OAT retake score improved!

Glaucisxtra

Reaction score
Ive posted about my huge disappointment in my OAT test few months back.
I applied to a lot of schools. I got put on hold for most of them because my OAT scores were low.
I got interviewed at Salus just to be told to retake my OAT.

My first OAT scores:
QR 260
RC 260
Bio 260
Chem 280
Ochem 290
Physics 300

Retake OAT scores today (1/15/19):
QR 280
RC 300
Bio 300
Chem 330
Ochem330
Physics 320

I believe my retake was more difficult than my first attempt.
I wanted to share this with everyone because during my studies I would read through these posts and they would actually be beneficial so hopefully some one finds this post helpful.

My biggest advice to you if you are currently studying is to TAKE AS MANY PRACTICE EXAMS AS YOU CAN!!! I remember telling my self after my first oat that if i was going to retake it, I was only going to do practice problems and thats all i basically did.

for about 2 months, every single day I would do work on questions. I bought a laminated paper and sharpie like they give you at the testing center and I would just work on questions.

I took about 6 full length practice exams.
I did not take notes for anything other than Mnemonics for biology and some physics equations.

QR: I was never good at math and im not surprised at the score. I used Greenlight Test Prep | Comprehensive GRE video course for some videos on how to solve the new quantitative comparison question.

Bio: theres a free app called MCAT prep that i used on my phone. it was helpfull because its quick and easy just click what you think the answer is and an explanation is provided.

O chem and gen chem: chads quizs. all free on deatthedat.com VERY HELPFUL

Physics: DATbootcamp. all free also!! so many questions with amazing explanation. very helpful!! (google DAT physics). I would not get caught on too complicated calculations. a lot of conceptual questions.

Other free practice question banks I found good and helful:
Practicequiz.com (take the DAT practice questions. they are the same thing)
Dental Admissions Test Mastery - Home <-- This site is amazing also!
an app called RXN Cards for organic.
an app called Organic Chemistry Flashcards.

All the resources I used were free. I didnt pay for anything.
Also. DAT bootcamp has the solutions to the DAT practice exam with good explanations!
I hope this was helpful for some one.

Sry this was longer than I thought It would be.
Ask me anythig you want!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on your new score! I also improved from my previous score but you improved A LOT! Salus accepted me a week ago and I know with these scores they will definitely accept you too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your new score! I also improved from my previous score but you improved A LOT! Salus accepted me a week ago and I know with these scores they will definitely accept you too!
Hey how long did it take salus to send you your acceptance? Was it via email or regular mail?

I meant how long after your OAT retake. Did they email you anything after or did you just wait it out for the acceptance in the mail?
more than a month till the score got verified and christmas break came too. They sent an email and then a mail later. You can fax them your scores to make it faster. But they told me they recieved no fax. So had to wait till the scores got verified.

more than a month till the score got verified and christmas break came too. They sent an email and then a mail later. You can fax them your scores to make it faster. But they told me they recieved no fax. So had to wait till the scores got verified.
Oh wow that’s a long time. I emailed them a copy of my unofficial scores and they acknowledged receipt of it. I’m just hoping they give me an answer soon before I make my trips out to other interviews. Thanks for your help though :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I was wondering what your scores were when you retook the OAT?