Incarnate Word COP Fall 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone recieve a rejection email?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all who were acceptedq

A bit of info about the Waitlist:
First off, do not lose hope! I was waitlisted last year and was called for a spot offer, so yes, they do pick off the WL. As for how it works, FSOP uses a numbering system, though im not entirely sure what they go by. The school will NOT reveal to you your number/position (trust me, i begged plenty of times!) so just be patient. they do not begin picking from the WL until AFTER the acceptee deadline (the date by which all who recieved an acceptance must reply yea or nay), so do not feel saddened if it seems like they're taking a while. i dont know when that date is, but i think last year it was 2 weeks after the letters/emails went out.

as for informing that you have been selected off the WL, last year they called us one-by-one and asked us yes or no. yes, they say welcome and send you the acceptance packet, no, they say thank you for your interest and call the next person. they are VERY efficient. i do not know how deep into the WL they went or will go, but they do into it.

Congrats to all who were acceptedq

A bit of info about the Waitlist:
First off, do not lose hope! I was waitlisted last year and was called for a spot offer, so yes, they do pick off the WL. As for how it works, FSOP uses a numbering system, though im not entirely sure what they go by. The school will NOT reveal to you your number/position (trust me, i begged plenty of times!) so just be patient. they do not begin picking from the WL until AFTER the acceptee deadline (the date by which all who recieved an acceptance must reply yea or nay), so do not feel saddened if it seems like they're taking a while. i dont know when that date is, but i think last year it was 2 weeks after the letters/emails went out.

as for informing that you have been selected off the WL, last year they called us one-by-one and asked us yes or no. yes, they say welcome and send you the acceptance packet, no, they say thank you for your interest and call the next person. they are VERY efficient. i do not know how deep into the WL they went or will go, but they do into it.

The date we have to respond by is April 15. Hope this helps some of you :)

Also, to those of you who received an acceptance letter: In the letter it stated we had to fill out 2 documents in order to respond for acceptance and they were attached to the email..... however, my email didn't include any attachments. I went ahead an emailed the rxadmissions to see what to do, but I was just wondering if this was the case with everyone else?

Also, to those of you who received an acceptance letter: In the letter it stated we had to fill out 2 documents in order to respond for acceptance and they were attached to the email..... however, my email didn't include any attachments. I went ahead an emailed the rxadmissions to see what to do, but I was just wondering if this was the case with everyone else?
I didnt receive anything attached to the email either. I think they were talking about the letters coming via snail mail

You have a interview from University of Houston? I didn't know they were still giving out interview. Actually I'm doing my undergrad at the University of Houston now and I have two friends who are at the college of pharmacy now and they love it. I also work with 2 pharmacists who graduated from UH, and there really good at what they do. Well anyways, good luck to you! Regardless of where you go UIW or UH there both good schools.

I didnt receive anything attached to the email either. I think they were talking about the letters coming via snail mail

lol I hope so! :) I'm just worried I won't receive them in time to fill them out and send them back in order for them to receive them by the 15th....

You have a interview from University of Houston? I didn't know they were still giving out interview. Actually I'm doing my undergrad at the University of Houston now and I have two friends who are at the college of pharmacy now and they love it. I also work with 2 pharmacists who graduated from UH, and there really good at what they do. Well anyways, good luck to you! Regardless of where you go UIW or UH there both good schools.

Yeah, they interview all the way up until May. I'm not quite sure what is going to happen. I know I'm definitely accepting the offer from UIW since I won't know UH's outcome until after the 15th. I was born and raised in Houston and am currently taking classes in Houston as well, and I'm ready for a change!!! I fell in love with UIW when I went for the interview and I have always loved San Antonio.... its just the cost of tuition that has been the major factor in my decision. UIW is almost 10-12K more a year (that's comparing to UH with no housing)....................

packet was the exact snail mail copy that were going to recieve. The 2 documents were not attached and are going to be sent via snail mail.

hmmmm. they may be referring to two letters in your packet that they send via Snail Mail.

Call to verify though!!

I also got waitlisted. I hope I get in. This is still my number 1 choice!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! sorry to confuse everyone on the groups! you can search for the actual group under the name "UIW Feik School of Pharmacy c/o 2015"

feel free to ask your questions there! :D

I have not recived any e.mail or snail mail yet ! Is there anyone else with same situation? does this mean they are going to send me a rejection letter:scared:?

I have not recived any e.mail or snail mail yet ! Is there anyone else with same situation? does this mean they are going to send me a rejection letter:scared:?

I am in the same situation and i feel the same way you feel :(

I am in the same situation and i feel the same way you feel :(

same here! did you guys call or email them by any chance? If so did they say anything at all? I'm debating if I should give them a call or just listen to my instinct that I'm rejected.

any recommendations on a safe neighborhood to live in?

I tried calling them but they are too busy and no one has called me back yet! I just hope they are still sending out acceptance letters!

same here! did you guys call or email them by any chance? If so did they say anything at all? I'm debating if I should give them a call or just listen to my instinct that I'm rejected.

I tried calling them but they are too busy and no one has called me back yet! I just hope they are still sending out acceptance letters!:xf:

any recommendations on a safe neighborhood to live in?

Stay away from the east & west sides of town. Not horribly awful but not as safe either. You looking for an apartment?

On a side note, if anyone is looking for a house to rent. I have one! I live in San Antonio and will be moving to Kingsville! The house has three bedrooms, two baths, living room, kitchen, dining room, and an office room. It's a two car garage and is a little over 3 years old.

Stay away from the east & west sides of town. Not horribly awful but not as safe either. You looking for an apartment?

On a side note, if anyone is looking for a house to rent. I have one! I live in San Antonio and will be moving to Kingsville! The house has three bedrooms, two baths, living room, kitchen, dining room, and an office room. It's a two car garage and is a little over 3 years old.

Hi Velvet! I am interested in renting your house if the location is prime to the school. Please PM me the details.. Thanks -

Ya I'm looking for an apartment. Being that FSOP is where it's at, is it recommended to live close to the school?

On another note have anyone received papers via snail mail yet? It's been about a week and nothing yet

See you at the UofH interview tomorrow Weasel!

i had an interview with this school march 4th...and now i have a question about my matriculation form but whn i call them no one ever picks up the phone and when you try to email them...you do not get reply back from them ...i mean they should at least reply when u call n leave a message or email back..so i dont knw whts going on with this school...this school has lost my reputation 4 sure

i had an interview with this school march 4th...and now i have a question about my matriculation form but whn i call them no one ever picks up the phone and when you try to email them...you do not get reply back from them ...i mean they should at least reply when u call n leave a message or email back..so i dont knw whts going on with this school...this school has lost my reputation 4 sure

Hi RXking! As you know they only have 2 advisers that handle 260 applicants. It is actually a surprise that they had sent out letters/results early. I would suggest to be patient. On a side note, If you can PM me your inquiry, I would gladly ask them on monday, as I will submit my payment and turn in my observation hours.

I know what you are going through, I am in the same situation and I have called them many times and also e.mailed them many times but no answere! I just want to know what is going on and when do we here any thing from them!???:confused:

I had great luck last year calling at around 9AM Central Time, just a tip.

As was mentioned earlier, there are only 2 admissions advisors at FSOP processing all of y'all, so please be patient. Mail with UIW can be VERRRRY slow, as outgoing mail has to leave FSOP, go down to the mail room at main campus who then sends it out, along with all of their outgoing mail. It took quite some time last year, if i remember correctly.

:thumbup:
I had great luck last year calling at around 9AM Central Time, just a tip.

As was mentioned earlier, there are only 2 admissions advisors at FSOP processing all of y'all, so please be patient. Mail with UIW can be VERRRRY slow, as outgoing mail has to leave FSOP, go down to the mail room at main campus who then sends it out, along with all of their outgoing mail. It took quite some time last year, if i remember correctly.

Hey futureMTMspecs

If you don't mind, can you ask them how many people already accepted going there? I know its still early and people may accept and then decide to go to another school, but still.....

And for those of you who are on the waitlist, I talked to Mrs Hernandez I believe last week and she said the accepted people have until April 15 to respond back by and they should have the final results to who is attending by April 30. They will be contacting throughout the summer (June-August) as seats get available. She was very nice about it, and told me not to lose hope! So for the people who are waiting just be patient and they will get to you when the time comes.

Hi RXking! As you know they only have 2 advisers that handle 260 applicants. It is actually a surprise that they had sent out letters/results early. I would suggest to be patient. On a side note, If you can PM me your inquiry, I would gladly ask them on monday, as I will submit my payment and turn in my observation hours.

Can you please ask them about the people that did not recieve any email! (no acceptance, no waiting list) [Nothing!!] are we rejected??!

Thank you.

Hey futureMTMspecs

If you don't mind, can you ask them how many people already accepted going there? I know its still early and people may accept and then decide to go to another school, but still.....

And for those of you who are on the waitlist, I talked to Mrs Hernandez I believe last week and she said the accepted people have until April 15 to respond back by and they should have the final results to who is attending by April 30. They will be contacting throughout the summer (June-August) as seats get available. She was very nice about it, and told me not to lose hope! So for the people who are waiting just be patient and they will get to you when the time comes.

Can you please ask them about the people that did not recieve any email! (no acceptance, no waiting list) [Nothing!!] are we rejected??!

Thank you.

Will do guys.. But I do not think they will disclose info as to how many declined/accepted. The advisers are right. don't lose hope! Hope y'all get in :D

Last edited:
To those who didn't receive an email:

I went up there on Monday to ask for a friend, and they said if you do not get an email it means that you are rejected. They are sending out rejections via snail so you should receive those soon. However, I would still make sure there's no mistake and call them to verify your status.

To those who didn't receive an email:

I went up there on Monday to ask for a friend, and they said if you do not get an email it means that you are rejected. They are sending out rejections via snail so you should receive those soon. However, I would still make sure there's no mistake and call them to verify your status.

Thanks I think you're right and t explains why I wasn't wait listed

anyone get the official letter in the mail. I'm still waiting on mine, and from what I understand we need to mail in those paper documents with our decision by this friday.

I was wait listed for UIW. However, I recieved my official letter in the mail on Saturday. I live in San Antonio, so hopefully people who live a little farther away will be getting theirs today (Mon)?

Does anyone know how many people on the waitlist, also how far down they usually go?

Im in california, got my email the same friday as everyone else and just got my waitlist letter.

Last edited:
Anyone on the waitlist, heard anything yet? OR anyone that is already a student at UIW hear anything?

Anyone on the waitlist, heard anything yet? OR anyone that is already a student at UIW hear anything?

It might be longer until you hear anything. They sent out our packets late, and so we had a few extra days to get our paperwork in. Hang in there, though!!

I was wait listed and I never got any letter in the mail stating that I was wait listed. I live in Texas. When do the poeple who are accepted have to turn in their forms by?

I was wait listed and I never got any letter in the mail stating that I was wait listed. I live in Texas. When do the poeple who are accepted have to turn in their forms by?

Technically they said the 15th. But because they mailed out the packets late, we have a few extra days to get it in.

This wait is killer. I wonder when they'll start calling. :confused:

When I was looking at the facebook page for 2015 it seems like there are ALOT of members....Does that mean I no longer have a chance?

Don't let me down Incarnate Word. :xf:
My daily schedule: :sleep::confused::scared::scared::scared::scared::sleep::sleep::scared:

hehe.

There are a lot of members on the 2015 facebook page, because it also includes current students ('14, '13, '12 and '11). We're there to answer any question that those who were accepted and joined have about FSOP, so don't be discouraged that there is like 90 members lol.

as far as waiting for them to pull off the waitlist, don't be discouraged. last year, the deadline for the first round acceptees was something like may 12th, and they didn't start calling until may 25th-ish. again, do not be discouraged, as they're gathering all the information they have and will begin soon.

it seems people are getting e-mails regarding their student ID # and UIW e-mail address. I still havn't received an e-mail with that. Is there anyone else that didn't get anything? Does anyone know if it takes a while or if everyone should get it at the same time?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I haven't received anything about ID either, but I'm not too worried about. I'm sure everyone is going to get it soon enough. Enjoy these last couple months before pharm school