Georgetown Gems 2012-2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol I guess we all came out of hiding. I've been looking for apartments as well. Are you guys looking for a 1 bedroom or is everyone looking at having roommates?

DrScience whats the other program you're contemplating?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking into both. but focusing on studios/one bedrooms. i don't know anyone else in the program yet

I was accepted into a program in Ohio but decided GEMS was better for me personally. I just mailed my letter on Tuesday so waiting to get confirmation from GEMS before I tell the other program. As far as housing I am looking into both options as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am looking for housing as well but I am getting nowhere :(

Anyone interested in being roommates? I prefer female roommate ( I am also a female) and a non-smoker. Please PM me if you are interested.

congratulations everybody!!! :D

Wednesday was the last day for current GEMS class of 2012. Sorry I haven't checked SDN all year because of the GEMS schedule and exams.

I'm actually subletting for the month of July ($745 w/o utilities), and I wanted to throw out that option for those of you who live across country and cannot necessarily come to DC to apartment hunt. This would give you an extra month to find a permanent living situation instead of trying to scramble for something now. ANNDD this is a 5 minute walk away from campus! You won't have to worry about getting to class late while on top of trying to apartment hunt. I had some classmates this year whose pre-arranged living arrange failed through and they ended up crashing at people's couches for a while until they found a place.

Feel free to contact me! I'll be happy to provide more details. Plus, for those of you visiting DC this weekend and would like to meet up, I'd be more than happy to help and answer any questions.

Last edited:
Also, my roommate moved out of the basement apartment in the house I'm living in and is available to lease for $1150/month. You have your own separate entrance, bathroom and kitchen, but you also have access to the rest of the house. There's a washer and dryer. PM me for more info and pictures.

***UPDATE: apartment was leased to a new GEMS***

Last edited:
New GEMS!

Congrats on admissions. I have a place I am subleasing and wanted to throw it out there in case anyones interested.

Here's the info below:

$1700 2BR. Great apartment in an amazing community, Penthouse floor with amazing views and plenty of sunlight. Available immediately for months of June or July only! Decked out! Fully furnished, all utilities included, Internet, Cable and much more.

I am currently a GU medical student going home for the summer. This place is ideal for a two students or a single student. I prefer to sublease to GU students but will make exceptions. Very flexible. Leaving town tomorrow.

Email me asap [email protected] or call my cell 949 643 9398. (preferred)

Anyone matriculating GEMS thinking about having a roommate to split the rent? PM me

Hi everyone! I am considering applying to this program next year. I was wondering if anyone who was accepted is from a rural or medically undeserved area or is this program mostly for underrepresented minorities?