GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey congrats! I have an interview with ATSU Dec 8, what was the interview process like?
It wasn' bad at all! Pretty straight forward questions and everyone was so nice!

Members don't see this ad.

Wish me luck freaking out on the daily!
Undergraduate University: California State University Chico
Degree: Kinesiology
Cumulative GPA: 3.3
Prerequisite GPA: Mostly 3.5
GRE: 145 V 145 Q 4

Applying to: Cal State Dominguez Hills, MCPHS, Allen College, Touro University- Nevada, St. Augustine TX, Pacific University, Pacific U, Brunel University & Midwestern

Volunteer:
-Mexico mission trip with experiences working with children with special needs
-Work in an Autism Clinic
- Teaching Assistant in college Adaptive PE class
- Coach in inclusive soccer team
- Elementary School Student Teaching
- Adaptive Physical Education Sports Day

Work:
- Special Education Paraeducator
- Behavioral Interventionist
- Marketing

Misc: CPR/AED certified, NCPI certified, Social chair of Cultural club Founding member of Pre-OT society and Member of Alpha Phi Omega

Observation experience: (186)
- Hospital : 77 hours
- 60 shadowing at Nursing home
-50 hours in elementary school
-6 hours in neurology
-20 hours shadowing PT at private PT clinic

References:
- Professor and Kinesiology Advisor
- Mentor in Healthcare field
- OT in SNF
- OT in hospital

Acceptances:

Interviews:
NAU (12/1)

Rejections:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has one heard back from Jacksonville Univerity for the OTD program?? I just received an email

The Office of Admissions has finalized your application decision. To view the decision: read here.

But I click, asks for my bday and temp pin but i never got a temp pin, and i searched around the website and said i forgot the pw to get it reset it, now it says theres no application?? I tried calling but i think they're off for veterans day. SIGH!

Has one heard back from Jacksonville Univerity for the OTD program?? I just received an email

The Office of Admissions has finalized your application decision. To view the decision: read here.

But I click, asks for my bday and temp pin but i never got a temp pin, and i searched around the website and said i forgot the pw to get it reset it, now it says theres no application?? I tried calling but i think they're off for veterans day. SIGH!
Wait same thing happened to me!!! I wasn't able to see the "decision" made on my app! So frustrating.

Has anyone received an acceptance from Murphy Deming (or any other school I guess) and unsure of what to do because they haven't heard from a majority of their schools yet?? Are you just paying the deposit? I applied to so many schools that I haven't heard from but I don't want to not secure my seat and not get in anywhere else.

Has anyone received an acceptance from Murphy Deming (or any other school I guess) and unsure of what to do because they haven't heard from a majority of their schools yet?? Are you just paying the deposit? I applied to so many schools that I haven't heard from but I don't want to not secure my seat and not get in anywhere else.
My thought process is accept and pay the deposit on schools you really want to go to so you don’t pass up the opportunity. Wasting a deposit is better than wasting a chance at a school you really want to go to just in case you don’t get in anywhere else. But totally up to you and your funds!

Reactions: 1 users
UPDATE!!

University: UC Davis
Major: Human Development
Overall GPA: 3.99
Pre-Req GPA: 3.97
GRE: 164 V, 154 Q, 5 AW

Extra-Curric: Work as a paraeducator at elementary school, internship at preschool/experience 1:1 with boy with autism, research assistant in aging/cognition lab and lab studying autism, VP/founding officer of pre-OT club, Arts-Music-Inspire club member (we did art/music with kids in hospitals and group homes), Davis Aggie Lions club member (community service), patient care volunteer with hospice organization, assistant riding instructor at equestrian therapy center (3 years, provided riding lessons to kids and adults with disabilities)

Volunteer/Shadowing: 202 total with 94 in skilled nursing, 24 in outpatient peds, 42 in elementary school, 42 in hospital/acute rehab

Applying: USC, Stanbridge College, St. Catherine University, College of St. Scholastica, University of Minnesota (Rochester), University of South Dakota (I have family all over and will go anywhere that accepts me!!)

Acceptances: USC, Stanbridge, St. Catherine, College of St. Scholastica (will be attending!)

Rejections:

Interviews: Stanbridge (01/27), University of South Dakota (Declined)

Waitlist: University of Minnesota (Rochester)

I definitely have a few (more than a few) gray hairs after this process. I am so thankful to have gotten into some great programs and have a new place to call home in the fall as I embark on my journey to become an OT. My advice to people applying/on this forum - believe in yourself!!! :)

When were you notified from the University of South Dakota of their decision? Also wondering how the "group interview" is structured? I have never heard of a group interview and am curious...

How are you liking St. Scholastica?! I applied their as well, I love Duluth and think it would be a great place to attend graduate school. Hope you don't mind me asking why you chose a masters vs. doctorate either!!

Looking forward to your response :)

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has heard back from Thomas Jefferson with any decisions (acceptances, wait listed, or declines)?

Last edited:
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has heard back from Thomas Jefferson with any decisions (acceptances, wait listed, or declines)?
Hey! I was admitted a week ago today! This was two weeks after my interview

Has anyone heard from Ohio State? I was told they were giving out interview invitations today

Members don't see this ad :)
Really!?!?!?
I had emailed the admissions office and they said they were planning on giving out the first round of interview invitations today. That was last week though so I guess they could have changed Their mind??

I had emailed the admissions office and they said they were planning on giving out the first round of interview invitations today. That was last week though so I guess they could have changed Their mind??
Hmm. They’re only have one interview day too, correct?

Hmm. They’re only have one interview day too, correct?

I'm not 100% sure. I'm wondering if you don't get an interview if they will also send you an email letting you know. Idk I was hoping to find out today!

I'm not 100% sure. I'm wondering if you don't get an interview if they will also send you an email letting you know. Idk I was hoping to find out today!
When I went to visit they said interviews would be sometime in December, but they weren’t clear as to whether or not there was only one or several. Have you checked your Buckeye link?

When I went to visit they said interviews would be sometime in December, but they weren’t clear as to whether or not there was only one or several. Have you checked your Buckeye link?
Yep, there's no update on my applicant center :(

Has anyone heard from Ohio State? I was told they were giving out interview invitations today
Hi! I received an invitation (through email) for the OSU interview today. I go here for undergrad and know the OT advisor fairly well. There are two dates for interviews. The first one is on December 9th, and the other is January 20th. I'm not sure if they're sending out emails in two rounds. Since I applied to their fellowship scholarship, I have to interview on the 9th, but my roommate also received an interview and she gets to choose between the two dates. Hope this helps! If you have any questions, let me know!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I received an invitation (through email) for the OSU interview today. I go here for undergrad and know the OT advisor fairly well. There are two dates for interviews. The first one is on December 9th, and the other is January 20th. I'm not sure if they're sending out emails in two rounds. Since I applied to their fellowship scholarship, I have to interview on the 9th, but my roommate also received an interview and she gets to choose between the two dates. Hope this helps! If you have any questions, let me know!
Thank you so much for that info!!!! I applied for the fellowship as well.

No problem!! Are you signed up for one of the interviews on the 9th??
No, I haven't received an email and I just checked the portal and my application still says pending. I'm wondering if maybe because you currently attend there as an undergrad, you received word first? Crossing my fingers I hear something this week.

No, I haven't received an email and I just checked the portal and my application still says pending. I'm wondering if maybe because you currently attend there as an undergrad, you received word first? Crossing my fingers I hear something this week.
Hm I'm not sure! My application on the portal still says pending too. You'll find out about an interview through email. Make sure it didn't go to your spam or anything!! But best of luck to you!!!!

Hm I'm not sure! My application on the portal still says pending too. You'll find out about an interview through email. Make sure it didn't go to your spam or anything!! But best of luck to you!!!!
I’m going to check my spam as soon as I get home. Thank you for the information. It’s nice to “know” someone who has this information. I appreciate your help :)

Has anyone heard from Brenau after their 10/13 interview? On week 5 since then and just want to make sure I didn't miss anything or wondering when we will hear, thanks!

Has anyone been accepted to VCU?? or know someone that has before / know their stats??

Has anyone been accepted to VCU?? or know someone that has before / know their stats??
Idk if you applied early decision or regular but I applied regular and I think people don't usually hear until like February!

Undergraduate University: Truman State University (2 years) University of Missouri-Kansas City (2 years)
Degree: Bachelors of Health Sciences
Cumulative GPA: 3.35
Prerequisite GPA 3.5-3.7 (depends on school)
GRE: Have not taken. Applied to all schools that do not require GRE.

Work:
-Daycare assistant for 2 summers with children ranging from 4-7, created lesson plans and activities
-Sales associate at a local jewelry store
-Undergraduate research assistant for 2 years in the physiology department A.T. Still University in Kirksville MO

Volunteer/Extracurriculars:
-70+ hours at an outpatient rehab facility
-Americorp Member with Jumpstart Children First. 300+ hours going into low income neighborhoods and teaching underprivileged children language and literacy techniques.
-30+ with a program that facilitates activities with men and women with intellectual and physical disabilities

Observation experience:
- 16 Hours Outpatient
- 4 Hours Geriatric
- 9 Hours Pediatric
- 25 Hours Inpatient
- 4 Hours Home Health

Misc: CPR/AED certified, NIH Protecting Human Research Participant certification

References:
- 1 from an OT
- 2 from volunteer coordinators
- 1 from a manager from work experience

Applying to: Allen College, Pacific University, Rockhurst, Cox College, University of Minnesota (both campuses), A.T. Still University, University of the Sciences

Interviews: (So far) Allen College (11-20), A.T. Still University (11-17)
Acceptances: Allen College (12-1)
Rejections: University of the Sciences:/
Waitlisted: Waitlisted for an interview at Rockhurst

Last edited:
Hi Guys! I have noticed that a lot of people have already heard back from MidWestern Glendale! I have yet to apply but I was hoping to get my application in soon! I was wondering if this would be silly because they seem to already be filling up their slots and I don't want to waste money if there is no chance! I would love your input!
Hi everyone! I just wanted to update you on Midwestern Glendale! I initially wasn't going to apply because I was afraid that the dates had passed but today I heard back from the program and I was extended an invitation to come and interview with them! I am so excited!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to update you on Midwestern Glendale! I initially wasn't going to apply because I was afraid that the dates had passed but today I heard back from the program and I was extended an invitation to come and interview with them! I am so excited!
Congrats! That's awesome!!

Is anyone else interviewing at University of St. Augustine FL campus January 26th?!

I saw your stats and I think you're definitely going to be accepted. Wanda said that the average GRE they accepted last year was 153V 151Q and 3.5W.
I hope so this process jus makes me nervous. I have a couple of friends that go there. I’m from Florida so I’m trying to stay here for instate tuition.

Last edited:
Thought I would post my stats too! Do you think I have a chance??
Undergraduate University: Maryville University of Saint Louis
Degree: Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.6
Prerequisite GPA: 3.4-3.5
GRE: 149 V 148 Q 3.5 AW (not retaking unless I do not get in this round)

Applying to: Maryville University, Indiana State University, Midwestern- IL, Northcentral (Unaccredited- :/), St. Ambrose, Adventist, and Davenport University.

Volunteer:
- Variety of volunteering in church for 7+ years, kids with development delays, in senior living centers, Cardinal Glennon, Habitat for Humanity etc.

Work:
- Montessori Infant Caregiver for 2 1/2 years (3000+ hours)

Misc: CPR/AED certified, Deans list for 3 years, Awarded Scholarship, Honor Society, Community Service Club, VP of Pre-OT club, Best Buddies, Community outreach class (Opening Minds through Art)

Observation experience:
- 120+ hours in six different settings.

References:
- Montessori daycare director
- OT professor for Community outreach class
- OT I observed in Peds

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews: Indiana State (12/8 Early Admission Interview)

I hope so this process jus makes me nervous. I have a couple of friends that go there. I’m from Florida so I’m trying to stay here for instate tuition.
I understand that! I go to UF and also want to stay in state. With UF changing to a doctorate program it definitely changed things up this cycle. I've gone to both sessions and FGCU is my number 1 choice. However, the UF session I went to, they made it seem like they were nervous about not having a lot of people applying because they're transitioning and not quite accredited.

I understand that! I go to UF and also want to stay in state. With UF changing to a doctorate program it definitely changed things up this cycle. I've gone to both sessions and FGCU is my number 1 choice. However, the UF session I went to, they made it seem like they were nervous about not having a lot of people applying because they're transitioning and not quite accredited.

Are you applying to UF's OTD program? Did they say anything about the possibility of not receiving accreditation?

I went to UF too! UF is my number one. Just because it’d be the cheapest option (behind FGCU) but for a doctorate degree. I’m not so nervous about it not getting accredited since it’s a transitioning program not a new program and that’s what AOTA wants, for all programs to be OTD in the future.

I went to UF too! UF is my number one. Just because it’d be the cheapest option (behind FGCU) but for a doctorate degree. I’m not so nervous about it not getting accredited since it’s a transitioning program not a new program and that’s what AOTA wants, for all programs to be OTD in the future.

How was the interview? I have mine in December and I was wondering what it's like/how many people they admit after interviewing.
Hey! The interview was great! It honestly was what sold me on the program. Leslie, the admissions director, and Tina, one of the faculty were great. They are both very welcoming and able to answer any questions we had following our interview. As for how many people they admit, that I'm not sure. I was in the first group, but the third date. We asked a similar question and they said they hadn't admitted anyone yet. They said that they look at a few groups of interviewees and then make a decision. So for me, it was everyone who interviewed in October was looked at together. I know of two people (myself included) who were admitted and have submitted a deposit for the OTD program and they admit 20. They were more than happy to answer all of our questions, including how many they had admitted, when we were there. I would encourage asking it as well! If you have any other questions, please let me know!