interview formats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saradal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone have more info about interview formats- what kinds of questions are asked, how formal are the interviews, what to expect??? any help is much appreciated. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Some interviews (e.g., Iowa, Wash U., Hopkins, and MEEI) will have you interview with two faculty or two residents during each session. At Iowa, you'll have 4 interview sessions.

Wash U had a faculty who picked up the front page of the newspaper and asked the applicant questions based on current events.

MEEI had a faculty who tried to put applicants on the spot. I've seen applicants cry or very upset after the interview.

For the most part, however, interviews are laid back. If you made the cut for the interview, then the programs want you as badly as you want to match. ;)

Good luck!

Jaded Soul said:
They're mostly standard one-on-one formal interviews. You can see some of the most common questions asked by any program in any field here: http://services.aamc.org/careersinmedicine/sampleinterviewquestions.pdf

can someone be kind enough and somehow send me this file. i would really like to have it as soon as possible. it won't let me sign up because i haven't registered and it says i need to contact my school liason to get the code. i sort of want to have it as soon as possible and writing an email to get it might take forever. thanks a bunch.