This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lharri13

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a thread here for Guelph's OVC DVM c/o 2022 hopefuls !

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
International student here. Just got an email from them. I interviewed back in December and got a no. Good luck to everyone else!

Has anyone else heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had to contact them and there seemed to perhaps be some confusion, like maybe I should have already heard something. I was then told by the end of this week.

I had to contact them and there seemed to perhaps be some confusion, like maybe I should have already heard something. I was then told by the end of this week.
Yeah, I got the impression that decisions were made, but haven't gone out yet for some people, I guess?

Yeah, I got the impression that decisions were made, but haven't gone out yet for some people, I guess?[/QUOTE]
That's the impression I got as well. Not sure why it is taking them so long to fix the problem. I'll be a bit frustrated if after all this I end up getting rejected.

I’m applying, but I’m Canadian so getting ready to submit my secondary app this week. Good luck to everyone who’s waiting to hear back!!

Did any other international people submit their transcripts late because of pending prerequisites? They received everything early January but I haven't heard from them and my portal admission status hasn't changed

Did any other international people submit their transcripts late because of pending prerequisites? They received everything early January but I haven't heard from them and my portal admission status hasn't changed
I haven't submitted my fall transcripts yet, but I didn't take any pre-requisites last semester, so I'm not sure if they need them... anyone know if/when they will need an update on that (provided we're accepted or waitlisted, that is)?

I think most people's admission status has not changed yet, and I'm staring to think emails might not be sent our until next week. I know that people didn't hear back until late February last year, but they also had much later interview dates than we did. Were other international students this year told it would be mid to late January? Because honestly I'm pretty confused as to why they keep putting off that date.

I haven't submitted my fall transcripts yet, but I didn't take any pre-requisites last semester, so I'm not sure if they need them... anyone know if/when they will need an update on that (provided we're accepted or waitlisted, that is)?

I think most people's admission status has not changed yet, and I'm staring to think emails might not be sent our until next week. I know that people didn't hear back until late February last year, but they also had much later interview dates than we did. Were other international students this year told it would be mid to late January? Because honestly I'm pretty confused as to why they keep putting off that date.

Did you interview already? I didn't even hear about an interview yet.

Did you interview already? I didn't even hear about an interview yet.
I didn't even hear about an interview yet either and my school and program has an agreement with them even. I was also told that I didn't need to submit Fall transcripts, but I am in a graduate program.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile

International student. Just received an email. Accepted!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have tried to be in contact with the school and have no had any responses. No updates on the webadvisor page, is anyone else having this issue as well?

I have tried to be in contact with the school and have no had any responses. No updates on the webadvisor page, is anyone else having this issue as well?
I was having a similar issue with my WebAdvisor page not updating. I actually contacted Elizabeth Lowenger. She was always helpful and very quick to respond. The admission services email often took a bit longer to get back to me (up to 2.5 weeks). I do know that they have been having some delays in their process, so you may unfortunately be caught up in that delay.

I contacted them- they said they already interviewed all the candidates that submitted their documents in the fall semester, and that it is unlikely that they will invite any more candidates for interviews unless seats open up :(

Everyone that received rejections how did they let you know?

Everyone that received rejections how did they let you know?

Not 100% sure about rejections, but I'm assuming they post all admissions decisions online, or let you know through your Guelph email.

Is everyone posting about interviews/ acceptances so far international students? Any domestic students hear back yet?

Also a domestic applicant, still haven't heard anything yet about interviews. Should be emailed by next week though according to old threads.

I'm also domestic. It's been confirmed that interview invites will go out this week, but not which day exactly.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an interview invite, May 16! Good luck to all the other domestic applicants :)

Congrats! How did you hear? Through your UOGuelph email?

I was an international applicant and did not hear anything in regards to interview, acceptance, denial. I have tried to be in contact with the school via both my personal email as well as my Guelph email. Has any one else had this problem?

Congrats! How did you hear? Through your UOGuelph email?

Yes through the UOGuelph email :) I had been getting nothing but spam emails on there for weeks lol.

I was an international applicant and did not hear anything in regards to interview, acceptance, denial. I have tried to be in contact with the school via both my personal email as well as my Guelph email. Has any one else had this problem?

Maybe try calling admissions at (519) 824-4120, Ext. 56063. I'd assume that all the international spots are secured by now though

Maybe try calling admissions at (519) 824-4120, Ext. 56063. I'd assume that all the international spots are secured by now though
Yeah- I figured as much, I already sent a deposit to a different school and waitlisted at another but figured I would reach out to see if anyone else was in a similar situation. Good luck to you all!