 said:
I have or have had interviews at the following places:
University of Utah
Albert Einstein
Columbia
SLU
Medical College of Wisconsin
George Washington
Georgetown
Rochester
Tulane
Drexel
Ohio State
Penn State

ofield23, when did you hear from Albert Einstein?

Interviews:
LSU shreveport
LSU N.O.
Albany
Vanderbilt
Indiana
Louisville
UIC
Northwestern
UTMB
Texas Tech
UVA
U of Washington
Colorado

Many many rejections, will not bother to list.... too many

:thumbup: Yay! I got Albert Einstein last night, too. It was a mass email. Interview dates are:
Dec 2,8,9,15 morning or afternoon
I guess there is still good news coming.

nylee said:
ophth--did you hear by e-mail or by mail???

Dear Nylee,
Do you mind telling me the interview dates that were offered by NYU ? Also, what is the general opinion about this program ? Thanks

Would anyone be willing to switch either the Columbia or Cornell interview date? I have Dec. 9th for both and am searching for someone who has Dec. 8th and can switch.
Please let me know. Thank you in advance:)
Good luck all!!!

Are there any women going to the Nov 30 Maryland Interview who want to share a hotel room?

PM if interested.

Cat85 said:
Are there any women going to the Nov 30 Maryland Interview who want to share a hotel room?

PM if interested.

Are there any women going to Emory and staying overnight in Atlanta on Dec. 10 (for the Sun interview or for the post-interview resident social) and interested in splitting that nice fat $160 hotel room??

PM me if interested.

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone's gotten rejections from UCLA or USC. At this point in time, hopes are grim, but I'd like closure in any case.

anycoloryoulike said:
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone's gotten rejections from UCLA or USC. At this point in time, hopes are grim, but I'd like closure in any case.

i just got an interview to Jules Stein yesterday by phone so I think they're still filling spaces that are left from cancellations! Good luck!

nylee said:
I just got an interview to Jules Stein yesterday by phone so I think they're still filling spaces that are left from cancellations! Good luck!

Thanks for the hope Nylee :)
I'll keep my fingers crossed :confused:

:) King/Drew invite via email.

Any chance that anyone has a date at Penn State to trade for 9 December?

Irreconcilable scheduling . . .

For NY Med, St. Lukes, Brown, University of Florida, UVA, VCU, Maryland General, Storm, Seattle, CPMC. Thanks.

Pars Plana said:
For NY Med, St. Lukes, Brown, University of Florida, UVA, VCU, Maryland General, Storm, Seattle, CPMC. Thanks.
UVA: 18th and 19th of November
Seattle: 2nd & ? of December

Seattle also 12/9
CPMC 11/28 (today) and Dec 5th

Pars Plana said:

NY Med - 12/6, 12/14

anyone want to trade my 12/14 nymc date for 12/6? :luck:

Okay, re St. Luke's. As far as I know there was only one interview day (correct me if I'm wrong!) and that was 11/21. That was the only one I was offered and the only one I heard about.

Pars Plana said:

Thanks everyone for the responses.
St Lukes apparently has dates Nov 30 and Dec 19.

lilybriscoe said:
Okay, re St. Luke's. As far as I know there was only one interview day (correct me if I'm wrong!) and that was 11/21. That was the only one I was offered and the only one I heard about.

I know this is a stressfull time for yall interviewees. I remember it like it was yesterday!

But please remember to help each other out. After you have interviewed, write a little review and post it on Scutwork.com. It will make a huge difference for your fellow interviewees and all those who follow in your footsteps.

When you take a look, I wrote 8 or 9 of the reviews there two years ago-time for some updates!

Thanks,

Stark

Remember-help your friends, fill out some reviews at Scutwork.com

Only 2 more weeks of interviews (for ophtho at least - prelim/transitional is a whole other can of worms). I'm starting to see the light at the end of the "do you have any questions" tunnel!

Pastrami King said:
Only 2 more weeks of interviews (for ophtho at least - prelim/transitional is a whole other can of worms). I'm starting to see the light at the end of the "do you have any questions" tunnel!

Amen!!