HPM Application & Interview Invite Thread 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard from UT Austin?

I ended up canceling a couple of interviews that were at the newest programs. Hope I don't regret it.

Members don't see this ad.

Lol I regret all of my cancellations and a bunch of my withdrawals. But you can't do everything. Interview days are kind of exhausting!

One thing I am glad about is taking the time to interview with iffier programs early. I would definitely recommend that strategy to those who might read this after us. As noted before, some have surprised me, and they've all given me chances to practice honing my answers to their questions, and to develop questions of my own that I now understand matter to me.

7/20 - Uni of Missouri, Tulane University
7/21 - Washington Health System
7/22 - Uni of Kentucky and Bluegrass Care Navigators, Tulane, Dartmouth
7/23 - Uni of Virginia
7/25 - Uni of Buffalo, UTHSC San Antonio, St. Joseph Hospital, Tulane
7/26 - UTRGV SOM, Uni of Arkansas, MUSC, Prisma-USC
7/27 - Cleveland Clinic, Northeast Georgia Medical Center, UCSF Fresno, Wake Forest, University of Michigan
7/28 - UT Health Science Houston, Lincoln Medical (NYC), UICOMP
7/29 - Akron Childrens, NIH/CC (Bethesda),
8/1 - Wash U (BJC/SLCH), Wellstar-Kennestone
8/2 - Stanford, Uni of Alabama Med Ctr, Vanderbilt
8/3 - Zucker SOM (Hofstra/Northwell)
8/4 - Maine Medical Center, Uni of Louisville, Cincinnati Children's, Uni Tennessee Health Science Centre, Nationwide Children's
8/5 - NYU, Uni of Pennsylvania, Harvard, Uni of Wisconsin, Mayo (AZ), Grand Strand, EVMS, Children's Mercy (Univ. of Kansas)
8/8 - Uni of North Carolina (Chapel Hill), Brown University, NYPH, McGaw Northwestern, Uni of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hos., Florida State Uni-Sarasota, Mercy Health Grand Rapids, Rochester
8/9 - Colorado
8/10 - Loma Linda, Kaiser Permanente (L.A.), Stony Brook (Southampton), Yale
8/11 - UCLA, Cedars-Sinai
8/12 - CMC Dallas (UT Southwestern), UT Southwestern (adult track), Lurie Children's (Northwestern)
8/15- UPMC (Altoona), Mayo Clinic (MN), Emory, NYU-LI, Cleveland Clinic (2nd round of invites seen here)
8/16 - Emory (peds track)
8/17 - MD Anderson (Peds), Spartanburg, UPMC (Pittsburgh)
8/18- UMass, Summa Health (Ohio), University Hospitals/Case Western (Ohio), Spectrum Health/Michigan State (peds track), Geisenger (PA)
8/19 - Einstein-Montefiore (NYC), Spectrum Health/Michigan State (adult), University of Minnesota
8/22 - Uni of Michigan/CS Mott Childrens, Uni of Vermont, NYP-Queens,
8/23 - UCSF, Memorial Sloan Kettering
8/24 - Uni of Chicago, MedStar Health/Washington
8/25 - Johns Hopkins, Duke, Albert Einstein (Philadelphia)
8/30 - Virginia Commonwealth, MD Anderson
8/31 - City of Hope (CA)
9/1 - Boston Children's
9/2 - Mayo (FL), University of Washington, Children's Hospital LA
9/6- Mt. Sinai (NY,) UC San Diego, U of Minnestota (peds track/ ? 2nd round of offers)

misc:
8/25 - UCSF (last day of invites?)
8/30 - AdventHealth Orlando (last day of invites)

Rejections (R)/Waitlist (WL)
8/5- Stanford (R)
8/11 - UPenn (WL)
8/17 - Oregon (WL)
8/25 - UCSF (R)
8/29 - Johns Hopkins (R), Phoenix Childrens (WL)
8/30 - Northwestern/Lurie Children's (R)

Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of exhausted by self-congratulatory/-flagellating DEI initiatives in medicine, and it seems like other applicants from all demographics are as well. A valuable question to ask programs might be, “Hey, so, for those of us just getting out of residency, we’ve been hearing about these topics for 7+ years… how is your DEI initiative moving the conversation forward?”

Anyone else have questions you’ve found useful to ask? Or interesting questions you were asked?

Kind of exhausted by self-congratulatory/-flagellating DEI initiatives in medicine, and it seems like other applicants from all demographics are as well. A valuable question to ask programs might be, “Hey, so, for those of us just getting out of residency, we’ve been hearing about these topics for 7+ years… how is your DEI initiative moving the conversation forward?”

Anyone else have questions you’ve found useful to ask? Or interesting questions you were asked?

I’m asking generic questions that are useful or important for me personally (hours, call, comraderie among fellows, etc).

Do it. I emailed the PD directly. Got a few interviews by doing that
I emailed my top program (but the general email for the program, couldn't find the PD's email) and haven't heard back. So sad :(
Got lots of interview invites but it hurts when the one program you really want isn't interested. It is what it is.

Have any peds people heard from All Children’s in St. Pete? Not sure if I missed it in the thread somewhere…

Those who have gone through the HPM fellowship interviews, can you please shed light on the interview process, what should we watch out for, what should we ask, format, etc.
Particularly interested in UC Davis, UCLA, UCSF, UCSF-Fresno, Stanford, Mayo (AZ), Cedars Sinai, UCSD, Loma Linda.

Thanks