Howard University School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MissPharm08, have you received any additional info since returning your acceptance letter?

Members don't see this ad.

No I haven't received anything else yet. Have you?

No. I plan on calling today or tomorrow just to confirm they have my materials in hand if I don't receive an email from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
my interview is at 11am, hotel checkout is 12pm, flight is at 6pm...where am i suppose to leave my luggage?!?

-Keroppiqe
They will let you leave your luggage behind the desk with the secretary.

-Dr. Smith
Did you learn anything new?

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what month Howard will be interviewing until?? April? May? Thanks in advance =)

Hi guys,

Does anyone know until what month Howard will be interviewing until?? April? May? Thanks in advance =)

I hope it's until late March or April. I just received my PCAT score today (1st time took it), which means they won't see my score until the next couple of weeks I think.

I hope it's until late March or April. I just received my PCAT score today (1st time took it), which means they won't see my score until the next couple of weeks I think.

They'll see it sooner. Pharmcas gets the PCAT scores electronically, so schools can see it right away. It may take a week or so for Pharmcas to send out an updated application to Howard. I just don't know how long Howard will take to look at it and get a decision to you by. Good luck:)

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what month Howard will be interviewing until?? April? May? Thanks in advance =)

I would love to know, too.
I'm losing hope now-- when did you apply? I applied really, really late.

i ♥ pharmacy;6305360 said:
I would love to know, too.
I'm losing hope now-- when did you apply? I applied really, really late.

I applied 2 weeks before the deadline. I just received my January PCAT scores, which were WAY better than my OCT ones, so I'm hoping they look at it before it's too late! On the website, they say they take the Jan. PCAT, so I'm crossing my fingers! Have you tried calling them and inquiring about your status?

there are only two ladies who look through your admissions files and are the ones who determine if you get an interview or not: Ms. Sconion and Williams-Fowlkes. they said that there's still a stack of files from the ones who submitted their apps towards the deadlines and are still being reviewed. they did say that they really encourage everyone to submit the apps really early, so those who just submitted it recently shouldn't worry...you'll get your interview invite soon! it just takes time...

I applied 2 weeks before the deadline. I just received my January PCAT scores, which were WAY better than my OCT ones, so I'm hoping they look at it before it's too late! On the website, they say they take the Jan. PCAT, so I'm crossing my fingers! Have you tried calling them and inquiring about your status?

No, I haven't. My PCAT scores in Oct were OK, but I did horrible in Bio. I took it again in January, and my composite went down a by one percentile, but overall, I did better in the math and science sections.

Are you going to call? I wasn't sure if I should, but if it's OK, I will definitely call them.

there are only two ladies who look through your admissions files and are the ones who determine if you get an interview or not: Ms. Sconion and Williams-Fowlkes. they said that there's still a stack of files from the ones who submitted their apps towards the deadlines and are still being reviewed. they did say that they really encourage everyone to submit the apps really early, so those who just submitted it recently shouldn't worry...you'll get your interview invite soon! it just takes time...

Thank you SO much. It gives me a little hope. I live really close to Howard, so it's my first choice. I'm praying I get an interview!

I wasn't planning on applying this year, so it was a last minute decision (my application was submitted the last week).

Has anyone tried calling Howard for a status update?? I called this number - (202) 806-6530 and the lady that answered said they are not allowed to give status updates, nor will they answer any questions. Is anyone else having this problem or did I just catch that lady at a bad time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone tried calling Howard for a status update?? I called this number - (202) 806-6530 and the lady that answered said they are not allowed to give status updates, nor will they answer any questions. Is anyone else having this problem or did I just catch that lady at a bad time?

i spoke to a dude yesterday and he said we should be getting letters in the mail soon. he said the letters already went out. i guess look out for the mail then

i spoke to a dude yesterday and he said we should be getting letters in the mail soon. he said the letters already went out. i guess look out for the mail then

Hey there. Thanks for the reply. Do you know what kind of letters went out?? -- rejection letters w/o interviews? rejection/acceptance AFTER interviews? general update letters? Also, which number did you end up calling? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if Howard has any interviews coming up?

Does anyone know if Howard has any interviews coming up?

That's what I want to know too. :scared:
I have a feeling that the letters that have been sent out are rejections w/out interview.

Oh and also, do they send interview invites only via snail mail or do they email you as well?

Hey there. Thanks for the reply. Do you know what kind of letters went out?? -- rejection letters w/o interviews? rejection/acceptance AFTER interviews? general update letters? Also, which number did you end up calling? Thanks in advance!

i called d 2028066452 number. i haven't received any letter but had an interview on the 15th of January.

Anybody recently get a call for an interview?

This is driving me crazy! :scared:

I emailed them to ask them if there are any up coming interviews and they said they could not give out that information. They will just call when there is an interview. I looked at old threads from this time last year and it seems that people got a call around the 20-21.

I emailed them to ask them if there are any up coming interviews and they said they could not give out that information. They will just call when there is an interview. I looked at old threads from this time last year and it seems that people got a call around the 20-21.

So there IS still hope...
I've been stalking my email lately and now my phone for "good news" messages...Ah, this is driving me nuts!! :eek:

just wondering what was ur scores gpa/pcat to get an interview

Yeah, I'd love to know also!

I think the only thing really holding me back is that I don't have any pharmacy experience, whatsoever.

I just read last year's thread; they did interviews on March 13 and March 27. Hopefully they do something similar this year.

For those that did get interviews, how far in advance did Howard contact you?

i ♥ pharmacy;6358651 said:
I just read last year's thread; they did interviews on March 13 and March 27. Hopefully they do something similar this year.

For those that did get interviews, how far in advance did Howard contact you?
They called me 2 weeks ahead of time (I live in Wisconsin). I turned down the interview a couple days later because I got into my 1st choice school.
GPA = 3.2, PCAT= 86

Hope this helps. Good luck to everyone!

I interviewed on Nov 13th....They called me like at the end of October. I submitted my pharmcas in early August. I still haven't heard anything back yet.

GPA: 2.8
PCAT: 79
4 years of pharmacy experience
B.S in Biological Sciences

Hope this helps!

I interviewed on Nov 13th....They called me like at the end of October. I submitted my pharmcas in early August. I still haven't heard anything back yet.

GPA: 2.8
PCAT: 79
4 years of pharmacy experience
B.S in Biological Sciences

Hope this helps!

Wow! That's crazy.

i interviewd on february 26th and i got my interview invite in the beginning of february. i submitted my application in the beginning of october. at the interview they told us they would interview a small number of students for the next round, since many people didn't have their pcat scores yet. hope this helps!

pcat: 71, (math, bio, and chem were in the 80's somewhere)
gpa: 3.012
bs: psychobiology
experience: hospital, retail, and abroad

btw, did anyone who interviewed on feb 26th hear anything yet??

I was just offered an interview today for the 25th of March. I couldn't believe that they were still interviewing. However, they said that the 25th was the last interview date. Keep hope alive!!!

I was just offered an interview today for the 25th of March. I couldn't believe that they were still interviewing. However, they said that the 25th was the last interview date. Keep hope alive!!!

Same here! I think it's great, I was starting to wonder about it since I didn't apply early. Good luck everyone.

Same here! I think it's great, I was starting to wonder about it since I didn't apply early. Good luck everyone.

Are you familiar with the DC area? I am from Atlanta and I know nothing..the last time I was in DC was in 5th grade for a class trip...lol!!

Wow, that's so crazy. I just spoke to someone yesterday and he said that interviews was not going to be over anytime soon and that they didn't even go through all the applications yet.

Congrats on your interview offers! :)

Has anyone who interviewed late last month, Feb, heard anyhting yet? One more question, How long did it take, for those of you that got in , to hear back after the interview? 3-5 weeks? Is that right..............? Gracias

Are you familiar with the DC area? I am from Atlanta and I know nothing..the last time I was in DC was in 5th grade for a class trip...lol!!

ehh well I'm from MD so I know Maryland alright but I haven't gone to DC all that often. I'm planning on getting directions and stuff from my dad, he works at howard's hospital and knows his way around DC pretty well. I figure I'll take the metro there on the 25th since I really don't want to mess with DC traffic.

i ♥ pharmacy;6376253 said:
Do you mind sharing when you applied?

yeah... when I said not early I meant really not early :laugh:, I think I e-submitted the pharmcas application like... 1 or 2 days before the dec 1st deadline. I was having a lot of doubts about applying last yr(only decided to do pharmacy late last summer) since my GPA was pretty low and I still needed to (re)take some classes, get letters of recc. take the PCAT etc. so it took me awhile to get everything together and get an application in. but...I did eventually get it in :)

^^^ please elaborate on the traffic situation. i have an interview on the 25th that i will not be late for!

also where can i park on campus?

i ♥ pharmacy;6376253 said:
Do you mind sharing when you applied?

Hey, how you doin'? I interviewed last month feb 26, turned in all my items to PHarmcas mid NOV 07. and got an email from Pharmcas mid Dec, informing me that all items were received. I too got in my items late, but bcause of finacial reasons, just beat the deadline to Howard.

Now just waiting to see if I get in or not.:confused::eek::scared::idea::(:mad:

Last week I received a response from Howard University. They placed my name on waiting List.

I was interviewed on January 15, 2008.

mine was a day before yours on the 25th; i havent heard anything from them yet and am still checking mail everyday; :sleep:
How big was your interview group? My group was only five people strong, including myself.

My interview is that date as well. I'm from Georgia too. What time is your interview?

My interview is that date as well. I'm from Georgia too. What time is your interview?

I am in the 11:00 group. What about you? I am hoping that the interview follows the same format that other people have posted in the interview feedback section.

I am in the 11:00 group. What about you? I am hoping that the interview follows the same format that other people have posted in the interview feedback section.

I'm in the 11 group too. I hope everything runs smoothly because I'm flying back that evening. How are you getting to the school from your hotel?

I'm in the 11 group too. I hope everything runs smoothly because I'm flying back that evening. How are you getting to the school from your hotel?
I do too. I am also flying out that evening. I am just going to take a cab to the school. My hotel is only 4 miles away in Georgetown so it shouldn't be too expensive. What about you? Are you flying to and from Dulles?

I do too. I am also flying out that evening. I am just going to take a cab to the school. My hotel is only 4 miles away in Georgetown so it shouldn't be too expensive. What about you? Are you flying to and from Dulles?
I'm flying out of Reagen...its only 3 miles from the school. Dulles is almost an hour from the school because its actually in VA and not in the city. Reagen is directly in the city. I hope you can make your flight. My mom booked a hotel that's like two miles away from the school. I don't know if I should take a cab or the metro.

I'm flying out of Reagen...its only 3 miles from the school. Dulles is almost an hour from the school because its actually in VA and not in the city. Reagen is directly in the city. I hope you can make your flight. My mom booked a hotel that's like two miles away from the school. I don't know if I should take a cab or the metro.

Oh. I am flying into Reagan too. In the above post I meant Reagan not Dulles and didn't notice until I read ur reply. Well, I guess I will see you Tuesday. Good Luck!