CAS formatting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Georgetown13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the personal statement any advice on copy and pasting from word? I called and was told to copy into notepad to remove formating but it still go over the character limit even though I know it does not exceed the limit. On the preview pdf there is a lot of room left. I just want my next paragraph to be on the next line with an indent but when I hit enter it makes a whole separate line space.

Members don't see this ad.

To avoid formatting issues, particularly when you are close to the max, you might want to try actually typing the last paragraph or few sentences again instead of copying and pasting. Sounds ridiculous, but for some reason (maybe due to formatting or hidden "formatting marks")
it works.

Ex:
Your PS is 5 paragraphs long.
You paste it into CAS, the formatting is messed up, and when you adjust it, it tells you you've exceeded the limit.

Solution:
Paste 1 paragraph at a time. Preview each time you paste a paragraph to make sure the formatting works. At the last paragraph, just type in the last few sentences.

Outcome:
The Lords of CAS formatting have been appeased, and your PS is displayed perfectly.

My personal statement is nowhere near the word limit. I think it takes up like 3/4 of the allotted space. I said what I needed to say. Hope it'll be good enough!