Uhcop 2020 admission cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prettyshe

Reaction score
Did anyone apply to uhcop ED or regular decision? Did you get an interview date? what is your Pcat score?
I applied to uhcop ED, taking september pcat and hopefully get an interview date next month.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied ED! Nothing yet, submitted my app close to the deadline. My composite was an 89 (compensating for my GPA).

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied ED! Nothing yet, submitted my app close to the deadline. My composite was an 89 (compensating for my GPA).
Oh nice. I uploaded my pcat today and was told will hear from them in about 2-3 weeks since ED review ends October 18th. Hopefully we get in

Oh nice. I uploaded my pcat today and was told will hear from them in about 2-3 weeks since ED review ends October 18th. Hopefully we get in

They have to tell us something soon because the interview dates are 10/4 & 10/11 we shall see

I applied to ED too,
I heard UHCOP is very competitive which make me extremely nervous. My stats: Gpa 4.0, thousands of volunteer hours in pharmacy, good letter of recommendation, pcat composite: 64th. I know my PCAt is pretty low. Who else have similar stats like mine??

I applied to ED too,
I heard UHCOP is very competitive which make me extremely nervous. My stats: Gpa 4.0, thousands of volunteer hours in pharmacy, good letter of recommendation, pcat composite: 64th. I know my PCAt is pretty low. Who else have similar stats like mine??
your stat isn't bad at all so don't be nervous. science gpa: 3.67 non science 4.0, pcat 58. i scored very low in reading, military experience, about 400 hours of pharmacy shadowing, volunteer hours at naval hospital and public health department. not upto thousand though. your stats is better than mine and i'm extremely nervous

your stat isn't bad at all so don't be nervous. science gpa: 3.67 non science 4.0, pcat 58. i scored very low in reading, military experience, about 400 hours of pharmacy shadowing, volunteer hours at naval hospital and public health department. not upto thousand though. your stats is better than mine and i'm extremely nervous
Did you get interview email??

Reactions: 1 user
No. Did you?
Same here, which makes me pretty upset about the school, I wish they could let us know as early as we can so we can move on you know. It is such a waste of time!!

I got an interview for October 4th this morning. Based on previous years, it looks like they send it out w a 2 week notice so if not today, check next thurs-Friday for the Oct 11th interview

I got an interview for October 4th this morning. Based on previous years, it looks like they send it out w a 2 week notice so if not today, check next thurs-Friday for the Oct 11th interview
Did you reply to the school through the invitation email??

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you reply to the school through the invitation email??

Yes! I received my email from what looks like an advisor assigned to me. She emailed me a month ago saying they got my supplemental but not my PharmCas. I was able to email her instead of the do not reply email. I wonder when we’ll be assigned a interview time

You guys don’t want to apply to UH. It’s not competitive at all actually. People have gotten in with low GPAs and decent PCATs. I just graduated from there and people are still looking for jobs.

Obviously you guys aren’t going to switch your path now, but just remember this post and the others. You will regret it.

The school also micromanages you and will make you come to these things that aren’t required and are a waste of time.

The money you pay for tuition for four years just to be out of a decent job is disheartening.

Just a fair warning about the future and also UH itself. It’s not competitive. They want your money.

Better off applying to quality schools like UT or Texas Tech that are high up there. Or medical school.

Reactions: 2 users
how do you guys prepare for MMI format?? Please I need recommendation

Search on YouTube, most will be for medical school but they have some good scenarios. I went to academic advising in June & was told if you work in a pharmacy now you’re probably pretty prepared so I’m expecting situational ethics questions. You can also look at other Texas pharmacy schools for ideas, they almost all do MMI.

i got an interview date for 10/11. For those having the interview on 10/4 can you please help those having it on the 11th out with the questions asked?

I just received an email to interview on November 22nd. For those of you who interviewed with UH previously, would you care to comment on what your experience was like?

I just received an email to interview on November 22nd. For those of you who interviewed with UH previously, would you care to comment on what your experience was like?
Congrats! I am waiting for an interview from UH. May I know when you received the interview invite and your stat if possible?

Congrats! I am waiting for an interview from UH. May I know when you received the interview invite and your stat if possible?

Thanks! My final recommendation letter was submitted to PharmCAS on October 30th, and I received the invitation on October 31st. My GPA was a 3.37, and my PCAT was a 99. Best of luck in getting an interview from them!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! My final recommendation letter was submitted to PharmCAS on October 30th, and I received the invitation on October 31st. My GPA was a 3.37, and my PCAT was a 99. Best of luck in getting an interview from them!
Thanks for sharing and good luck on your interview!

Hi everyone! I just received an interview offer for UHCOP and I am kind of nervous on what to expect... The email says it will be 5 hours long and it will include a writing assessment? Can anyone offer any advice or insight on the interview process? Thank you in advance! :)

Decisions for people who interviewed on 11/22 have started going out. I hope all of you get an acceptance!

I dont know what you guy's thinking process is. But you gotta be really dumb if you are still going to pharmacy school. Avoid Pharmacy school like a plague, go to nursing, PA, DO/MD.

The same thing you were probably thinking when you accepted the invitation to go to pharmacy school. If you must vent before your even licensed, do so in the appropriate sub-forums. This is not the location