Got rejected today and don't know what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kindoflostandsad

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That is an awkward situation. Is the PD (or whoever made the decision) aware that you are rotating there? The interview/reject decisions may have been made a little while ago, and if you just started then the rotation won't be on your transcript and you won't have any letters, so he may be unaware of the fact that you are currently rotating there. If not it may be worth reaching out to the PD and asking if they would reassess your application at the end of your rotation based on your performance there. If he says no or that your performance won't matter because your application didn't meet other standards then that's a bummer, but your best bet is probably just to stick out the rotation, do a good job, and do things like add extra research or rec letter that you can talk about at your other interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys,
I got rejected at a program that I am currently doing an away rotation on...I feel extraordinarily awkward. I just started a couple days ago...I am devastated. I was hoping to match here and took loans out to be able to afford the rotation. Any advice on how to handle it would really be helpful. Should I just...carry on in the rotation or should I try to speak to the program director?
Rotating at a program is no guarantee of a match or even an interview. It's actually a fairly big risk if your app is competitive, since rubbing one person the wrong way can bury you.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Rotating at a program is no guarantee of a match or even an interview. It's actually a fairly big risk if your app is competitive, since rubbing one person the wrong way can bury you.

Last edited:
Just set up a time to speak with the PD.

Sounds like you got filtered out for your step score, that can happen way before a PD sees your application. All you can do is rock the rotation at this point, especially if you are still interested in the program.

Reactions: 3 users
Just set up a time to speak with the PD.

Sounds like you got filtered out for your step score, that can happen way before a PD sees your application. All you can do is rock the rotation at this point, especially if you are still interested in the program.

Will do! Thank you so much for the advice. :)