Interviews 2006-2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heard from Georgetown.

Members don't see this ad.

Pitt today and waitlist from UVA "you're good but not quite good enough"

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
funny how this all works. i got an interview at UVA, but no love from upitt. this process is truly random.

Pitt today and waitlist from UVA "you're good but not quite good enough"

Invite from Columbia today :) but rejected from UVA and Georgetown yesterday :(

Invite from Columbia today :) but rejected from UVA and Georgetown yesterday :(

Cornell and UCSD this week. Columbia and UCSF still holding out on me....rapidly getting to the point where I don't care.:)

Has anyone heard from Boston Medical Center? Do you know what their interview dates are?

Has anyone heard from Boston Medical Center? Do you know what their interview dates are?

Interviews will be held on Wednesday November 29, 2006 and Wednesday, December 13, 2006.

hope this helps! i scheduled for dec 13...anyone else going?

Hey guys,
Does anyone know if Mt Sinai has a preinterview social event. I didn't get anything about it with the confirmation email and I just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything.
Thanks! And Good Luck on the trail!:luck:

Are people sending emails to ask PDs that haven't sent invites/rejections if their applications have been looked at already? Is it still too early?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent emails out to the (3) programs that I hadn't heard from with 11/1 deadlines last Thursday (11/9) - not asking when my file would be reviewed, but making sure that my file was complete. So far only one program has responded, saying it was complete and they'd be reviewing it this week. Whatever. As stated by another poster, I'm rapidly reaching the point where I just don't care too much about the remaining programs...

I started making phonecalls to the programs I hadn't heard from yet. Unfortunately, I got voicemail (and left a msg requesting to know what the status of my application was) and haven't heard back from them. I'm beginning to think that I just won't hear back and what I've got right now is my final list, which I guess wouldn't be such a bad thing.

had to turn down baylor and UAB due to scheduling conflict....
May also have to turn down parkland and pitt for same reason.
Do programs ever interview applicants on different dates than the ones offered??? Also, has anyone received a rejection from columbia or UCLA? Im still waiting to hear from them and dont understand what is taking so long....

My list:
Cornell
BWH-MGH
UPenn
USC
UCSF
Albert-Einstein - Montefiore
Duke
Emory
Mount Sinai

UW
UCSF
Stanford
UCLA
UCLA Harbor
Cedars-Sinai
UC Irvine
UCSD
BIDMC
Yale
NYU
Magee
Hopkins

Did anyone else who is interviewing at Columbia receive a confirmation email about your date... it has been since the 9th, and I still haven't heard a response. I emailed the program coordinator again yesterday just to be safe, and still nothing... is anyone else having the same problem?

UAB today! Didn't expect any more but I guess some places are still thinking about it!

Any have information about Dartmouth's Ob/gyn program? Good, bad, mediocre? :)

Did anyone else who is interviewing at Columbia receive a confirmation email about your date... it has been since the 9th, and I still haven't heard a response. I emailed the program coordinator again yesterday just to be safe, and still nothing... is anyone else having the same problem?

I got my confirmation yesterday afternoon. They may still be working on it. Jen, the coordinator, has been *very* nice in emailing back and forth with me about a scheduling issue. I wouldn't hesitate to give a call if you need to know.

Any thoughts on University of Colorado, University of Alabama, or any of the Arizona programs??
I applied b/c I was told they were very good programs (esp the first 2) but I was hoping some of you would have some details about resident happiness, call/rotation schedules, and overall atmosphere. Thanks and good luck!!

Well, got my first rejection today from UCSF. Probably a blessing in disguise as it makes for one less trip to the west coast. Still haven't heard anything from Columbia, at this point not exactly holding my breath. My list as it stands is:

Emory
Parkland
Stanford (already done these three)
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Univ of Chicago
Hopkins
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
NYU
Cornell
Brigham
Beth Israel
UCLA
UCSD
UC Irvine

I am fighting the fear that I should have gone on more interviews as everybody on this list is really,really competitive. (I get that that probably sounds crazy, but I just can't help it.) Is there anyone out there going on more than 16?

Hey guys,
Does anyone know if Mt Sinai has a preinterview social event. I didn't get anything about it with the confirmation email and I just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything.
Thanks! And Good Luck on the trail!:luck:
no pre-interview social at Mt. Sinai

She said we would hear "early to mid" this week. I guess Thursday is still mid...I'm planning on calling tomorrow afternoon if I still haven't heard at that point.

Did you get a rejection email or letter in the post from UCSF?

Got Boston U. this week...not sure if I am going to go to the interview though since Boston is not exactly the most affordable place to live and it is my only interview there thus far.

Univ. of AZ
Phoenix Integrated
Banner Good Sam
UMDNJ- both New Brunswick and Camden (12/1 and 12/8)
Maimonides- Brooklyn: Pretty sure I am going to cancel
Monmouth Medical Center (12/7)
New York Methodist (12/6)
Western Pennsylvania Hospital: Definitly going to cancel
Pennsylvania Hospital (12/15)
Thomas Jefferson (12/14)
Drexel (waitlisted)
Abington PA (11/30)
Einstein PA (1/8)
St. Barnabas- NJ (12/16)
Lankenau PA (11/29)
Boston University

I currently have a conflict between UMDNJ New Brunswick and Drexel....does anyone have any opinions on which program they think would be better to interview at if I can't rearrange things.

Thanks!

She said we would hear "early to mid" this week. I guess Thursday is still mid...I'm planning on calling tomorrow afternoon if I still haven't heard at that point.

I just received my confirmation email from Jen Fisher- December 14th! Now I think my list is complete: 13 interviews.

Good luck everyone~
:luck:

just heard back from UAB, but they only have one date...1/5

same day as my duke interview. what do y'all think? uab or duke...of course best would be if one of the other days opens up...but we'll see...

I got an email from UCSF today saying all interview slots are taken. They said that they will notify if cancellations (they expect 5-10). Not rejected... wait listed?

My list:
UC Irvine
UCSD
Stanford
UC Davis
UW
OHSU
Kaiser Santa Clara
Kaiser Oakland
Kaiser SF
Santa Clara Valley
UCSF- Fresno

Wait list: UCSF

Waiting on: UCLA

Cancelled at: Cedars Sinai, Kaiser LA, UCLA Harbor, USC

Good luck to everyone on interviews!

is anyone else having a hard time getting a hold of jen fisher (columbia)? i emailed her several times last week and she hasnt responded. I also tried calling but i keep getting her answering machine....
Also, does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews?
thanks in advance.

Just got a Columbia invite today... by phone. Kind of random. Haven't been able to call them back yet. Dates offered = 12/7, 12/14.

Anyone heard anything from U of South Florida. They are still holding out on me :smuggrin:

This is my list for now

Northwestern
Emory
Baylor
BU
BWH/MGH
Wayne State
U Maryland
U Virginia
U Miami
Georgetown
Dartmouth

have any of you started to get follow up from interviews saying that you will be highly regarded during the ranking process? if so what does this mean? should i think of this as a soft offer of a position or is this just another way they can message my ego and CYA for their own purposes?

have any of you started to get follow up from interviews saying that you will be highly regarded during the ranking process? if so what does this mean? should i think of this as a soft offer of a position or is this just another way they can message my ego and CYA for their own purposes?

Don't think of it as a soft offer - that can only hurt you. Its them keeping in contact with you to show you their interest - same way we send thank you notes saying "I look forward to working with you in the future". But - it's a good thing that they are continuing to make contact - you passed the bozo factor test:)
Good luck

Got an offer yesterday from UK. Thought this was strange because I had assumed that programs were finished offering interviews. Someone must have canceled. So you never know....

My list is finally complete! Heard from St Lukes Roosevelt earlier this week. I had figured them for a no since it took them so darn long. Whatever. List stands at:

Northwestern (done)
LIJ (done)
Pennsylvania hospital (done)
Cornell (done)
Columbia (done)
Brigham (today)
Stanford
Kaiser SF
UCLA
OHSU
UC Irvine
Cedars Sinai