Incarnate Word COP Fall 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Their way of organizing interviews is a bit more unorganized then what I'm use to. They expect us to do everything, which is a bit understandable. But what happens if you schedule it on their website and you show up and no body knows who you are?

Members don't see this ad.

Their way of organizing interviews is a bit more unorganized then what I'm use to. They expect us to do everything, which is a bit understandable. But what happens if you schedule it on their website and you show up and no body knows who you are?

I don't think you have to worry too much about that, but if you're genuinely concerned you could send am e-mail to the address in the invitation e-mail just to be sure. After you chose your interview time did you get redirected to a page that said "Pharmacy Interview Appointment Calendar, Appointment Reserved Successfully"? If so I wouldn't worry about nobody knowing who you are when you arrive :p

OMG, I just checked my e-mail I got an invite. So excited but nervous at the same time. I started sweating.lol! Anyways I signed up for the March 11 @ 2:30pm.

Does it matter if we chose a later interview date. I mean do they start accepting after the first batch of interviews or they wait until all the interviews are over to decide?

Members don't see this ad :)
WOOHOO! I'm interviewing on March 4th at 3pm!:soexcited:

Does anyone know what to expect from the interview?

Like what to expect from writing?

What to questions to anticipate for during the actual interview?

and what the critical analysis is? Is it like a mini PCAT?

:soexcited:Got a interview from Incarnate Word March 4!:highfive:
Heres to you dad and mom your about to have it all!:clap:

I'm new to this. How exciting!
I also got an interview on March 4th at 2pm.

Didn't get an interview invite via email!! Anyone get one by mail yet??

Does anyone know what to expect from the interview?

Like what to expect from writing?

What to questions to anticipate for during the actual interview?

and what the critical analysis is? Is it like a mini PCAT?

I'd check out the school's interview feedback, the link is at the top of every SDN page.

OMG, I just checked my e-mail I got an invite. So excited but nervous at the same time. I started sweating.lol! Anyways I signed up for the March 11 @ 2:30pm.

Does it matter if we chose a later interview date. I mean do they start accepting after the first batch of interviews or they wait until all the interviews are over to decide?

I also got my interview at that time! goodluck to you. I hope all goes well.

Would anyone happen to know how many are interviewed and accepted?:confused:

I have an interview for feik pharmacy school (incarnate word pharmacy school). can any provide any feedback please. my interview is march 4th. *what type of questions did they ask. was there an assessment test to take. *should i spend the night in san antanio or leave in the morning. my interview is at 1:00 and i live in houston, texas. its a 3 hour car ride so i can leave at 7 in the morning and reach there by 10 or 11 . or should i go the night before and spend the night.

thanks

I have an interview for feik pharmacy school (incarnate word pharmacy school). can any provide any feedback please. my interview is march 4th. *what type of questions did they ask. was there an assessment test to take. *should i spend the night in san antanio or leave in the morning. my interview is at 1:00 and i live in houston, texas. its a 3 hour car ride so i can leave at 7 in the morning and reach there by 10 or 11 . or should i go the night before and spend the night.

thanks

I would either go to the "Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions" forum OR Student Doctor has this neat thing called "Interview Feedback" (top bar navigation) where I'm sure your questions can be answered!

Members don't see this ad :)
so expensive... :(

Yeah that is generally the problem with private schools, however after further review, here are my findings:

OIW really isn't that expensive compared to the other pharmacy schools in Texas. Also, I have been told that because they are private, there are more opportunities for scholarships.
All of the Texas Pharmacy schools range around 15-17K a semester for In-state students, in which OIW is competetively priced.

Here are the tuition websites for all Texas Pharmacy Schools:

Our Incarnate Word: http://www.uiw.edu/finaid/estimateyourcosts2.html

UT Austin: (going to have to add up hours.. fees not included) http://www.utexas.edu/business/accounting/sar/t_f_rates.html

Texas Tech: (keep in mind this does not include housing) http://www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/academicinfo/docs/2010-2011_Tuition_and_Fees.pdf

University of Houston: http://pharmacy.uh.edu/fs/pharmd/aid.php#cost

Texas Southern: (scroll down to pharmacy) http://em.tsu.edu/financialaid/cost.php

Texas A&M Kingsville: http://tamhsc.edu/education/finaid/forms1/cost-of-attendance/college-of-pharmacy-coa.html

Hope this helps! :)
If I am missing a school, please add it to the list!!

Last edited:

thanks

I live in Houston to, by any chance do you happen to go to the University of Houston? I think if you leave at 7am you should reach there on time. It's about a 3-4 hour drive.Good luck to you!

I live in Houston to, by any chance do you happen to go to the University of Houston? I think if you leave at 7am you should reach there on time. It's about a 3-4 hour drive.Good luck to you!

Yeah I live in Houston too, I don't goto UH but I am close to it. I am going to be leaving Thursday and staying the night that way I'm not frazzled the next day with trying to figure out where to go, what to eat, or if something goes wrong. I've found some decent hotels around the campus of OIW for around $50-60 a night. I think it is definitely worth the money for peace of mind :)

Yeah I live in Houston too, I don't goto UH but I am close to it. I am going to be leaving Thursday and staying the night that way I'm not frazzled the next day with trying to figure out where to go, what to eat, or if something goes wrong. I've found some decent hotels around the campus of OIW for around $50-60 a night. I think it is definitely worth the money for peace of mind :)

Just wondering where is OIW coming from? I swear it was called UIW (University of the Incarnate Word). Don't mean to be a dick just i go here and all:)

Just wondering where is OIW coming from? I swear it was called UIW (University of the Incarnate Word). Don't mean to be a dick just i go here and all:)

Our Incarnate Word University ...... ????? or just a typo hehehe ;)

woohoo booked my hotel room for Thurs and Friday night!! I'm gonna make a weekend out of it and spend Friday night on the Riverwalk with my fiancee :)
Can't wait to meet everyone there!
Does anyone know some what questions may be asked during the interview or writing prompt? Or what the critical analysis is like?

woohoo booked my hotel room for Thurs and Friday night!! I'm gonna make a weekend out of it and spend Friday night on the Riverwalk with my fiancee :)
Can't wait to meet everyone there!
Does anyone know some what questions may be asked during the interview or writing prompt? Or what the critical analysis is like?

This question gets asked a lot.

http://www.studentdoctor.net/schools/school/uiw-pharm

:rolleyes:

anyone going to the March 11th interview? I feel like I should have picked the 4th but I was going back to SA for spring break anyways.

Oh wow.. I just received a postcard for an interview, but it was addressed to someone else. I tried emailing them about the situation, but they have yet to respond back to me.:xf: I don't know if I should be excited or disappointed. I'm just full of mixed feelings.:confused:

Oh wow.. I just received a postcard for an interview, but it was addressed to someone else. I tried emailing them about the situation, but they have yet to respond back to me.:xf: I don't know if I should be excited or disappointed. I'm just full of mixed feelings.:confused:

Lol I had the same thing happen to me! Your name's not Amy is it?.......

I received my invite by e-mail way before the postcard. Have you checked your junk mail?

This happened to me too. I emailed them and they said not to worry. Their secretary messed up the names and addresses. As long as the email you received has all the correct info, then you are fine. But, if you have any more concerns email them.
Here is the email i received back from UIW:

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold,sans-serif]We apologize for the error and thank you for the correction. Unfortunately, our secretary sorted a few names and addresses incorrectly that is why you received the wrong name with your address. Fortunately, you were invited for an interview. At this time that error is being addressed and once again thank you for your correction...
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold,sans-serif] ..
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold,sans-serif]Sincerely,..
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold,sans-serif] ..
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold,sans-serif]Liz Hernandez..
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold,sans-serif][email protected]..

How many people are invited to the interviews?
I did some rough math:
If interviews start at 9-12 & 2-5 on both days at 30 min intervals, then that is 12 slots for interviewing a day. Then if I remember correctly when signing up for a time, there were about 7-10 rooms per time slot. This totals 84-120 potential interviews a day. Then, there are 2 days, which comes to a total of 168-240.

I'm just taking a stab in the dark with the math lol. If anyone else has any real input let me know!!

anyone going to the March 11th interview? I feel like I should have picked the 4th but I was going back to SA for spring break anyways.

I'm going to the March 11th one, in the afternoon. Just gonna drive there from Austin.

hi guys!!! I'm a currently a P1 at UIW FSOP. If you guys have any further questions let me know! GOOD LUCK ON ALL YOUR INTERVIEWS TODAY!!! :)

Good luck to everyone interviewing today! I'm in the afternoon batch, I'll see some of you there :)

Hope everyone had great interviews today!

How did the interviews go?

Mine went great! I identified well with the essay prompt which was nice, the faculty that interviewed me made me feel at ease and comfortable, and the critical analysis was nothing to stress over.

So all in all, I was throughly happy with my overall process. There were a couple answers that I wish I would've expanded on. And I came up with better questions after I left the room, but it's all good. We all had butterflies in our stomaches lol.

Last edited:
Mine went great! I identified well with the essay prompt which was nice, the faculty that interviewed me made me feel at ease and comfortable, and the critical analysis was nothing to stress over.

So all in all, I was throughly happy with my overall process. There were a couple answers that I wish I would've expanded on. And I came up with better questions after I left the room, but it's all good. We all had butterflies in our stomaches lol.

Was the essay like a PCAT essay? About Pharmacy? Was reviewing last years questions here any helpful?

We were told not to disclose any info reguarding the essay until the 3/11 interview happens. Sorry :(

Lol I had the same thing happen to me! Your name's not Amy is it?.......

I received my invite by e-mail way before the postcard. Have you checked your junk mail?

Haha No.. Is your name Heidi?

I wish I can say I did, but I haven't received anything. Not even a rejection letter. The suspension is killing me here. lol :scared:

This happened to me too. I emailed them and they said not to worry. Their secretary messed up the names and addresses. As long as the email you received has all the correct info, then you are fine. But, if you have any more concerns email them.
Here is the email i received back from UIW:

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold,sans-serif]We apologize for the error and thank you for the correction. Unfortunately, our secretary sorted a few names and addresses incorrectly that is why you received the wrong name with your address. Fortunately, you were invited for an interview. At this time that error is being addressed and once again thank you for your correction...

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold,sans-serif]Sincerely,..

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold,sans-serif]Liz Hernandez..
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][FONT=Arial Rounded MT Bold,sans-serif][email protected]..

I still haven't recieved reply, but I did call them to see where I stood on the application status. They told me to disregard the postcard and wait. They were still reviewing applications and doing interviews so they couldn't tell me where I stand at the moment.

My concern is that the only known interview date available is coming pretty soon and I have yet to know where I stand. I feel like doing this at the moment.. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

I wish I can say I did, but I haven't received anything. Not even a rejection letter. The suspension is killing me here. lol :scared:

I still haven't recieved reply, but I did call them to see where I stood on the application status. They told me to disregard the postcard and wait. They were still reviewing applications and doing interviews so they couldn't tell me where I stand at the moment.

My concern is that the only known interview date available is coming pretty soon and I have yet to know where I stand. I feel like doing this at the moment.. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

So you didn't receive an email, just a post card? I would check your email... Including the junk folder! They told us at the interview that all the emails were sent correctly, but there was an error in the computer system that did the postcards. Best of luck!! I know it's stressful!!

Call them again tomorrow

Is the interview open file or closed file?

If you are asking if the interviewers have any previous knowledge of your file, then the answer is yes. They have reviewed your file before they interview you.

For those who interviewed last Friday, y'all received a list of your missing pre-reqs for the school. Are y'all following that list and completing what is missing or are yall folllowing the pre-req guide found on pharmcas? Only reason I'm asking is because some classes they listed were on pharmcas and not on the letter. I just wanted to drop the extra classes i'm taking if i dont need it.

I'm interviewing then too! I'll see both you and drew there. Good luck to the both of you :D

good luck to you guys too. Will see you guys then..what time are you guys showing up? Im thinking about coming at 11 to walk around a bit

Good Luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!!! I'm sure you will really enjoy your time at UIW! I was really impressed by the campus and faculty at my interview last weekend. The only advice I have is, be prepared for a LONG day and don't forget to be yourself!