Reaction score
I am going to appear OAT on coming october.February exam I got 320AA/320TC
Quantitative reasoning 300
Reading comprehension 310
Physics 340
Biology 300
General chem 320
Organic chem 320
HOW CAN I REACH UPTO 360 FOR TOTAL SCIENCE?

Members don't see this ad.

sijimolsujoy said:
I am going to appear OAT on coming october.February exam I got 320AA/320TC
Quantitative reasoning 300
Reading comprehension 310
Physics 340
Biology 300
General chem 320
Organic chem 320
HOW CAN I REACH UPTO 360 FOR TOTAL SCIENCE?

Have you tried the online MCQs on the Kaplan Web site. You don't even have to go to their building anymore. YOu can sign up and practice mcqs.

Hi ,
I am new to this forum .Planning to give OAT's this October too . Just wandering what books r u using for OAT preparation , I am kind of confused ....

dm2005 said:
Hi ,
I am new to this forum .Planning to give OAT's this October too . Just wandering what books r u using for OAT preparation , I am kind of confused ....

you should be able to find KAPLAN oat notes for sale online, i took the course (waste of time.money IMO) but the material itself is well covered in the book. the most helpful was actually what i learned in my university classes! too bad we dont remember any of it! your old notes especially if you got MC questions for general bio and chem should be helpful. long story short, buy kaplan review notes or mcat review notes , make sure you dust off some of those SAT math books! the math is pretty damn hard, well hard in the sense we havent done it in a long time and they take a long time to do.

bio: your text book!
chem: practice problems you got in class
physics: mcat problems!
math: sat math (though alot are different, the OAT booklet provides fair examples)
reading: mcat/sat reading

at least that is how i studied for it, i studies on and off for about a month and just my luck the FEB oat was on the week where i had two midterms at school! hehe i didnt do GREAT but ok (330) thxs to my terrific verbal score of 260, (what can i say im asian =P)

good luck!
PS: just my experience talking with some ppl that took the DAT online, taking it on paper is advantageous because of the ability to write directly on the test, allowing for quicker checking of answers, in the math portion of hte OAT i can see this being a even bigger advantage as its very easy to make a mistake if you do not set up your equations properly!

Members don't see this ad :)
The Kaplan stuff really helps; I had the materials but didn't take the course. Their workshops and practice exams are tough but good prep, especially for the science material.

I also liked the TopScore CD. If you reload the CD after doing all the tests, you can redo them from scratch (w/o your previous answers already listed). The physics portion is not very indicative of the real OAT (too much electric field, flux junk), but I thought the other portions were really good.

The "blue book" (the only OAT book I could find on amazon) was not great, but it did have a practice test (not complete) and a raw-to-scaled score conversion chart in the back. You can probably find that at the public library and just make copies of that stuff.

Good luck! I really think practice tests are the best way to improve your score if your foundation is pretty good.

-p.dot

What about Examcrackers for MCAT book? are they great for the science sections?

The Kaplan OAT Prep book that I got with the course is word for word the exact same as the Kaplan MCAT practice book that you can buy in the store. Buy it, it helps alot. The Bio section is a little lacking, I would use your past notes and text book for this.

I used Kaplan's review notes and practice test and ended up with a 360 TS and 340 Overall. Kaplans practice tests help alot. It is much more involved that the atual test it self. Therefore, the actual test seems like a breeze when you take it. The hardest part on the OAT was the QR (for me at least). I really cant think of any good ways to study for that section.

Hey guys I need some advice; I scored a 290 twice; I have a 3.6 GPA, have been working in a doc's (OD) office for 3 years. Currently I am working 115 HRS. So there is no way I can take the time to study for it again. What are my chances for applying and getting in, any school other than Puerto Rico , me espanol es no goodo,

THanks