haha something i've realized about this forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omaralt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
haha sorry guys, but i've noticed something looking through this forum. why are most of the threads in this forum, unlike the other forums, completely irrelevant to any real advice? most of it is about love, indian movies, pic pages, etc, and lame stuff like that. and haha guys, i'm not making fun of u, but the reason i bring this is up is cuz i have many desi friends (paki and indian) who are the same way!! all they do (they're guys) is watch sappy indian movies, talk about love, etc.... haha just wanted to say taht after seeing this forum... guess its not just my friends... its a desi thing :) haha
omar

Members don't see this ad.

hhahah i just counted, and the first 15 THREADS ARE all lame.. "where are u from", "love", "arranged marriages" hahaha, come on guys hahaha

omar

trust me dude....Im a desi and think its so pathetic...

Its like if I said I watch Disney movies all day and was waiting for my beautiful Cinderella to come.....or those guys that think that giving a rose to a girl is gonna win their heart, or dreaming of meeting their love riding on a beautiful white horse into the sunset.....geez, I thought girls were smarter than that these days and dont fall for that crap, but I guess it doesnt apply to desi girls

Anyways, dont you also find it weird that Indian culture is so caught up in these sappy love stories, yet they are still the largest society that relies on arranged marriages....explain that one for me please cause whenever I bring it up to my parents they cant answer it...

Members don't see this ad :)
omaralt said:
haha sorry guys, but i've noticed something looking through this forum. why are most of the threads in this forum, unlike the other forums, completely irrelevant to any real advice? most of it is about love, indian movies, pic pages, etc, and lame stuff like that. and haha guys, i'm not making fun of u, but the reason i bring this is up is cuz i have many desi friends (paki and indian) who are the same way!! all they do (they're guys) is watch sappy indian movies, talk about love, etc.... haha just wanted to say taht after seeing this forum... guess its not just my friends... its a desi thing :) haha
omar
oh yeah.....we may be watching indian movies,talking about love,sharing our lives....doing the-not-so-important-things in life but atleast we r having a great time unlike you who just seems to be critisizing other people :( :( agreed that you could be right but who the hell gave you the right to judge others ???

Dr.BadVibes said:
trust me dude....Im a desi and think its so pathetic...

Its like if I said I watch Disney movies all day and was waiting for my beautiful Cinderella to come.....or those guys that think that giving a rose to a girl is gonna win their heart, or dreaming of meeting their love riding on a beautiful white horse into the sunset.....geez, I thought girls were smarter than that these days and dont fall for that crap, but I guess it doesnt apply to desi girls
You know what.....i m sure that you have not met a true desi girl coz desi girls will be the last to agree to some stupid love proposal by just getting a rose....n the dreams about some white horse and the prince is all in the movies only and they dont give u the correct picture of the indian society.
And a confession, i never thought that people were as dumb as you to believe the nonsense they show in movies :p .

omaralt said:
hhahah i just counted, and the first 15 THREADS ARE all lame.. "where are u from", "love", "arranged marriages" hahaha, come on guys hahaha

omar
Hey..arranged marriages is not something one can laugh about...its roots r very very deep in the indian society.Ofcourse you would never understand that coz one needs to go through the entire tragedy of falling in love with someone else and marrying someone whom the family has chosen just becoz thats the way it has always happened for generations. :( It may sound funny to u but believe me it is something different to go through it.
Note:i m saying this just by observing the indian sociey...no personal experiences... :)

parasiteatwork said:
oh yeah.....we may be watching indian movies,talking about love,sharing our lives....doing the-not-so-important-things in life but atleast we r having a great time unlike you who just seems to be critisizing other people :( :( agreed that you could be right but who the hell gave you the right to judge others ???

agreed :thumbup:
let us have our fun...whats it to you guys?

omaralt said:
sorry guys, but i've noticed something looking through this forum. why are most of the threads in this forum, unlike the other forums, completely irrelevant to any real advice? most of it is about love, indian movies, pic pages, etc, and lame stuff like that. and
guys, i'm not making fun of u, but the reason i bring this is up is cuz i have many desi friends (paki and indian) who are the same way!! all they do (they're guys) is watch sappy indian movies, talk about love, etc....
just wanted to say taht after seeing this forum... guess its not just my friends... its a desi thing :)
omar

i just counted, and the first 15 THREADS ARE all lame.. "where are u from", "love", "arranged marriages"
, come on guys

well mr HAHA
If you don't like this forum ,than don't bother to come here
the number of times you typed " HAHA" means that either you were entertained at this forum or you have gone nuts ,
from your thoughts you seem to have no respect for our culture or our way of life
so what 's wrong if we discuss with our fellow indians our likings and our culture, it may be HAHA for you but it is very interesting and educative for us
so mr HAHA , don't bother to come to our forum

nimeshshingala said:
i just counted, and the first 15 THREADS ARE all lame.. "where are u from", "love", "arranged marriages" , come on guys

well mr HAHA
If you don't like this forum ,than don't bother to come here
the number of times you typed " HAHA" means that either you were entertained at this forum or you have gone nuts ,
from your thoughts you seem to have no respect for our culture or our way of life
so what 's wrong if we discuss with our fellow indians our likings and our culture, it may be HAHA for you but it is very interesting and educative for us
so mr HAHA , don't bother to come to our forum
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

oh come on guys, nothing personal against indians, (like i said i have many desi friends). and yes i like laughing hahaha... sorry i'm not sitting here depressed waiting for my true love to come dancing to me from some mountain top. the only reason i even brought it up was because, as i said, i've noticed this same thing with my desi friends, and now in this MEDICAL forum, i notice the same thing. not a single one of the other forums is like this, except obviously the drs lounge, where this kind of stuff belongs. if u open a single thread like the ones u guys have in ANY other forum, (dental, medicine, etc,) it will be closed and moved to the lounge immediately. thats it :)

haha

omar

omaralt said:
oh come on guys, nothing personal against indians, (like i said i have many desi friends). and yes i like laughing hahaha... sorry i'm not sitting here depressed waiting for my true love to come dancing to me from some mountain top. the only reason i even brought it up was because, as i said, i've noticed this same thing with my desi friends, and now in this MEDICAL forum, i notice the same thing. not a single one of the other forums is like this, except obviously the drs lounge, where this kind of stuff belongs. if u open a single thread like the ones u guys have in ANY other forum, (dental, medicine, etc,) it will be closed and moved to the lounge immediately. thats it :)

haha

omar

yeah, but those other forums are designated SPECIFICALLY to talk about business stuff...this is a free forum to chat about whatever we want...it isn't called the India Medical forum or the India PreHealth forums...just India Forum...

if you find it so replusive, why do you have desi friends and why are you reading these threads? :confused: :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not Mr. HaHa, it's Dr. HaHa to you!

" if u open a single thread like the ones u guys have in ANY other forum, (dental, medicine, etc,) it will be closed and moved to the lounge immediately. thats it :)"

haha

omar[/QUOTE]

I dont understand what you are trying to insinuate.... of course subjects not relevant to the premed or allopathic forum would get moved to the lounge. WE dont need a hall monitor. Nobody is forcing you to discuss anything here!

Also Its nice of you to post your stats on your signature BTW.... maybe you can clue us in on why you have done that... you know coz I am jus stuck here watchin movies abt love, arranged marriages and finding out where everybody is from

omaralt said:

haha

omar
You may not have anything against indians but your messages r sounding just like that......and nobody even asked u to post in this forum but still you have done so...that implies that u did it coz u felt like it.....so how can u do something that u dont like....its impossible.....its disgraceful.....stupid :oops: ....unbelivingly yucky....... :p

omaralt said:
if u open a single thread like the ones u guys have in ANY other forum, (dental, medicine, etc,) it will be closed and moved to the lounge immediately. thats it :)

haha

omar
By the way,the above statement is hard to be understood....what does that mean :confused: ?and there is no need to laugh abt it.... :laugh:

MD Rapper said:
I'm just speculating, but I think its because of the heavy influence of western culture on India. Indians in India absolutely love and want to emulate the society of the west (at least some aspects of it), though the average person over there seems to treat western beliefs more like novelties instead of something they should actually implement into their daily lives.

In any case, the arranged marriage practice is slowly shattering over there too.

All things Western aren't necessarily good. Yes, one should be critical in one's life and should integrate better ways of doing things, but your post suggests that Western ideology is inherently superior to East in most, if not all ways. Maybe the West should learn a thing or two from the East as well; wouldn't that be swell.

If you are so deeply in love with Western ideals, then why bother coming to this thread at all? Action is prized above all things in the West, so go do something "productive" with your time. :rolleyes:

omaralt said:
haha sorry guys, but i've noticed something looking through this forum. why are most of the threads in this forum, unlike the other forums, completely irrelevant to any real advice? most of it is about love, indian movies, pic pages, etc, and lame stuff like that.

i think i'm the only one, but i kind of have to agree with you. at first i thought..oh fellow indians. but most of the threads are nonrelavent to what sdn is about. but i guess that's the nature of an online forum like this. oh well. i'm a professional, not a student, and frequent sdn to help others that are where i used to be...not talk about love and movies. i can do that with my friends. but it is funny (and a little annoying at the same time) to read!

apgmph said:
i think i'm the only one, but i kind of have to agree with you. at first i thought..oh fellow indians. but most of the threads are nonrelavent to what sdn is about. but i guess that's the nature of an online forum like this. oh well. i'm a professional, not a student, and frequent sdn to help others that are where i used to be...not talk about love and movies. i can do that with my friends. but it is funny (and a little annoying at the same time) to read!
hey,if u find the indian thread boring,uninteresting n annoying...why do u even check it out? :mad:

parasiteatwork said:
hey,if u find the indian thread boring,uninteresting n annoying...why do u even check it out? :mad:

...with the hope that someone may need some real advice!

apgmph said:
So that implies- if people dont need advices in matters where u can offer advice,means their probelm or the topic is irrelevant n useless...Wow

apgmph said:

yeah...without you to give us advice...we might just be lost little desis...roaming around the world...wondering who would answer our pre-med questions...

thank god for you :smuggrin:

1hotaartichoke said:
yeah...without you to give us advice...we might just be lost little desis...roaming around the world...wondering who would answer our pre-med questions...

thank god for you :smuggrin:
:thumbup:
yes...lets start a new thread-"advices from apgmph,especially for indians" :mad:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .... wonder if we can do a search and see if 'apgmph' has given any advice at all on sdn!!
.. for some reason apgmph's comment made me laugh ... :laugh:

first of all, all your comments are extremely immature!
secondly, essentially, most people on sdn are here to give or ask for advice about school/careers. i NEVER said my advice was the only and best to offer. i know it's not. also, if you notice other forums...yes the international ones as well...have threads about school...not love and movies. all i did was simply support the original post!!

apgmph said:

I can see what you're saying. I mean, sometimes it is annoying. But most of the time i find this forum & the lounge a refreshing change. I mean, everyone i know is worried about med schools and that's all we talk about. So it's nice to talk about something different once in a while. Plus i love the threads on Indian cooking :love:

tinkerbelle said:
I can see what you're saying. I mean, sometimes it is annoying. But most of the time i find this forum & the lounge a refreshing change. I mean, everyone i know is worried about med schools and that's all we talk about. So it's nice to talk about something different once in a while. Plus i love the threads on Indian cooking :love:

agreed :thumbup: :D

apgmph said:
first of all, all your comments are extremely immature!
secondly, essentially, most people on sdn are here to give or ask for advice about school/careers. i NEVER said my advice was the only and best to offer. i know it's not. also, if you notice other forums...yes the international ones as well...have threads about school...not love and movies. all i did was simply support the original post!!
so this was one of your advices that we should change n make this a more serious forum.....thnx for the advice ,but No thnx :p

apgmph said:

Dear apgmph or whatever you are
idea-advice.jpg

7_5_2002_letters-may7-advice.jpg

apgmph said:

I HAVE A GOOD ADVICE FOR YOU
Good%20Advice.JPG

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: