How many licks does it take? The 20 questions game thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is it an archipeligo?, idk how to spell it :confused::rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

is it an archipeligo?, idk how to spell it :confused::rolleyes:
The place that I'm thinking of is not an archipelago. The nearby islands that I was referring to, however, are an archipelago

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it in the Great Lakes?
No. It is located in a far larger body of water.

For the record, I believe that was question #13. If I had more time I would give a recap, but I am very busy this week. Sorry!

Is it in North America?
No, it's not in North America. The location of this place is in a body of water that has a greater surface area than North America.

6 questions remaining.

1) It is not SDN
2) It is not a virtual place
3) It is not a spiritual place
4) It is not found in an urban setting or in a rural setting
5) It is not a building
6) It is in the waters
7) Not a coral reef
8) Not the city of Atlantis
9) It is not a sewage plant but has been proposed as a disposal site for some type of material
10) It is a concrete place (should always be able to find it in the same location).
11) It is not an island, but does share its name with nearby islands.
12) It is not an archipelago. The nearby islands that were referred to in #11 do form an archipelago.
13) It is not in the Great Lakes and is located in a far larger body of water.
14) It it not in North America but located in a body of water whose surface area is greater than the surface area of North America.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it the deepest trench in the world, about 2,550 kilometres (1,580 mi) long with a mean width of 69 kilometres (43 mi) and reaches a maximum-known depth of about 10.91 kilometres (6.78 mi) at the Challenger Deep, a small slot-shaped valley in its floor, at its southern end,[2] although some unrepeated measurements place the deepest portion at 11.03 kilometres (6.85 mi)?

According to wiki that is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariana_Trench#cite_note-mariana_britannica-2http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariana_Trench#cite_note-mariana_britannica-2

I'm never going to get this.

Is it the deepest trench in the world, about 2,550 kilometres (1,580 mi) long with a mean width of 69 kilometres (43 mi) and reaches a maximum-known depth of about 10.91 kilometres (6.78 mi) at the Challenger Deep, a small slot-shaped valley in its floor, at its southern end,[2] although some unrepeated measurements place the deepest portion at 11.03 kilometres (6.85 mi)?

According to wiki that is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariana_Trench#cite_note-mariana_britannica-2http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariana_Trench#cite_note-mariana_britannica-2
Ding Ding Ding!

You had to use wiki for that? I thought the entirety of your post was common knowledge??? :smuggrin:

So obviously it is the Miriana Trench. Good one. OK my turn.

If we are using person pace or thing this would be called a thing. Or possibly a person, but that is not how I am intending it to be used.

Ding Ding Ding!

You had to use wiki for that? I thought the entirety of your post was common knowledge??? :smuggrin:

I knew it when Owle mentioned the ocean and the islands. But didn't want to be the type of person who will just "shout" the answer.

So obviously it is the Miriana Trench. OK my turn.

If we are using person pace or thing this would be called a thing. Or possibly a person, but that is not how I am intending it to be used.

Is it electronic?

So obviously it is the Miriana Trench. OK my turn.

Is it used by humans?

I really thought people would get this before I went to bed. Well, one person in particular.

I love that we resurrected this thread so successfully.

is it a wand?? a magic wand?

So is anyone actually going to start one? I've got one if no one wants to take their turn.

Ok.

Person, Place, or Thing: I would classify it as a Thing.