Has anyone heard anything from Midwestern-CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You could always use one to watch tv shows/movies while you're studying on the other at the same time! Lol, I know I might fall into this trap anyway. :laugh:

Lol, I was in the market for a laptop anyways. I have a netbook and a desktop computer I built. Im glad I found out about this program before I bought a new laptop lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Lol, I was in the market for a laptop anyways. I have a netbook and a desktop computer I built. Im glad I found out about this program before I bought a new laptop lol.

Same here, except I didn't build my computer. Too much work! I see what the bf goes through each time he upgrades every six months (albeit not everyone upgrades that often). Plus he makes me help him sometimes too. Ugh. :lame: But I commend you for being patient enough to do it!

Same here, except I didn't build my computer. Too much work! I see what the bf goes through each time he upgrades every six months (albeit not everyone upgrades that often). Plus he makes me help him sometimes too. Ugh. :lame: But I commend you for being patient enough to do it!

Lol, thanks. I definitely dont update as much as he does. Infact, I haven't upgraded it since I made it this summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything from interviews held at the beginning of Dec? I am getting so anxious!

Does anybody know if accepted students will be receiving a packet from the school?? I have paid my deposit but I haven't received anything from the school yet.

Also, does anybody have an access to the e-mail account? somehow I can't log in to my e-mail account.

Plus, Can anybody explain in detail about the laptop issue?

Thanks! :)

Does anybody know if accepted students will be receiving a packet from the school?? I have paid my deposit but I haven't received anything from the school yet.

Also, does anybody have an access to the e-mail account? somehow I can't log in to my e-mail account.

Plus, Can anybody explain in detail about the laptop issue?

Thanks! :)

http://mwumail.midwestern.edu/

That is for the webmail. Portal should give you information on how to get your webmail account set up. The log in should be the same information as your portal account. I don't know about the packet information, but Im sure they will be sending us more information when the orientation date comes closer. Right now, the important stuff is fafsa.

People seem to be unsure of what is going on with the laptop issue. Id also like to know more info on this.

http://mwumail.midwestern.edu/

That is for the webmail. Portal should give you information on how to get your webmail account set up. The log in should be the same information as your portal account. I don't know about the packet information, but Im sure they will be sending us more information when the orientation date comes closer. Right now, the important stuff is fafsa.

People seem to be unsure of what is going on with the laptop issue. Id also like to know more info on this.

Every time I click on that link a toolbar comes up and asks for my username and password. I enter the same ones used for the portal account and yet it keeps on saying "access denied". But when I log in to my portal account everything is working just fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

Every time I click on that link a toolbar comes up and asks for my username and password. I enter the same ones used for the portal account and yet it keeps on saying "access denied". But when I log in to my portal account everything is working just fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

If you accepted the matriculation agreement then you should have access, but if you're having problems I would email Kerry directly at [email protected].

Yeah I'm having the exact same problem- please let me know if you find a solution for it :) I'll do the same. BTW, I've sent an e-mail to Kerry.

Mine worked just fine once I accepted and paid the deposit. I want to know when is the earliest we could apply for financial aid.

According to the student portal, you can apply for it starting January through FAFSA, so I assumed we can apply starting January 1st.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the process one takes to apply for scholarships and other forms of aide once we get our 2009 W2 paperwork? I plan on filling out fafsa asap to get a package made asap.

Have you tried calling? They are probably closed by now for the holidays so maybe call around the 3rd for more dates?
I know last year they interviewed through feb at least so its probably around the same this year
Has anyone been offered dates for January? I am still waiting for them to offer me more dates...

I am trying to see what the timeframe is for being offered an interview. I have seen some applicants recieve an interview invite in as few as four days while others received their invite at about the one month mark. Would love to hear other's timeframes. My info:

E-submitted 12/8
GPA Calc 12/28
Pharmcas Mailed to Midwestern 1/4 (i hope it was fedexed not actually mailed)
Supplemental submitted 1/4
Waiting for Midwestern's portal to show they have received my LORs, right now they say expected.
Waiting to hear if I receive an interview invite.

What do you think the point (date) of no return is? One month past the supplemental submission date seems to be what I have seen. Did anyone receive an interview invite more than one month beyond the date of their supplemental submission to Midwestern?

Last edited:
I am trying to see what the timeframe is for being offered an interview. I have seen some applicants recieve an interview invite in as few as four days while others received their invite at about the one month mark. Would love to hear other's timeframes. My info:

E-submitted 12/8
GPA Calc 12/28
Pharmcas Mailed to Midwestern 1/4 (i hope it was fedexed not actually mailed)
Supplemental submitted 1/4
Waiting for Midwestern's portal to show they have received my LORs, right now they say expected.
Waiting to hear if I receive an interview invite.

What do you think the point (date) of no return is? One month past the supplemental submission date seems to be what I have seen. Did anyone receive an interview invite more than one month beyond the date of their supplemental submission to Midwestern?

One month is about right. I submitted my application to PharmCAS mid August and received an invitation to interview September 18th.

Could I ask how long was the timeframe from your supplemental submission to Midwestern to invitation invite date?

Hey guys and gals. I got an interview invite today and would like some feedback on whether you think I should attend or not. Just to provide some background, I am from Maryland and have been accepted to a similarly priced out of state private school already. Midwestern ranks in the middle of my choices, perhaps a spot below the school I have been accepted to (Mercer).

Pros of attending: Might fall in love with the school and be accepted. Interview practice for my top choices.

Cons of attending: $$$. Might think the school is equal to Mercer and have a difficult time choosing between the two.

Anyway, all I ask is... What would you do?

Hi all! My student checklist claims that they have received my PCAT score and supplemental app but still shows my LORs as not being received but instead expected. I have been assuming this designation "expected" is because they either have not received the PHARMCAS mailed application or they have received it but have not gotten to it yet to mark the LORs as received yet. Do these assumptions seem correct to those of you who have already been through the process ? Or is it possible that "expected" is there to mean they expect to receive them still. I want to know if I should give it another few days or if I should call them to see why if they have received my PHARMCAS app they did not receive the 3 LORs that were a part of my app. Sorry to be so anal....just must dot all my i s and cross all my t s.

Also, UNCbiograd, could you possibly tell me when you submitted to PHARMCAS and what your supp app date was? Sorry I can't be of any help answering your questions as Midwestern is my first choice.

Hi all! My student checklist claims that they have received my PCAT score and supplemental app but still shows my LORs as not being received but instead expected. I have been assuming this designation "expected" is because they either have not received the PHARMCAS mailed application or they have received it but have not gotten to it yet to mark the LORs as received yet. Do these assumptions seem correct to those of you who have already been through the process ? Or is it possible that "expected" is there to mean they expect to receive them still. I want to know if I should give it another few days or if I should call them to see why if they have received my PHARMCAS app they did not receive the 3 LORs that were a part of my app. Sorry to be so anal....just must dot all my i s and cross all my t s.

Also, UNCbiograd, could you possibly tell me when you submitted to PHARMCAS and what your supp app date was? Sorry I can't be of any help answering your questions as Midwestern is my first choice.

I would wait because your obviously know your LOR are part of your PharmCAS app, which they received. The same thing happened to me. It takes a bit for them to update it. Also, on the portal it will not show all of the recommendations, just two. I had to call them about this because I had submitted 4 recommendation and the portal listed just two. I asked them which letters they would read, and they said they would look at all of them even though only 2 are listed.

Submitted PharmCAS in late October. Supplemental sent Nov. 5th. It showed I was missing a reference letter for a week and then showed up so everything was completed Nov. 12th.

So far I am leaning ~60% toward declining the interview...

What would the going price for an interview at Midwestern U fetch do you think? LOL.

I would probably do the same thing. Rank them in order of first to last. If I received an accept for say #3 I would not continue on with the process for anything under #3.

The upside is you can stop the rollercoaster ride sooner and concentrate on finishing classes and gearing up for the next phase of your educational life. Also, you can save money by not trekking around the country for unnecessary interviews.

The downside is that you might very well miss out on the best school for you since you have not had a chance to really see your choices up close and personal. I like to nail down my situation rather than have things be in up in the air any longer then they have to be. So, if it was me I would drop all schools below my highest acceptance...but that is just me....you might be more adventurous and have deeper pockets...or more credit to burn. ; )

I would probably do the same thing. Rank them in order of first to last. If I received an accept for say #3 I would not continue on with the process for anything under #3.

The upside is you can stop the rollercoaster ride sooner and concentrate on finishing classes and gearing up for the next phase of your educational life. Also, you can save money by not trekking around the country for unnecessary interviews.

The downside is that you might very well miss out on the best school for you since you have not had a chance to really see your choices up close and personal. I like to nail down my situation rather than have things be in up in the air any longer then they have to be. So, if it was me I would drop all schools below my highest acceptance...but that is just me....you might be more adventurous and have deeper pockets...or more credit to burn. ; )

I did the same thing. I had been invited to interview at 10 schools, but since I got into my top choice I declined 6 of them. :thumbup:

So I have officially committed to MWU CCP. I am in the process of figuring my future living arrangements. If there is anyone on here interested in finding an apartment let me know. I have been browsing around online and it is significantly cheaper than dorming. Let me know if you are interested.

How much is living costs off campus?

How much is living costs on campus? (dorms)?

I received an interview letter but I am debating if I should go. I got accepted to Lecomm in Florida.... The debating process beings....

How much is living costs off campus?

How much is living costs on campus? (dorms)?

I received an interview letter but I am debating if I should go. I got accepted to Lecomm in Florida.... The debating process beings....

I have seen 2 bedroom apartments in the area from 900-1200 a month. Dorms are variable they end up being 650-850 a month.

Good luck to everyone interviewing with Midwestern CCP. I received an invitation email and I have decided not to go.

Hey everyone, still no word on the early Dec. interviews? I was mid-Dec. so I'm starting to get a little anxious. I have a second interview with LECOM at the end of the month but I would probably cancel it if I'm accepted at Midwestern...

For those of you who have interviewed at Midwestern University CCP, how was the group interview? For the two interviews I have had so far, I was interviewed individually. Did it feel as if you had to compete to answer the questions? How different is it from an individual interview?

I also interviewed early/mid Dec and am still waiting to hear something.... I am getting VERY anxious!

Hey everyone, still no word on the early Dec. interviews? I was mid-Dec. so I'm starting to get a little anxious. I have a second interview with LECOM at the end of the month but I would probably cancel it if I'm accepted at Midwestern...

For those of you who have interviewed at Midwestern University CCP, how was the group interview? For the two interviews I have had so far, I was interviewed individually. Did it feel as if you had to compete to answer the questions? How different is it from an individual interview?

It definitely did not feel like a competitive environment. They gave my group the option to volunteer to answer first. I wanted to make sure I wasn't stumped if people had great answers before me, so I always went first lol.

To me the pressure was distributed throughout the group, so I felt less pressured during a group interview versus individual interviews. It will help for you to be social when you arrive. Talk to the other interviewees and get comfortable with them. If they happen to be in your group for the interview you will be glad you got to know them.

I am also wondering the same thing. My friend and I are very anxious to find out if she has been accepted or not!

anyone?....anyone....buehler...buehler?

I know they say no news is good news but I am thinking that just doesn't apply here.

anyone?....anyone....buehler...buehler?

I know they say no news is good news but I am thinking that just doesn't apply here.

Well at least you know that nothing official's been decided yet since nobody else seems to have gotten notice.

It definitely did not feel like a competitive environment. They gave my group the option to volunteer to answer first. I wanted to make sure I wasn't stumped if people had great answers before me, so I always went first lol.

To me the pressure was distributed throughout the group, so I felt less pressured during a group interview versus individual interviews. It will help for you to be social when you arrive. Talk to the other interviewees and get comfortable with them. If they happen to be in your group for the interview you will be glad you got to know them.

Total opposite for me actually. I felt that the group interviews were EXTREMELY competitive. I was actually so intimidated by the competitive environment that I felt that at the end of the interview I had failed horribly and had no chance. I guess it's just different for how each person perceives things, but I definitely felt that everybody in the group was analyzing each others answers and trying to find ways to look better and more unique than the rest. And in my case, I felt more pressure to deliver since I could hear everybody else's answers and compare them to mine. For me, in an individual interview I can focus on myself and not worry about another person, which is probably why I was under so much stress. This was just me though, and the same experience could be different for someone else.

Total opposite for me actually. I felt that the group interviews were EXTREMELY competitive. I was actually so intimidated by the competitive environment that I felt that at the end of the interview I had failed horribly and had no chance. I guess it's just different for how each person perceives things, but I definitely felt that everybody in the group was analyzing each others answers and trying to find ways to look better and more unique than the rest. And in my case, I felt more pressure to deliver since I could hear everybody else's answers and compare them to mine. For me, in an individual interview I can focus on myself and not worry about another person, which is probably why I was under so much stress. This was just me though, and the same experience could be different for someone else.

When did you interview? I just had mine on the 13th. I actually liked the group interview, but I heard others say the same thing that you said.

Does anyone know how long we have to make a decision if we are accepted? $1,000 is not a small amount of money. :oops:

When did you interview? I just had mine on the 13th. I actually liked the group interview, but I heard others say the same thing that you said.

Does anyone know how long we have to make a decision if we are accepted? $1,000 is not a small amount of money. :oops:

The committee meets once a month. You might have to wait a month because the meeting this month will decide the fate for those who interviewed in December.

I was in the first group on Sep 30th. You have a month from the day that they offer you an acceptance.

Has anyone who interviewed in December heard back yet? Aren't we into week five + at this point?

Remember also that the school's been on holiday for about two weeks (Dec 12th-27th), so the standard month-long wait does not apply. I would think that a six week wait is more likely. Just hang in there guys, I know that this is a nerve-wracking experience!

Remember also that the school's been on holiday for about two weeks (Dec 12th-27th), so the standard month-long wait does not apply. I would think that a six week wait is more likely. Just hang in there guys, I know that this is a nerve-wracking experience!

Yea I was thinking the same thing, so hopefully we hear something at the end of the week. I wonder if the early Dec. people are going to be reviewed together with us mid Dec. interviewees. Ahhh i just wanna know already!