Georgetown Gems 2012-2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you guys!!! Hope to meet some of you there.

Congrats! Are you interviewing in 2 weeks?

Yeah, I'll be there on the 23rd because I have my last two finals on May 8th and 9th.

Members don't see this ad.

No, nothing from me yet. I live in NYC btw so I am not sure if they call us last. Btw, they usually call all week according to previous forums. Anybody else?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, nothing from me yet. I live in NYC btw so I am not sure if they call us last. Btw, they usually call all week according to previous forums. Anybody else?
Yea i just saw that too. And also, it seems its really frowned upon to call them or email them about your interview status according to other posters. Well I feel relieved. I thought all the interview invites came out in two waves which were done all in one day per wave so I've been walking around with my stomach in a knot for the past few hours haha.

DJDT I'm pumped for you buddy. Knock 'em dead in the interview.

Yea i just saw that too. And also, it seems its really frowned upon to call them or email them about your interview status according to other posters. Well I feel relieved. I thought all the interview invites came out in two waves which were done all in one day per wave so I've been walking around with my stomach in a knot for the past few hours haha.

DJDT I'm pumped for you buddy. Knock 'em dead in the interview.

Thanks man! Will do. Hopefully you'll hear back soon. My reasoning is that they try to contact those of us who are furthest away, so we can make travel arrangements with ample time (not that it's that much cheaper). In any case, the person who called me was Dean Williams, whom is pleasant to talk to. The conversation doesn't last long, and it's very laid back.

Thanks man! Will do. Hopefully you'll hear back soon. My reasoning is that they try to contact those of us who are furthest away, so we can make travel arrangements with ample time (not that it's that much cheaper). In any case, the person who called me was Dean Williams, whom is pleasant to talk to. The conversation doesn't last long, and it's very laid back.

Hello everyone, I have no relation with the GEMS admissions committee but comparing with previous years, calls will be made over the next few weeks. Dont freak out if you haven't heard anything. There is plenty of time and its only day 1 of calls:rolleyes::)

Last edited:

DJDT if you don't mind would you share your stats and ECs..or just PM me...Just curious :)

I applied. Definitely add me to the list. Thanks! I am crossing my fingers!!

Congrats!! That's exciting news! Positive thoughts for everyone on the forum.

Hello SDN family!

I'm approaching my (official) senior year of undergrad and will be applying to the GEMS program (EY 2013-2014), per God's direction for my life. :) Is there a current GEMS student or GEMS graduate willing to mentor me through the process of applying? I would like to begin my application "process" at the end of the Spring semester (May 16th), or soon thereafter.

The opportunity to receive mentorship would be nothing shy of a blessing.

Thank you for considering.

Hope to connect with someone soon!

So I had all sorts of entertaining parasomnia last night, and I have decided to blame the stress of waiting for the call :laugh:

Please, Georgetown, save my boyfriend from more nights of me doing and saying things in my sleep that make no sense, and give me a call soon :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from New Jersey. I'll be updating the list of who is applying when I get home from work today btw.

I'm from New Jersey. I'll be updating the list of who is applying when I get home from work today btw.

This is actually my first post on SDN... I've been creeping on this thread silently lol. I am applying as well and I live in Hampton, VA but I'm from Tulsa, Oklahoma originally. I hope we all hear something soon!! :D

2012-2013 GEMS Applicants confirmed so far…

Courtjester8- NJ
DJDT- (II 1:30 EST 4/9) FL
HopeandBelieve- NY
RocknRho
Pamarty
Sman211
elusiveCHILD
GodismyPCP
Mdiaz021
FightinUruKai
Hurdler13
Antaeus
Imagoober
Steward410
Shcarry- VA
Dannyboy7707

PS- I just want everyone to know I'm not keeping this list for us all to get stressed out over or for stat comparison. It's mainly so people can arrange to meet up or share rooms for interview invites. So if you're still "creeping on this thread" as Shcarry put it, there's nothing to worry about :) Come out of the woodwork. We're all friends here.

Put me on the applicant list. Just wondering, what is the background of some people that have applied?

They are awfully slow with the phone calls this year. DJDT - they must have liked you a lot :)

They are awfully slow with the phone calls this year. DJDT - they must have liked you a lot :)

+1

What other programs have you guys applied to if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
If I remembered correctly, DJDT submitted their application VERY early. So possibly they are calling people based on the order they received their application. I submitted mine the 29th and was completed by the 29th of March, so I have a ways to go. But at the end of the day, all we can do is remain optimistic! If GEMS is where you'll be, you WILL be there. Even if you receive a call at the end of April.

So don't get weary, just thank God in advance for that interview!!!

Positive vibes!

Not sure what it was, but I'm excited. I did make it a point to apply early though because I submitted my AMCAS in late July, and it took way too long to be verified. Hope good news comes your way soon!

Now, for those of you looking for similar programs like this, Drexel university college of medicine has a one called the DPMS (dredel pathway to medical school) program. Deadline is April 27th. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Sooo, true, dude, I submitted the same day as you.

It is all in God's hands now, if it's in His plans GEMS is where we'll all be, if not then He'll place us where He needs us to be. Sometimes when you want something so bad you forget these simple things. Thanks for the reminder.

If I remembered correctly, DJDT submitted their application VERY early. So possibly they are calling people based on the order they received their application. I submitted mine the 29th and was completed by the 29th of March, so I have a ways to go. But at the end of the day, all we can do is remain optimistic! If GEMS is where you'll be, you WILL be there. Even if you receive a call at the end of April.

So don't get weary, just thank God in advance for that interview!!!

Positive vibes!

Hey guys! I also applied to the program and am anxiously (nervously) awaiting a response! I submitted the 22nd of March and my application was complete on the 26th of March. Hopefully we'll hear back soon.

Lol, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one hoping to see a 202 area code pop up on my phone. #Hopeful

wow seemingly a rough couple of days for us on here. maybe adcom figured out who we all are and is making us sweat it out. OR they think that DJDT is such a phenomenal applicant that they decided to stop with him and plan on retiring the program when he finishes in his honor. Damn you DJDT. Damn you.

I wonder how many people applied this year. I'm quite sure the application pool was slightly bigger due to the extended deadline this year. Just random thoughts to pass the time...

Wow if so many people applied, I guess they'll look more at statistics like GPA and MCAT. Im suprised they only called one person on this forum. But then again, where is everyone from because so far, a few are from NJ and NYC and they call us last.

Wow if so many people applied, I guess they'll look more at statistics like GPA and MCAT. Im suprised they only called one person on this forum. But then again, where is everyone from because so far, a few are from NJ and NYC and they call us last.

I'm from NY too. We just have to keep hope for now - they'll let us know one way or the other eventually. :luck::xf::luck:

2012-2013 GEMS Applicants confirmed so far…

Courtjester8
DJDT
HopeandBelieve
RocknRho
Pamarty
Sman211
elusiveCHILD
GodismyPCP

Suspected applicants given their posts…
Hurdler13
FightinUruKai
Antaeus
TwisterTwain
naijacardriodoc
I applied to GEMS this year; add me to the list. My application was submitted on 3/19 and process on 3/26. Also, some people in the Chicago-land area that applied to the program did not receive an invite as of yet.

Last edited:
It sucks feeling helpless while your application is being reviewed. All I'm thinking is what I could have done different or better. Ironically, we'll all look back at this situation and it will pale in comparison to med school.

Hey everyone! been on here for awhile now and haven't really posted but wanted to bring life to the thread and share that I got a call today!

Also wanted to share that it's pretty clear that its not encouraged to call in or inquire about your status. They will contact us when the time comes....so be patient everyone! you'll get a call soon and when you do lets all plan to meet each other or something!

I'll be going down May 7th. If anyone else is doing the same let me know!

Hey everyone! been on here for awhile now and haven't really posted but wanted to bring life to the thread and share that I got a call today!

Also wanted to share that it's pretty clear that its not encouraged to call in or inquire about your status. They will contact us when the time comes....so be patient everyone! you'll get a call soon and when you do lets all plan to meet each other or something!

Congrats nimdoc!! Good luck on the interview!

Btw, where are you from so we can update the list?

Congrats!!! When was your application complete?

Hey all,

I also applied and got an interview invite yesterday so they are definitely still sending out invitations. I interview on may 7th so nlmDOC and other may 7th interviewees, let me know if you are interested in meeting a day or so before the interview.

Don't give up hope guys, if it's meant to happen it will. I hope to see many of you there on the 7th or -fingers crossed - orientation. :)

Hey all,

I also applied and got an interview invite yesterday so they are definitely still sending out invitations. I interview on may 7th so nlmDOC and other may 7th interviewees, let me know if you are interested in meeting a day or so before the interview.

Don't give up hope guys, if it's meant to happen it will. I hope to see many of you there on the 7th or -fingers crossed - orientation. :)

Do you mind sharing where you're from? Thanks!

I applied too guys. Pretty early as well, a week withun the app opening. I havent heard yet, but will be waiting for the call. Those of you who have heard did they have set days or do they accomodate your schedule?

They give you a choice between two set dates April 23rd or May 7th. GL!

^^ I'm from UT and I received the phone call at around 3 pm. Good luck again to those still waiting.

Hey all,

Congrats on the good news! I'm excited about the 7th! I'll probably be driving in the weekend before and staying with a friend. So anyone interested in meeting up on Saturday night or even Sunday for brunch/lunch or something pm me and let me know!

Good Luck to everyone waiting to hear back!