Important question. help!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rick_hunter

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I recently found out about this site and i thought it was very very informational. I am currently a Neurobiology, physiology and behavioral sciences major and I was planning on focusing in neurosurgery, but after visiting this forum and reading about what people who are actually in the field had to say, I must say that i'm discouraged by the amount of work need to be put into it. Although I am fascinated by the subject, I have to admit the amount of input required for it is way beyond me. Anyway, I have been looking around in different fields, and so far plastic surgery is the most interesting to me. What can you guys tell me about this field? How hard is it, how much time/effort does it require, is it rewarding, is it interesting, etc. Please help me out and provide me AS MUCH info as you possibly can. Again, thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

since you have such vast hospital experience, it is now time to choose your specialty. plastic surgery is ideal for you, comesis being one of the better reasons for choosing to become a doctor. i would major in art history and minor in architecture, since program directors highly regard this route in their applicants. good luck.

:cool:

hey thanks for your reply. Does it really matter what type of undergraduate major you have? Also, what are good schools for plastic surgery?