getting anesthesiology insight during residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

needadvice

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
thank you to everyone who has been providing any sort of insight regarding my possible switch into anesthesiology.

i had previously done a two and half week rotation in anesthesiology during my fourth year of medical school at an outside institution. i was bored at that time, not sure how much of that was being part of disorganized rotation.

does anyone have any suggestions on how i can sort of gain more insight into this field, ie. have a second look at anesthesiology during my residency (i am a categorial medicine) resident. my next rotation is a consult month, so i wont have call or work weekends. thanks again for your help and feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

why dont you see if you can take an elective month in anesthesia...you want practice intubating,managng airways,procedures...then you can see if it is what you want to do

in flux, i wish i could take an elective. our program director already has our schedule done for the year. i am leary about approaching him about anesthesiology unless i know for sure i want to switch. can't wait for intern year to be done...