Incarnate Word 2016 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted for the Fall 2012. Can anyone tell me how the book you study for P1 like? Are the books available as ebook? Or are they all heavy books that you have to carry around all day? And what is the class schedule for P1? Are the classes start at 8AM everyday? If you miss the class, is there a recorded lecture that you can listen to? Thanks :)

Hi How are you? Yes some of the books are available as ebooks. You can go onto the FSOP website to take a look at the current P1 block schedule to get a feel as to what your schedule will be. One thing about the schedule, wherever you see SI, those are not classes. It is supplemental instruction for the students that are "invited" to go by the instructor. Also for lab, you will have lab twice a week from 2-5. There are 2 classes that have labs. You will have 1 on one day and then the other. I rarely stayed till 5 for labs though. Classes for P1's are pretty early but you won't have problems finding parking. It's really not that bad. We do have lecture capture but you should not rely on that cause sometimes lectures don't get recorded. You pretty much have to come to class everyday, unless you have a good reason not to. In that case you should let your instructor know that you won't be there. even though there are about 104 of you, your teacher will notice if you are missing multiple days. It's really up to you if you want to actually bring your books to class. I tend to bring mine cause I follow the lecture using the book. Also when you do groupwork it helps if people have their book especially for A & P and Micro. You don't have to carry them all day cause you are in one classroom all day so there is no need to move them. lol. Hope this helps. Good luck

Members don't see this ad.

is there anyone who got interviewed back in December and still waiting for the result? I emailed the admission office regarding status update but they don't seem to respond at all.

is there anyone who got interviewed back in December and still waiting for the result? I emailed the admission office regarding status update but they don't seem to respond at all.

I emailed them as well. Took a few days. Was told everyone should of got mail with an update. I didn't receive anything and was told she couldn't disclose anything over email. I asked her to resend the letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed them as well. Took a few days. Was told everyone should of got mail with an update. I didn't receive anything and was told she couldn't disclose anything over email. I asked her to resend the letter.

Could it be that you didn't get accepted?? I know that all the people who did get accepted got a priority email saying they got in, then a letter in the mail. Those whom got wait listed, at least from what i'm aware of, got only the letter in the mail saying they got waitlisted. I wish you well friend I hope your case is the latter!

Does anyone know the laptop situation at UIW? Will we be required to buy one through the school? I really don't want to cause I already have 2 laptops and don't need another one.

Does anyone know the laptop situation at UIW? Will we be required to buy one through the school? I really don't want to cause I already have 2 laptops and don't need another one.
I am currently a student at FSOP and buying a laptop from the school is mandatory. Even though the university website says that it is optional. It is optional for the main campus but the pharmacy school requires that you get one from them. Sorry for the bad news :(

I am currently a student at FSOP and buying a laptop from the school is mandatory. Even though the university website says that it is optional. It is optional for the main campus but the pharmacy school requires that you get one from them. Sorry for the bad news :(

What kind of laptop options are there? Dell? MacBook ?

I'm pretty sure they are only allowing the P1s for next year choose between the Larger Dell laptop and the Macbook. This is because several of the P1s this year had many issues with the smaller Dell netbook and found it was not enough to handle the demands of pharmacy school. I think this would also be the case with an iPad, although it may come in handy your 3rd and 4th year.

Anyone on the wait list hear anything yet? I've emailed them twice and left a message but i haven't heard anything...:mad:

I'm pretty sure they are only allowing the P1s for next year choose between the Larger Dell laptop and the Macbook. This is because several of the P1s this year had many issues with the smaller Dell netbook and found it was not enough to handle the demands of pharmacy school. I think this would also be the case with an iPad, although it may come in handy your 3rd and 4th year.

Interesting. How demanding is your school when it comes to your computer? I know at A&M we have a few people sporting net books and doing just fine.

Could it be that you didn't get accepted?? I know that all the people who did get accepted got a priority email saying they got in, then a letter in the mail. Those whom got wait listed, at least from what i'm aware of, got only the letter in the mail saying they got waitlisted. I wish you well friend I hope your case is the latter!

This is weird, I haven't received a single thing in the mail since December. I can't believe those admission staffs are so slow to send out the result like that, they said during the interview back in December that we should receive the result within 2 months, with May 15 being the latest.
Even though I've already got accepted at 2 other pharmacy schools (in Maine & Florida), San Antonio is still my first choice in terms of living expense (everything is so cheap there, especially the apartment rent), feeling so sad now.

Has anybody heard anything in last week or so.... getting little worried...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was placed as an Alternate candidate and got called a couple of days ago because there was a free space, and I was next in line. Got so excited that I had to call back because I did not jot down any information :laugh:

I am still not sure if I will make the jump because I am waiting for Nova Southeastern University to tell me if I am in or not (again, placed as an alternate here).

We are required to have our laptops with us everyday and are expected to have it just as fast as everyone else. We use these computers for exams and everyday tasks. The netbooks just seemed too small, especially when trying to view some of the material posted on Blackboard, and as well as looking up information for the Drug Information class which requires you to be able to move between multiple sites and sources quickly and efficiently.

I honestly purchased the netbook that they offered because it was the cheapest option, but I ended up having to buy a new laptop from Bestbuy because I couldn't handle the tiny screen.. I also have an iPad, and although it may be great while on rotations,I know that it would not be able to keep up with everything you are asked to do, especially the testing program and Blackboard.

Hope this helps!

Good luck to those who are still waitlisted. Hope is not lost yet..! :thumbup:

just got accepted yesterday ! so much to do.. where do i get books from ... and where to live appartments..

Congratulations. Please join the facebook group and your questions are going to be answered:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/206241512739334/

:thumbup:

I got accepted couple of days ago too...So excited! I am still waiting for the admission package to arrive.
Does anyone know amongst the 3 laptops in the list, which is the most recommended one by the students to buy? I need to place the order and not sure which one?

Thanks.

I bought the cheapest laptop available because I had my own personal laptop I would use for school.