How many licks does it take? The 20 questions game thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Alright recap time. Category is Animal.

1) Not a research animal (i.e., not a mouse/rat).
2) Not a badger
3) Does not have 4 legs
4) Lives in the water
5) Not a worm
6) Does not have gills
7) Not a mammal
8) It is not very small but it isn't always easy to see
9) Not nocturnal

Does it have a one-way opening as in it's digestive system and excretion system is through one opening? I forgot the vocabulary for this.....

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't believe you. An underwater animal that isn't a mammal and doesn't have gills? How does it breath?

It is a reptile or amphibian?
Lol. It for sure isn't a mammal. It does fall under the kingdom Animalia, however. I had to do some looking around on the gills. It consumes oxygen in a similar manner as gills would, but it doesn't physically have gills.

Does it have a one-way opening as in it's digestive system and excretion system is through one opening? I forgot the vocabulary for this.....
Not a snake.

Not a baby.

8 questions remain.

I don't believe you. An underwater animal that isn't a mammal and doesn't have gills? How does it breath?

It is a reptile or amphibian?

Sorry, you must have added this. No it is not a reptile or amphibian.

7 questions left.

I'll leave it at 8 questions since I didn't see Owle's question of reptile or amphibian before answering Neena's question of whether it's a snake or not.

8 questions remain!

You make this very difficult to answer questions when you switch them.

From what I have found on this animal's features is that it lacks an excretory system and have found sources that say it lacks a true digestive tract but does have a digestive cavity open at one end.

It is a jellyfish. I was thinking of a specific species, though. Should I let it slide and dub Kansas Pharmer the winner?

Ok. Kansas Pharmer you win! It would be too difficult to determine the correct species.

200px-Marinesting1.jpg

I had to post this. The jelly fish I was thinking of was the sea wasp!

200px-Marinesting1.jpg

I had to post this. The jelly fish I was thinking of was the sea wasp!

OK... You are from WI right? What do you know about jellyfish?? :confused:

PS - I would have never guessed sea wasp even though I lived on the water for 6 years... :D

OK... You are from WI right? What do you know about jellyfish?? :confused:

PS - I would have never guessed sea wasp even though I lived on the water for 6 years... :D
Yea I am from WI. The only thing I know about jellyfish is what it feels like to get stung by one and whatever the internet tells me about them. So one might say I know a lot about them.

I actually chose it because box jellyfish was mentioned on the halloween episode of The Office and I did some reading up on it.

Yea I am from WI. The only thing I know about jellyfish is what it feels like to get stung by one and whatever the internet tells me about them. So one might say I know a lot about them.

I actually chose it because box jellyfish was mentioned on the halloween episode of The Office and I did some reading up on it.

LOL!!! Sounds like as good a reason as any... :thumbup:

No.

Neither.

No.

No.

Are they mutually exclusive? ;)

(Didn't mean to keep you guys hangin'.)

I'm pretty sure anything blends in the blendtec blender. So you answered wrong...unless it can't fit in the blender ;)
so, does it fit?
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure anything blends in the blendtec blender. So you answered wrong...unless it can't fit in the blender ;)
so, does it fit?

Aha, I didn't know about that meme. Is the idea that anything can be blended by the Blendtec Blender, no matter of its material? In which case, the answer depends on the Blendtec Blender model and on the size of the individual instance of the item I am thinking of. Some instances of this item will fit, but I don't think most will unless you mash them down as they blend.

ETA: If it will blend an X-Box 360 Kinect, a skeleton, a yard lamp, superglue, and a kicking tee, then it is physically possible to blend this item. :laugh:

Last edited:
nice description , and people will get these things soon

Person, place, or thing? It's a "thing."
1) It's not a drug.
2) You don't eat it
3) It's not Valentine's related.
4) You don't wear it.
5) It blends, although whether it fits into the blender depends on model of blender and size of the individual item. You could probably break / push it into the blender as it gets blended down.
5a) Some instances of the item will fit in the Blendtec Blender, but I don't think most would fit outright.
5b) Demanding & needy are not mutually exclusive. ;)
6) It is man-made.
7) It is not a common household item.
8) It is not electronic in nature.

Would foreigners have any idea what this item is?