How do you cope with people you HATE in your group?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

footcloud

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't stand this person in my rotation group....just the sight of them makes me want to vomit. How do you cope? =(

Members don't see this ad.

Straight up REDRUM!

I can't stand this person in my rotation group....just the sight of them makes me want to vomit. How do you cope? =(

I have been struggling with this same problem except I HATE 2 people on my team.
I've gotten the whole "kill 'em with kindness" bs advice but there is no use. They still treat me like crap.
One of them doesn't like anybody so I can't blame myself but the other one has gradually gotten more and more evil. Not sure why.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea this person lies through their teeth and does gossip trains. Staring at them is like watching a manipulative scheming soap opera villain.

What if you can't steer clear or kill them with kindness? *sighs*

The general rule with manipulative med students is that if its obvious to you, it's really obvious to the residents.

So,
power through and hope for better luck next month.
This.

I'm talking about an intern and a resident, haha not fellow medical students. Shoulda made that clear. These ppl are grading me which is why it's bothering me.

It's not worth it to start anything w/ a superior who is grading you. At the time it may be painful, but afterwards you will quickly forget it. OTOH, if you start to 'stand up for yourself', it may backfire and it may bite you in the behind.

Take a second to think about all the nice and cool residents you get to work with. You can't have only the good ones and not the bad apples, life doesn't work that way, esp in such a hierarchical field such as medical training. Like Depakote says, next month will be better and in the future if you will be on the service, talk to the secretary beforehand and request not to work w/ that person. But I would advise to 'turn the other cheek', not worth it.

Of course, if we're talking sexual harrassment or something blatantly against the law then you should report it...

I'm talking about other students. It's hard to power through when you have to see them for the ENTIRE YEAR. I guess in the end, power through? Lol...

I'm talking about other students. It's hard to power through when you have to see them for the ENTIRE YEAR. I guess in the end, power through? Lol...

How big is your school? You're with the same students for the whole year?

Not very big. Well you have your group right...so you're with them. Although you might be in different places, but you have all the teaching, etc. with them.

I have been struggling with this same problem except I HATE 2 people on my team.
I've gotten the whole "kill 'em with kindness" bs advice but there is no use. They still treat me like crap.
One of them doesn't like anybody so I can't blame myself but the other one has gradually gotten more and more evil. Not sure why.

The problem with killing people with kindness is they very seldom die.

The problem with killing people with kindness is they very seldom die.

:laugh::roflcopter::whistle::rofl:

I do whatever I can to just get through it with crappy residents/attendings, but this is why I say "mess with the bull and you're going to get the horns" to gunner-y co-students who attempt to throw me under the bus.