Hubby-Wife both doctors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
data said:
still don't get it..is that brown language for american chick?
its a slang for all the white females on the face of this earth....

Members don't see this ad.

DrGarfield said:
According to the laws of reproduction, everyone likes a person of opposite sex that has the qualities that he/ she thinks are as good as him/herself or superior- because all animals- including human naturally aim at leaving an offspring as good as or better than themselves.

My idea after seeking a doctor girl for me would be driven out of an expectation of having someone with a similar level of intelligence (or the lack of it :laugh: ) and similar way of thinking- though in real life i am hooked up with an engineer and am happy with that, as this also fulfills the first.
I want to marry an engineer.....so that my kids have some mathematics wala genes.....I am so lousy at mathmatics....

meetlife said:
I want to marry an engineer.....so that my kids have some mathematics wala genes.....I am so lousy at mathmatics....
there is no such thing as mathematic genes. Marrying someone smart doesn't meant that you will be guaranteed smart kids.

Members don't see this ad :)
Proof: Homer x Marge resulted in her=

10_simpsons_200_225_ProSieben.jpg

sunny123 said:
Proof: Homer x Marge resulted in her=

10_simpsons_200_225_ProSieben.jpg

And family guy's kid genius
familyguy1.gif

data said:
there is no such thing as mathematic genes. Marrying someone smart doesn't meant that you will be guaranteed smart kids.

I disagree. I know too many families where the parents are engineers, or the parents have a Ph.D in some science-related field, and the kids are mathematically or scientifically inclined. My good friend in grade school, incidentally; his father was a Ph.D chemist. Every standardized test he took was off the charts; he graduated at the top of the class in secondary school, now at Stanford. I cannot in all honesty say there is no correlation.

Environment is also important; but consider ppl like Ramanujan. The environment did not make much difference.

HistoRocks said:
I disagree. I know too many families where the parents are engineers, or the parents have a Ph.D in some science-related field, and the kids are mathematically or scientifically inclined. My good friend in grade school, incidentally; his father was a Ph.D chemist. Every standardized test he took was off the charts; he graduated at the top of the class in secondary school, now at Stanford. I cannot in all honesty say there is no correlation.
what about ramanujan? if i'm spelling it right?
and einstein? you saying their parental units are genius?

HistoRocks said:
Environment is also important; but consider ppl like Ramanujan. The environment did not make much difference.
aah you beat me to it....how did you do that?

HistoRocks said:

Sadly there aren't such gifted individuals in news these days :thumbdown:

priyanka said:
ok i get ya..
ok relax people, idont think we should pounce on histo rocks, because hes trying to say the same things we are, in different words. His style of approach is different thats it.

I am sorry if I offended anyone in this tread. I do get carried away with the arguing, occassionally. Anyway, I agree with the rest of you, complexion is really a silly thing. If there was one thing I wanted more than anything else, it would be brains. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh: :laugh: sad,but true!i was a born genius,well acc. 2 my dad!but education ruined me completely!ekdum barbadi! :laugh:
Premedtomed said:
Sadly there aren't such gifted individuals in news these days :thumbdown:

so u want to marry an engineer,eh?what makes u think an engineer can infuse his genes with urs to produce a by-product who is gonna be mathematically productive& calculative??how boring! :laugh:
meetlife said:

HistoRocks said:
If there was one thing I wanted more than anything else, it would be brains. :rolleyes:

You are being sarcastic right? What about figure?? :laugh:

She should be pleasing to eyes, right? :laugh:

Even if you aren't :laugh:

data said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ...that was just a thought..... :laugh:

prady said:
so u want to marry an engineer,eh?what makes u think an engineer can infuse his genes with urs to produce a by-product who is gonna be mathematically productive& calculative??how boring! :laugh:
thanks......for the compliments......that was an eye-opener......guys...relax......I was just joking........ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

soo....whom r u thinking of now........doctors?doctors beware!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
meetlife said:
thanks......for the compliments......that was an eye-opener......guys...relax......I was just joking........ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

prady said:
soo....whom r u thinking of now........doctors?doctors beware!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
A Bengali Dentist.....

prady said:
oh oh!i'm in trouble!sumones targeting me ,i guess! :laugh:
you are honoured...not troubled......bengali babu....

Premedtomed said:
You are being sarcastic right? What about figure?? :laugh:

Figure will gradually decline. One need not have extremely high standards. Moderately slim is sufficient. One does not drink fine wine every time, isn't it?

Premedtomed said:
She should be pleasing to eyes, right?

Pleasing to the eyes, pleasing to the mind, pleasing to the dining experience, and & pleasing to some other places I shall not mention here.

Premedtomed said:
Even if you aren't:laugh:

That is assuming quite a lot there, my friend! Sadly, I think your right. So far, romantic experience has been limited to meditation. I will be a Swamiji, one of these days.

HistoRocks said:
Figure will gradually decline. One need not have extremely high standards. Moderately slim is sufficient. One does not drink fine wine every time, isn't it?

Pleasing to the eyes, pleasing to the mind, pleasing to the dining experience, and & pleasing to some other places I shall not mention here.

That is assuming quite a lot there, my friend! Sadly, I think your right. So far, romantic experience has been limited to meditation. I will be a Swamiji, one of these days.
hahahah!lol! :laugh: :laugh:

Is it just me.....When i think abt what i'd like my future husband to be like...i never thought abt his profession.....but it seems to be a big consideration for some people....(look at the matrimonial ads: chk 'em for my sis)....
Or maybe you guys are just kidding..messing around...heh?

hopeful05 said:
Is it just me.....When i think abt what i'd like my future husband to be like...i never thought abt his profession.....but it seems to be a big consideration for some people....(look at the matrimonial ads: chk 'em for my sis)....
Or maybe you guys are just kidding..messing around...heh?

Nah, it's not just you. I don't have any set profession my future husband has to be... and it's not something I really think about either. As long as he's smarter than me, I don't really care what he does :)

tinkerbelle said:
Nah, it's not just you. I don't have any set profession my future husband has to be... and it's not something I really think about either. As long as he's smarter than me, I don't really care what he does :)

hmm interesting. i think i'd want my husband to be a doctor.. just not a gynocologist....that'd be reallly .... gross.... ....if you guys know what i'm sayin.... :laugh:

saffronrain said:
hmm interesting. i think i'd want my husband to be a doctor.. just not a gynocologist....that'd be reallly .... gross.... ....if you guys know what i'm sayin.... :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yeah!i know what u r talking about!i guess so! :laugh:
saffronrain said:

saffronrain said:
:laugh: :laugh:

most girls prefer doctor men because of their of intelligence rather than their monetary potentials.....however if ur an indian girl, your fam would prefer doctor men because of the latter reason.

most guys have no preference as long as the girl is intelligent and i guess HOT?

Boy did this thread deviate after the first coupla posts...
The last few have kind of gotten back to the topic...
For me personally, I am looking for a doctor wife... I figure we'll have more in common... especially because, you all may know what I'm talking about...
You ever talk to a computer engineer or MBA and while they're talking about their education or job, you blank out and just nod, because honestly, we don't care?
Is that just me or have other people noticed it? The quicker I can get the conversation back to ME or the medical profession, the happier I am...
I know for a fact this p*sses most non-doctors off... In fact this was pointed out to me after I was zoning out while talking to a girl... She was like, "I've noticed all you doctors don't give a squat about non-doctor-related conversation..."
I was like, ummm... nu-uh!
But, yeah... So who cares about tall or fair... as long as she turns you on and is enjoyable to be with, go for it...
With the doctor thing... does anyone really want a housewife? (Read:Trophy)
Sure they're nice to look at... but then what?
I figure, living in the US... as long as you're gonna marry a working woman... might as well marry a doctor... the whole compatibility thing...
But then I guess it just comes down to fate...

Dramkinola said:
Boy did this thread deviate after the first coupla posts...
The last few have kind of gotten back to the topic...
For me personally, I am looking for a doctor wife... I figure we'll have more in common... especially because, you all may know what I'm talking about...
You ever talk to a computer engineer or MBA and while they're talking about their education or job, you blank out and just nod, because honestly, we don't care?
Is that just me or have other people noticed it? The quicker I can get the conversation back to ME or the medical profession, the happier I am...
I know for a fact this p*sses most non-doctors off... In fact this was pointed out to me after I was zoning out while talking to a girl... She was like, "I've noticed all you doctors don't give a squat about non-doctor-related conversation..."
I was like, ummm... nu-uh!
But, yeah... So who cares about tall or fair... as long as she turns you on and is enjoyable to be with, go for it...
With the doctor thing... does anyone really want a housewife? (Read:Trophy)
Sure they're nice to look at... but then what?
I figure, living in the US... as long as you're gonna marry a working woman... might as well marry a doctor... the whole compatibility thing...
But then I guess it just comes down to fate...
That's true, I totally zone out when my engineering friends start talking about their work or school. Their "zeros and ones" are just not interesting :sleep:

rxgal8 said:
That's true, I totally zone out when my engineering friends start talking about their work or school. Their "zeros and ones" are just not interesting :sleep:
Now now... let's not be making fun of binary code. ;) SDN would not be around if the almighty zeroes and ones did not exist.

rxgal8 said:

not all engineers talk about that boring stuff :D

tinkerbelle said:
not all engineers talk about that boring stuff :D
heyyy how are you? :)
yah i know, not all engineers talk about that stuff. my best friend's an engineer, so there are exceptions. i was just messing with the whole zeros/ones thing :D

Whatever happened to -"variety is the spice of life"?
The way I see it...life would be much more interesting and "whole", if i married someone who does something completely diff....coz i can't imagine myself marrying a pharmacist or doctor...what wud we talk abt when it came to work-talk...same ol' stuff....but marrying an engineer or lawyer or anything else would bring something new to the conversation....plus...kids might actually think they have a choice.....both parents being doctors..kindof limits the vision...they would only see one world...
PLus..it would be nice to have someone know how to fix the computer, while the other knows how to take care of the family's health...no? Does anyone see my point...? :p

rxgal8 said:
heyyy how are you? :)
yah i know, not all engineers talk about that stuff. my best friend's an engineer, so there are exceptions. i was just messing with the whole zeros/ones thing :D

hi rxgal :) Yeah, I know you were just teasing :p

tinkerbelle said:
hi rxgal :) Yeah, I know you were just teasing :p
hey tinkerbelle..how r ya???..like ur new "tinkerbell" avatar. :)

desikudi said:
hey tinkerbelle..how r ya???..like ur new "tinkerbell" avatar. :)

hi desikudi :) I guess I haven't been in the Indian forum much lately. There are so many interesting threads in here! How have you been?

Yeah, I thought this new avatar was cute :p

tinkerbelle said:
hi desikudi :) I guess I haven't been in the Indian forum much lately. There are so many interesting threads in here! How have you been?

Yeah, I thought this new avatar was cute :p
Stay awhile Tink, drink some chai, have a laddoo, and post away! :D

hopeful05 said:
Whatever happened to -"variety is the spice of life"?
The way I see it...life would be much more interesting and "whole", if i married someone who does something completely diff....coz i can't imagine myself marrying a pharmacist or doctor...what wud we talk abt when it came to work-talk...same ol' stuff....but marrying an engineer or lawyer or anything else would bring something new to the conversation....plus...kids might actually think they have a choice.....both parents being doctors..kindof limits the vision...they would only see one world...
PLus..it would be nice to have someone know how to fix the computer, while the other knows how to take care of the family's health...no? Does anyone see my point...? :p

I can sort of see your point. But even if you marry another doctor, you'll still have non-medical stuff to talk about. I mean, you must like other things besides medicine.. so talk about those interests. And would you actually be interested in hearing about how your husband/wife spent all day writing code or runng cable wires through some silly office building?

sunny123 said:
Stay awhile Tink, drink some chai, have a laddoo, and post away! :D

That sounds so yummy, sunny :) I wonder if i have any....

tinkerbelle said:
That sounds so yummy, sunny :) I wonder if i have any....
I'll fedex some over ASAP, COD accepted. ;)