General Admissions & OTCAS OT school application acceptances and advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ot0

Reaction score
Hey all - I applied to 14 OT schools, and have so far been accepted to 5 schools. I know it is a reach but IF I am accepted to all 14 schools does anyone have insight or suggestions on these schools? I am already torn about which school to choose. I am really looking to become clinician and want that to be the emphasis of the program (before research.) Also looking for a close knit accommodating program since I do have a disability that will require accommodations in grad school.

Accepted:

Boston university (OTD)

Rutgers (OTD)

JMU (MSOT)

Stanbridge (MSOT)

St Augustine (MSOT)

Applied :

NYU

George Washington

Duke

Keck Graduate Institute

Columbia

Towson

Shenandoah

UNC

University of Florida

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Quinnipiac and they are super supportive about accommodations. I would ask the schools you’ve been accepted to about their resources. GW may be tough bc it is hybrid

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah don’t go to USAHS it’s terrible!!! I had a friend who had a disability and they didn’t take her seriously. Apply to Widener in PA the program is really good from what i heard

Yeah don’t go to USAHS it’s terrible!!! I had a friend who had a disability and they didn’t take her seriously. Apply to Widener in PA the program is really good from what i heard
Yeah I’ve unfortunately heard many negatives about USAHS as well

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all - I applied to 14 OT schools, and have so far been accepted to 5 schools. I know it is a reach but IF I am accepted to all 14 schools does anyone have insight or suggestions on these schools? I am already torn about which school to choose. I am really looking to become clinician and want that to be the emphasis of the program (before research.) Also looking for a close knit accommodating program since I do have a disability that will require accommodations in grad school.

Accepted:

Boston university (OTD)

Rutgers (OTD)

JMU (MSOT)

Stanbridge (MSOT)

St Augustine (MSOT)

Applied :

NYU

George Washington

Duke

Keck Graduate Institute

Columbia

Towson

Shenandoah

UNC

University of Florida
When did you hear from JMU?

Accepted:

Boston university (OTD)

Rutgers (OTD)

JMU (MSOT)

Stanbridge (MSOT)

St Augustine (MSOT)

Applied :

NYU

George Washington

Duke

Keck Graduate Institute

Columbia

Towson

Shenandoah

UNC

University of Florida
What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

3.8 GPA, about 100 shadowing hours (at 5 different places), started my own non profit, 1 major 2 minors, and a lot of leadership experience and volunteer hours

Update:

interviewed at GW and Towson and waiting to hear back

was rejected from university of florida

Hello all! I wanted to reach out as I was heavily involved in all forums when I was in the application cycle and when I was interviewing as well. I am about to finish up my last didactic semester before going into my level two rotations (acute care and school based peds). That all being said, as I am finishing up, I wanted to make sure I could reach out and help anybody out that may need advice. I can be reached more directly through my instagram @otwithlexy so please feel free to DM me from there (just let me know you're from SDN) and I can answer all your questions. For some clarity, when I was applying, I was accepted to: Midwestern University, USC, Howard University, Samuel Merritt University, A.T Still University, UNLV, & Dominican University. Please use me as a resource and good luck to you all! You got this!!:giggle:

Reactions: 1 user