Interventional Pulmonary Fellowship starting July 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rockmanx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning to apply this year? Let's share the discussion, interview and rejection here. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

Cleveland clinic has already signed internal candidate for position starting July 2017. They signed internal candidate two years in a row.
Vanderbilt has sent out invitation.
The rest of the programs are just sent acknowledge emails.

Any of you guys want to share your IP interview invitation?

Members don't see this ad :)
VCU said they are sending out interviews and rejections next week

So far I got an invitation to:

1.Vanderbilt
2.Duke
3.Yale
4.Wisconsin

No rejections so far

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone hear from any other program?

We should hear from a few more programs by the end of this week, I think

Members don't see this ad :)
Have anyone hear fron any other program? This week has been very quiet...

Mayo clinic sent out some interviews today

Reactions: 1 user
U Cincinnati, Henry ford and UF sent out invitation today

To update the list:
1.Vanderbilt
2.Duke
3.Yale
4.Wisconsin
5. Mayo Clinic
6. U Cincinnati
7. Henry Ford
8. UF
9. Hopkins
10. VCU
11. UNC
12. Cooper
13. Northwestern
14. MD Anderson
15. UCLA

I can't find much information from the website of these programs. Comments on the volume/variety of the cases, research and publication of each program?

Last edited:
I got a interview offer from Henry Ford and I email them right away my preference for interview day however I haven't get the confirmation for my interview day. Have you guys had the same problem?

Not a problem for me.
They confirmed it pretty soon

How many interviews are you guys planning to do?)

I plan for 7-8 interviews.

You guys hear from Emory, UPenn, MD Anderson, BI?

How many interviews are you guys planning to do?)

I was told that I should go as many as possible but bad thing is that lots of my interviews are before the pulmonary board

I was told that I should go as many as possible but bad thing is that lots of my interviews are before the pulmonary board
Hey guys- just joining. So far I've gotten:
VCU
Hopkins
MD Anderson
Duke
UNC
Mayo

Was hoping to hear from Vanderbilt but looks like no love. I assume a place will let you know if you're rejected rather than keep silent?

Also, anyone heard from UCLA?

Vanderbilt sent invitations early. UCAL sent me a email saying they were reviewing applications

Emory is sending invites this week. Does anyone knows what programs have internal candidates?

Cleveland clinic already took an internal candidate I think
Also I was told there is an internal candidate in Cincinnati- if this person commits they may take him/her.

Last edited:
Yale and Cincinnati require that applicants present something, either a case or IP research- I really hate that

UCLA invite today. The program is brand new.

To update the list:
1.Vanderbilt
2.Duke
3.Yale
4.Wisconsin
5. Mayo Clinic
6. U Cincinnati
7. Henry Ford
8. UF
9. Hopkins
10. VCU
11. UNC
12. Cooper
13. Northwestern
14. MD Anderson
15. UCLA
16. Emory

Last edited:
The reliable source told me CCF signed internal candidate.
Frankpulm - how reliable for the roumours that Cincinnati will take the internal candidate?

I'm not sure how reliable it is- so please disregard the previous comment and I apologize for that

Emory also sent invitations this morning

Emory also sent invitations this morning
Has anyone gotten any rejections? Do places let you know they're not interested or do they just ignore you and expect you to figure it out?

Sounds a lot like dating...

Has anyone gotten any rejections? Do places let you know they're not interested or do they just ignore you and expect you to figure it out?

Sounds a lot like dating...

I haven't got any rejection yet. I dint' get many interviews listed above. They just left your application in a limbo, just to be polite. I guess.

UCLA is a new program. How will you guys rank the programs?

MGH and LSU sent invitations last week.

Is there anyone going to the MGH interview that want to share a room?

Been to a few so far- feels like clinical training is rather similar (for big names they are similarly strong)

Outside of Hopkins (correct me if I am wrong), are the rest of the programs one year fellowships?