Has anyone heard anything from Midwestern-CCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone checked their online portal? I just checked right now and found out I'm accepted. Now time to wait for the actual letter to be sent home. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Yep! Thanks to you, I checked and found out that I'm accepted too!

Members don't see this ad :)

hey pepperjack congrats! i found out i was accepted the night before you. i randomly checked my portal & thought i was hallucinating lol i was waitlisted for about a month too. i was wondering if you had received a phone call or snail mail letter yet. i have no cell reception at work so im wondering if they called or not.

hey pepperjack congrats! i found out i was accepted the night before you. i randomly checked my portal & thought i was hallucinating lol i was waitlisted for about a month too. i was wondering if you had received a phone call or snail mail letter yet. i have no cell reception at work so im wondering if they called or not.

Congratulations to you too, Josepharm! No, I haven't received a phone call or snail mail yet. My guess is that we'll probably get the letter in the next few days, but then again things might be slow because of Memorial Day.

LOL, I'm with you on the hallucinating part. I came back from a run and was trying to cool off, checked the portal and my jaw just dropped.

I'm curious how we'll get financial aid since the May 14 deadline already passed.

Has anyone received their financial award letter yet?

I haven't received mine yet. MWU is horrible at responding to students in a timely manner. Two times already have I left my name and number to be called back with answers to my questions and I have never gotten anything back. So much for caring faculty. =/ :thumbdown:

I haven't received mine yet. MWU is horrible at responding to students in a timely manner. Two times already have I left my name and number to be called back with answers to my questions and I have never gotten anything back. So much for caring faculty. =/ :thumbdown:

Have you heard back from financial aid yet? I've been emailing/calling all week and haven't gotten a response yet either. My question's pretty easy too....

Have you heard back from financial aid yet? I've been emailing/calling all week and haven't gotten a response yet either. My question's pretty easy too....

That's weird, usually they respond very quickly. Back at end of March/early April I was constantly emailing them about fin aid, housing, etc and always got a response within a few days. My guess is that a lot of people are calling them about the same things and they're back-logged right now. Which email were you using?

That's weird, usually they respond very quickly. Back at end of March/early April I was constantly emailing them about fin aid, housing, etc and always got a response within a few days. My guess is that a lot of people are calling them about the same things and they're back-logged right now. Which email were you using?

The general email address [email protected]

When I emailed them a while back, they responded within a day, but I think summer has something to do with the slow response too?

I was just wondering if anyone had a chance to find out about how much utilities cost every month for the pines apartment? How is it in the winter compared to the other seasons? thanks :)
Its 40-60 I believe... my friend thinks they really up the bill during the winter because they even out the bill for everyone in the apt complex. if you haven't visited yet, there's no washer/dryer/dishwasher in the unit, and it's kind of a walk from where your classrooms are. plus, it's kind of a pain to get to the library when you want to study for finals. she had to drive to the faculty parking lot when it'd get back during the winter.

oh, btw... ill be entering my 2nd year at midwestern and ill be happy to answer questions regarding the applications process and student life on and off campus. :)

EDIT: anyone in the alternate list should keep their spirits high... the same aforementioned classmate got accepted 4 days before orientation. ;)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I am new to this forum. And I had a few thoughts on my mind...i will be applying this fall for Fall 2011. I really want to get into MWU CCP.

But even after a few repeats (health problems got in the way), I have 2 C's in my science classes.

My overall GPA is ~3.19 and science GPA is ~3.1. This is very low since i graduated Highschool w/ honors classes and a GPA of 3.5. I am freaking out. I do have alot of health/ pharmacy experiences and am hoping that when I take the PCAT this June, I can do well.

I am so scared....

Also, w/ ppl whose scenerio is similar to mine, is it best to apply sooner..(aug/ Sept)....my only fear is to be placed on Alternative list, waiting list, or if bad luck exists (Rejected).. :(

For all the ppl whose GPA was under 3.0, I was curious if CCP gave them a chance. I dont mean to sound rude in way, so dont feel bad, I am just considering where my level stands.

Any advice will be considered and appreciated! Thx! :)

Last edited:
also despite being worried, I will stay positive and have positvie thoughts..

does anyone know what labtop they will be getting to use...

MWU CCP is my first choice and i will not loose hope despite the circumstances i have been through in life

i will explain myself fully and honestly in the applications...do u all think i can get an interview chance?? .....i only want that one chance ...then for the interview i will give my all...

literally at the end of the day, just like how docss26 heard before the end of the year that they have been accepted...i too want to hear such news so that i dont have to worry any further

to pharmstudent: Do you have previous experience in a pharmacy? Were you in MWU's "career explorer program" in high school? Are you a good standardized test taker? If you can answer yes to any one of these questions you have a fairly decent shot of getting an interview/acceptance. Although I personally didn't have any pharmacy experience prior to matriculating in to MWU, I truly believe MWU is looking for applicants who possess a genuine interest in pharmacy and have some sort of "pharmacy related" experience(s) to back up that aforementioned interest. This being said, I think that your GPA is actually quite satisfactory. Try to rock the PCAT (anything >75 should be sufficient) and get some experience (shadowing is fine) if you haven't done so already. I'm about to be a PS3 at MWU so if you have any specific questions relating to the application process feel free to PM me.

to pharmstudent: Do you have previous experience in a pharmacy? Were you in MWU's "career explorer program" in high school? Are you a good standardized test taker? If you can answer yes to any one of these questions you have a fairly decent shot of getting an interview/acceptance. Although I personally didn't have any pharmacy experience prior to matriculating in to MWU, I truly believe MWU is looking for applicants who possess a genuine interest in pharmacy and have some sort of "pharmacy related" experience(s) to back up that aforementioned interest. This being said, I think that your GPA is actually quite satisfactory. Try to rock the PCAT (anything >75 should be sufficient) and get some experience (shadowing is fine) if you haven't done so already. I'm about to be a PS3 at MWU so if you have any specific questions relating to the application process feel free to PM me.

Thx for responding to my post. First I will post all the experiences I have so u can get an idea. All are voluntary- no paid jobs yet.
1. I started by helping out the secretary at my doctor's office. (filing work, etc)
2. Then went to that hospital pharmacy and was able to shadow the pharmacist and fill some prescriptions.

3. Shadowed a PA (for a different health care experience).
4. Did alot of pharmacy related work at a family friend's pharmacist (Diluting process for liquid meds, filling capsule prescriptions, communicating w/ patients, entering patients info in computer based program, etc).

I have stopped for some time, but after the PCAT, i will apply for Walgreens, etc for tech position as I do have a pharm tech license.

The answer to your 2nd question. No b/c even though I have been interested in pharmacy since the HS days, I never really looked at pharmacy colleges then. I think I should have looked into MWU since then. I'd be much better off. :scared:

3. I will be taking the PCAT soon and lets hope for the best.
Thank you so much. I want to come back to Chicago for pharmacy and MWU CCP tops my chart. I moved from Chicago when I was having the most pharmacy related experience at the family friend pharmacy, so since there has been a cut down but hoping to resume again once PCAT is over on June 19 at my current location.

Hope you dont get annoyed at possibly the many PM's I may send lol.

Thx once again. This is my only dream and I want it to come true soon as I have been through unexpected life circumstances but dont want to give up.

Thx!:) Congrats for making it to the PS3 position!:D

PS. I also sent a pm to you. So pls check that when u have time. Thx!

Last edited:
Hi,

I am new to this forum. And I had a few thoughts on my mind...i will be applying this fall for Fall 2011. I really want to get into MWU CCP.

But even after a few repeats (health problems got in the way), I have 2 C's in my science classes.

My overall GPA is ~3.19 and science GPA is ~3.1. This is very low since i graduated Highschool w/ honors classes and a GPA of 3.5. I am freaking out. I do have alot of health/ pharmacy experiences and am hoping that when I take the PCAT this June, I can do well.

I am so scared....

Also, w/ ppl whose scenerio is similar to mine, is it best to apply sooner..(aug/ Sept)....my only fear is to be placed on Alternative list, waiting list, or if bad luck exists (Rejected).. :(

For all the ppl whose GPA was under 3.0, I was curious if CCP gave them a chance. I dont mean to sound rude in way, so dont feel bad, I am just considering where my level stands.

APPLY EARLY! It's the best thing you can do... and early means June/July and maybe early Aug. End of Aug and into Sep is already pretty late IMHO. They're rolling admissions so they consider apps as they come in, so get your LORs and personal statement ready asap and send in your PharmCAS now since you have to wait for them to email you the link to the supplemental app. Good luck!

APPLY EARLY! It's the best thing you can do... and early means June/July and maybe early Aug. End of Aug and into Sep is already pretty late IMHO. They're rolling admissions so they consider apps as they come in, so get your LORs and personal statement ready asap and send in your PharmCAS now since you have to wait for them to email you the link to the supplemental app. Good luck!

thx! for some more responses..i am planning on early Aug..I though MWU CCP doesnt start till Aug 1. I am taking a few classes in summer that i need. I will get LORs from summer instructors and pharmacist. And start the process in beginning Aug. Btw check ur pm !:)

I feel that MWU is very grade-oriented as far as acceptance goes. I applied very late (second to last interview date) which is a very bad idea, especially for schools that go by rolling admissions.

Anywho, in my interview group, I was with some rather amazing applicants. There were people who have worked in the hospital for years, there was a guy who worked in the ER and aided in resuscitating a guy, a girl who wento to a foreign country for a half a year to help in immunizations, etc etc.. My retail experiences were pale in comparison. At the end of the interview, we kept in touch and I later learned hat they did not get accepted because their GPA and PCAT were not that high. I do, however, believe that if they had applied earlier, they would have gotten in.

Another reason why I feel the school looks highly into grades is the fact that have group interviews. I do not think a half-hour interview with 6 other individuals allows the interviewers to gauge applicants adequately. But with grades, it allows a quick way to rank students accordingly

I feel that MWU is very grade-oriented as far as acceptance goes. I applied very late (second to last interview date) which is a very bad idea, especially for schools that go by rolling admissions.

Anywho, in my interview group, I was with some rather amazing applicants. There were people who have worked in the hospital for years, there was a guy who worked in the ER and aided in resuscitating a guy, a girl who wento to a foreign country for a half a year to help in immunizations, etc etc.. My retail experiences were pale in comparison. At the end of the interview, we kept in touch and I later learned hat they did not get accepted because their GPA and PCAT were not that high. I do, however, believe that if they had applied earlier, they would have gotten in.

Another reason why I feel the school looks highly into grades is the fact that have group interviews. I do not think a half-hour interview with 6 other individuals allows the interviewers to gauge applicants adequately. But with grades, it allows a quick way to rank students accordingly

I agree with you for the most part. The interview, was pretty cut throat IMO. When they ask the same question to every individual, it leaves a lot of room for repeating typical answers. So some people have to improvise to make their response sound a lot more unique. The grades and PCAT get you to the interview. I think grades matter significantly more if you are applying very late in the cycle. I personally thought the interview had a lot to do with who got accepted. Except during my interview, once candidate bombed and still got in. So, I guess my logic is flawed.

the following will be a bit off topic but i will ask anyways:

For the ppl that took the PCAT in the last 2-3 yrs, is there alot of organic chem in the Chemistry section. Specifically, I dont think the lab techniques for OChem is important. My KAplan tutor said it is important, but I think at times Kaplan makes u know more than u actually need to know. So i just want to make sure w/ u all.

thx!

the following will be a bit off topic but i will ask anyways:

For the ppl that took the PCAT in the last 2-3 yrs, is there alot of organic chem in the Chemistry section. Specifically, I dont think the lab techniques for OChem is important. My KAplan tutor said it is important, but I think at times Kaplan makes u know more than u actually need to know. So i just want to make sure w/ u all.

thx!

I felt that there was quite a bit of o-chem on the PCAT for me both the times I took it and I felt it was something that really benefited me since it was still so fresh in my mind. I wouldn't solely focus on that but it is significant. I don't ever recall any lab techniques though. In the Kaplan PCAT book, you can purchase, I felt they did do a great job of portraying the exam for the chemistry and biology sections!

I felt that there was quite a bit of o-chem on the PCAT for me both the times I took it and I felt it was something that really benefited me since it was still so fresh in my mind. I wouldn't solely focus on that but it is significant. I don't ever recall any lab techniques though. In the Kaplan PCAT book, you can purchase, I felt they did do a great job of portraying the exam for the chemistry and biology sections!

i agree. the orgo on the PCAT is mostly stuff you learn in orgo 1 and the kaplan books do a good job of showcasing what you have to know. most of my orgo questions were about naming, chirality, steroichemistry, etc

i agree. the orgo on the PCAT is mostly stuff you learn in orgo 1 and the kaplan books do a good job of showcasing what you have to know. most of my orgo questions were about naming, chirality, steroichemistry, etc

thx for the response. i too was under the same impression. that its mostly from OChem 1. Nomenclature and so forth, but more varied concepts from Gen Chem.

Just thought I'd ask the following question.

I am aware that alot of schools such as MWU CCP are on rolling admission. However, I really want my Fall 2010 transcript to be seen.

Has anyone that sent in their PharmCas by mid Dec. been accepted??

I know thats pushing it a little too late but I am thinkin of considering it...

Has anyone heard anything about the laptops Midwestern will be giving out yet to incoming P1's?

All that I have been able to find is that they added a "technology fee" to the costs, which was 1500 on the website...someone said that it was 1600ish on their award letter tho

so yea other then the letter saying that we will find out more during orientaion, thats all I got :)

cheers

Hey pharmstudent, do not be discouraged because I had an overall GPA of around 2.94 and my science GPA was probably a little less but I got in this year and will be attending MWU. My PCAT was a 73 composite mainly bc i got a 16 in reading comp :mad: (didn't get any sleep at all the night before). i scored high on my chemistry which was a 93 and bio was 80. So i think that MWU looks at those subjects more. I guess my advice is to write a really good personal statement because thats what i did and i wrote about all the complications in my life but also the progress i made in the last 3 years and they didn't hold my first 3 years of college against me (which was pretty bad... like 5-6 C's). So apply early, get good letters of recs, show them that u desperately want to become a pharmacist in your personal statement, write about life experiences that have changed u and made u want to go into this field, and just nail your group interview and if u do all that i have no doubt u will get in. :)

Hi,

I am so scared....

has anyone who paid their deposit by 6/8/10 received their award letter yet? I'm still waiting for mine.

also, any current students from CA? Can you give me some info about shipping my car over. What company did you use, how much did it cost, how long, and how did they transport it. Thanks so much!

and one more! have you guys received dorm assignments yet? I still have to submit my choices, so I'm way behind! hope I can stay in the dorms this first year.

has anyone who paid their deposit by 6/8/10 received their award letter yet? I'm still waiting for mine.

also, any current students from CA? Can you give me some info about shipping my car over. What company did you use, how much did it cost, how long, and how did they transport it. Thanks so much!

and one more! have you guys received dorm assignments yet? I still have to submit my choices, so I'm way behind! hope I can stay in the dorms this first year.

driving yourself to downers grove in your car seems cheaper than paying someone else to ship your car over + the plane ticket for yourself...

You should hit up the facebook group for our class. A lot of these questions have been mentioned. Seems like a lot of us havent received our award letters and I've gotten word that it can take until July to hear from that.

The housing depends when you submitted the application, I filled it out 2/22 and still havent gotten anything, but some individuals who have filled them out around the 1st-10th of Feb seemed to have gotten theirs.

Cheers :laugh:

I finally logged onto facebook and joined the Midwestern group for our class! Thanks for suggesting that, it moves a lot faster than here. can't believe i took so long to do that.

Everyone check your email from the portal. An email was sent out regarding which lap tops we can choose. Either a Del Latitude or a Macbook Pro. Based on these options what are you guys going to get?

Check out the facebook group, Starlight! We have alot of research going on for these two picks.

Cheers

I just had my interview today and they said that they give you the laptop. They included it in cost of attendence under technology so it wouldn't be an out of pocket expense (so that it could be covered by financial aid if that is the route you need to take to pay for school.)

Yeah which turns out to be $1500/yr. Can we reject the $6000 laptop? :laugh: Do we even keep it four years later?

Yeah which turns out to be $1500/yr. Can we reject the $6000 laptop? :laugh: Do we even keep it four years later?

You only pay the $1500 once. The following three years you only pay the standard technology fee. The laptop is yours to keep.

I heard from MWU yesterday that I was pulled of the alternate list! Finally I can enjoy my summer. Looking forward to meeting the Class of 2014!

UIC-Rockford: Accepted :claps::claps:
CSU: Accepted :claps::claps:
MWU: Accepted :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

I heard from MWU yesterday that I was pulled of the alternate list! Finally I can enjoy my summer. Looking forward to meeting the Class of 2014!

UIC-Rockford: Accepted :claps::claps:
CSU: Accepted :claps::claps:
MWU: Accepted :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Did they call you or you checked the portal?