Getting an earlier interview at TUCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elysium

Not Really An Old Beaver
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I am scheduled to interview at TUCOM 4/9. Do you think it's acceptable to call them and ask if there has been any cancellations so that I can interview earlier? I was invited for an interview 1/19! I know that other folks that are getting invited for interviews now are scheduled ealier than I am! What should I do?

Brian? You gotta know something!

:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I dunno. When I talked to them earlier today she said she had nothing earlier than the 1st of April.

but its worth asking anyways.

btw : she mentioned things are filling up quickly. I guess that coincides with the increase in interviews being given and shown on here.

Elysium,

I feel that it is perfecty appropriate to call the admissions office to see if anyone has cancelled their interview, and thus hopefully opening up an earlier interview day for you... Unless I am mistaken, you want to speak at Lynn Huckle, and the phone number to call is (888) 880-7336 if you are in California or (888) 887-7336 if you are outside of California.

I recommend that you call once a week, probably thursday or friday, around 1100am. I recommend thursday or friday becasue I think these would be the days an applicant would most likely call to cancell the following week's interview, I recommend 11AM because hopefully the admissions staff will have finished their morning activities, but havent yet began the projects that my continue through the afternoon, and I recommend only calling once a week because I got burned for doing otherwise. (I had been calling every thursday, but a person that I interviewed with at Western ended up cancelling his interview at touro on a friday... I called the admissions office hoping to be offered his spot, but when I called I was told that the earliest open interview spot was not until the day that I was already scheduled for. I don't think the fact that I made calls to the admissions office on consecutive days helped my cause at all... ugh... I was told that should an earlier date become available that I would be notified, an invitation that i whole heartedly welcomed with "I will drop whatever I am doing to interview at your school as soon as possible.. I live only an hour away and please do not hesitate to call or page me at your convienence." I have not initiated coorespondence to/gotten any correspondence from them since. I too have also noticed that people that were offered interviews after me scored interviews earlier than mine. I was selected into the interview pool on Dec 19 (and I should have called the office of admissions that day and scheduled my interview then and there), recieved my official interview invitation on January 7, and on that day was given my March 4th interview slot. I know that there have been applicants that were invited for interviews after January 7th, but scored interviews before March 4th... Although this disparity exists, I can't help but feel lucky and thankful that I scored an interview to my top choice school in the first place.... remember, 4000 people apply to Touro and only about 400 people get to interview... even if I got the last interview spot, at least 1600 other people would thumb wrestle me to death for it, right?...)

If you end up flying into Sacramento International airport, I would be more than happy to act as your shuttle to and from Touro...Also if you would like an evening before the interview stress relieving dinner, please just ask...

Please email me or hit me on AIM if you want to chit chat about TUCOM. Let me apologize ahead of time if I do not promptly respond to my emails, as my daughter, my bunny, Darwin passed away this evening, and my heart aches very much right now...

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]
AIM : ez073323

Attachments

• 102-0233_img.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 118
Members don't see this ad :)
Brian,

You seem like an incredibly nice guy. I really hope that you get into TUCOM. I think they would be very lucky to have you as a student there. I also think you will make a wonderful physician. Thank you for all your advice and knowledge. I will actually be interviewing at Western on 3/4, so I hope the CA med school interview Gods are with us on that day.

Good Luck and thanks,

Tiffany

Originally posted by Elysium
Brian,

You seem like an incredibly nice guy. I really hope that you get into TUCOM. I think they would be very lucky to have you as a student there. I also think you will make a wonderful physician. Thank you for all your advice and knowledge. I will actually be interviewing at Western on 3/4, so I hope the CA med school interview Gods are with us on that day.

Good Luck and thanks,

Tiffany

I got that impression as well. Maybe all of us will be there in Aug 2003 :)

Elysium and dpw68,

Thank you so much for the kind words, it means a lot coming from fellow applicants/SDNers.

dpw68,
I am sure you have heard it a million times by now, but... Congratulations!! I really hope I will be joining you and the rest of the awesome class of 2007 in august.. Any last minute tips on how to win over the admissions committee like you did???

Elysium,
Good luck at western... I will be praying for both of us.... Am I correct in saying that you are interviewing in the afternoon?? Isn't funny how Forensic Chick assumed you are a guy from Washington? Forensic Chick is really nice and from my area...can you please say hi to her when you meet up on March 4th? Can you also please ask Susan Hanson what in the world I did wrong to get waitlisted...she and the rest of the Western admissions committee hurt my feelings... I hope you score an ealier interview date at TUCOM... please keep us all up to speed with your progress, and when you do end up coming out to NorCal, please feel free to email me if you like a ride to and from Touro, etc.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

Originally posted by ez073323
Elysium and dpw68,

Thank you so much for the kind words, it means a lot coming from fellow applicants/SDNers.

dpw68,
I am sure you have heard it a million times by now, but... Congratulations!! I really hope I will be joining you and the rest of the awesome class of 2007 in august.. Any last minute tips on how to win over the admissions committee like you did???

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

Actually, I'm sending my secondary this Monday via Express mail--fastest! My previous post was wishful thinking. Sorry if I was ambiguous Brian. ;)

Good luck with your interview and maybe I'll get one. At least I'll be living there next month!

dpw68,
my bad... you weren't ambiguous so much as I was jumping to conclusions... I searched your previous posts looking to see if you had posted your current status (accepted, interviewing, etc) but only foulnd several threads with regards to you moving to out this way next month, so I assumed you were already a member of TUCOM 2007...

you aren't wishfully thinking... you're forward thinking!

I hope you score and interview, and if there is anything I can do, please just ask....

The weekend is already almost half way done! Nuts!

Brian

Elysium,

Would you like me to coordinate a dinner for the night before your interview with a bunch of different perspectives of/from Touro?

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

All-
Brian IS the nicest guy you'll meet! I hope on the 6th to get to take him for a congratulatory beer (and pray he lets me be a part of his study group!!)

Knock 'em dead at your interviews!!

Nikki

Well, I'm not going to TUCOM, but I was accepted and am a local (sort of). If you guys are planning a pre interview dinner, I might just drive down to give my perspective/insight/advice. Lemme know what your plans are.

Russell

Thank you everyone for the compliments... I am just doing the things i would want for someone to do for me...

Russell,

If you are free this evening... the will be night-before-the-interview-stress-relieving tonight, March 24th, at 730pm at the Applebee's in Vallejo. With any luck, dinner will be attended by a first year Touro student, a member of Touro 2007, a person that has interviewed at Touro, a person that will be intervieiwng at Touro (me! I wil be wearing a khaki baseball cap with a helicopter on it) and a person that will be applying next year. Please join us if you are interested/available...
I would like to schedule a similar dinner for the night before my interview on March 4th, but only if I am able to locate my fellow interviewees who will benefit from such a dinner, and also for Elysium on April 8th, unless she scores an earlier interview...

I am currently fasting so that i will be able to eat at lot and talk even more about med school!

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

So I just got back from another wonderful dinner with two members of TUCOM '07, a person that is interviewing in the morning, a person that has interviewed, and a close friend from undergrad that will be applying this year, and the fact that the people that I had dinner with were so great reaffirmed my desire to be a student at TUCOM (or at any school for that matter, for I am sure that the caliber of student at any medical school is about the same) In fact, now I really want to be an admissions director or at least involved in the admissions process, because of the likelihood of meeting so many great people.

Zepure,
It was great meeting you tonight and I wish only the best for you! Knock em dead tomorrow!

Paul,
Thanks for bringing Inderpal (sp?) and i've said it before and I will say it again. you're the best... Drew/UCLA and Touro are missing out on something special if they don't pick you up.

Nikki,
Thanks for driving... I would still be in Vallejo if it wasn't for you and the amazing fuel economy of one Honda Del Sol. you too are the best, and if there is anything I can do for you during this hellish week that you have ahead of you, just ask...

This whole "meeting your competitors" thing has been sooooo awesome and I have enjoyed it so much that i think i will turn down any acceptances offered to me this year, just so i can do it all again next year (NOT!)...

Have a great week everyone,

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

Hey everyone!
I just wanted to say what a great time I had last night. It was really fun meeting you all...

Brian: Let me know about the 3rd... and I might take you up on that offer!!! I should hear something today by 10, so hopefully it is good news!

The "other" Zippy: You're going to do great today! And don't forget to pull out your secret weapon : The snake charmer... :D
It'll just be a tough decision later when you get in, because you KNOW you wanna go to school with us!

Enjoy your week!
Zippy

It sounds like you all had a great time last night, wish I could have been there but one word: PCHEM

Anyway, I think we should all be taking Brian out for a beer on the 3rd. He will need it to calm his nerves and get a good night sleep! What do you all say, shouldn't we get together to take Brian out to dinner this time??

Brenda
TUCOM
Class of 2007

I am all for taking Brian out for a beer/dinner.

Would anyone be interested in having dinner in Sac for him on the 3rd at 6:30? Time/Location TBA?

Brian: Does that work for you??!!

Originally posted by DrZippy2b
I am all for taking Brian out for a beer/dinner.

Would anyone be interested in having dinner in Sac for him on the 3rd at 6:30? Time/Location TBA?

Brian: Does that work for you??!!

Of course that works!! (Like I would say no..) Osteopathic medical school applicants are the best...

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

What about the Tower Restaurant, Ernesto's or Hamburger Mary's? Other ideas?

By the way, check out anayjose.com . I'm trying to go there during my vacation in July (after the NDP trip).

--Nikki

Could we meet somewhere in between? Sac is like 2+ hours for me to drive and it would be in commute traffic. Brian, are you staying at the hotel before the interview or are you driving in that morning?

maysqrd, DrZippy2b, and anyone else who wants to have dinner on march 3rd

I think it would be nice to have dinner in the Vacaville/Fairfiel area on March 3rd... Any suggestions???

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]