Reapplicant - App Improvement vs Applying Earlier?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WoundupKnight

Reaction score
So, it looks like I might need to reapply next year for DO schools owing in part to applying late. However, my application hasn't really had any significant improvement. Is this an issue?

I applied to 20 schools late October/Mid November with a 3.2cGPA/3.3sGPA, 507 MCAT and a 40 unit post bacc that I earned a 3.8 in while working full time. I've got ~300 hours clinical experience, DO letter/shadowing and ~150-200 hours of community service to the under-served.

I do have one II so far but want to prepare to reapply if I don't get in this year. However, since I applied in Oct/Nov and its only been a few months my app doesn't really have any significant improvement. I've added ~40 hours of clinical volunteering, 400 of employment and another A in a 3 unit class.

Can I just reapply with this application? Or should I start enrolling in more classes? I've already finished a 43 unit post bacc and am hesitant to spend my rather meager savings on classes.

Members don't see this ad.

So, it looks like I might need to reapply next year for DO schools owing in part to applying late. However, my application hasn't really had any significant improvement. Is this an issue?

I applied to 20 schools late October/Mid November with a 3.2cGPA/3.3sGPA, 507 MCAT and a 40 unit post bacc that I earned a 3.8 in while working full time. I've got ~300 hours clinical experience, DO letter/shadowing and ~150-200 hours of community service to the under-served.

I do have one II so far but want to prepare to reapply if I don't get in this year. However, since I applied in Oct/Nov and its only been a few months my app doesn't really have any significant improvement. I've added ~40 hours of clinical volunteering, 400 of employment and another A in a 3 unit class.

Can I just reapply with this application? Or should I start enrolling in more classes? I've already finished a 43 unit post bacc and am hesitant to spend my rather meager savings on classes.
Do you send your primary in Nov or you were complete then?

have you gotten actual pre-II rejections yet?

Members don't see this ad :)

Make sure to have multiple eyeballs vet your essays, and get in interview practice. Your app looks good so you should this better luck next time around, if this cycle doesn't work out.

Do you send your primary in Nov or you were complete then?
Primary late Oct, complete Nov-Mid Dec.

have you gotten actual pre-II rejections yet?
Just one from PNWU, although I guess they have a pretty strong regional bias.

Which schools did you apply to ? When did you submit your secondaries ?
Secondaries I sent in between November and mid December.
This was my school list:
ACOM
LECOM (all campuses)
PNWU-COM
RVUCOM
TUCOM-(Nevada and New York)
WCUCOM
KCUCOM
WVSOM
LMU
VCOM (all campuses)
WesternU (Lebanon)
KYCOM
ATSU-SOMA
AZCOM
BCOM
ICOM

Primary late Oct, complete Nov-Mid Dec.

Just one from PNWU, although I guess they have a pretty strong regional bias.

Secondaries I sent in between November and mid December.
This was my school list:
ACOM
LECOM (all campuses)
PNWU-COM
RVUCOM
TUCOM-(Nevada and New York)
WCUCOM
KCUCOM
WVSOM
LMU
VCOM (all campuses)
WesternU (Lebanon)
KYCOM
ATSU-SOMA
AZCOM
BCOM
ICOM

I personally know someone who submitted secondaries to a few of these schools 2 weeks ago and already received II, so they might be holding out for more qualified applicants, before making a decision on your application! best of luck!

With your stats you could still receive II in the next 2 months from the schools you applied to. Your MCAT of 507 should attract attention at some schools.

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but I would've expected you to have acceptances/interest from schools. My app is similar to yours and I am applying next cycle so I am wondering what do you think were your shortcomings (apart from applying late)? Have you gotten feedback on where you could've improved?

Update: Well that went a bit better than expected.
Went to my II and was accepted. 4 more II's pending. I guess the holidays just delayed everything a bit.

Reactions: 1 user