General Aussie School Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobby_chamo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lately, I've been reading in here a bit about about the Australian schools. May I find anywhere a summary of the med-schools they have in Australia, and what you like about them and dislike?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by bobby_chamo
Lately, I've been reading in here a bit about about the Australian schools. May I find anywhere a summary of the med-schools they have in Australia, and what you like about them and dislike?

I'll give you a list of what I can remember...but just type in Australian med schools in google and i'm sure you'll find them.

Post grad

Sydney
Flinders
Queensland
Melbourne
ANU

Undergrad

Bond - (soon ?)
Western Australia
Tasmania
Adelaide
Melbourne
Monash
James Cook
University of New South Wales

Originally posted by redshifteffect
I'll give you a list of what I can remember...but just type in Australian med schools in google and i'm sure you'll find them.

Post grad

Sydney
Flinders
Queensland
Melbourne
ANU

Undergrad

Bond - (soon ?)
Western Australia
Tasmania
Adelaide
Melbourne
Monash
James Cook
University of New South Wales
EDIT: Newcastle (Johnny)

Members don't see this ad :)
Whats the difference between Postgrad / grad in relation to medical schools (excuse my ignorance)

Originally posted by bobby_chamo
Whats the difference between Postgrad / grad in relation to medical schools (excuse my ignorance)

You enter undergrad med schools straight out of school. You enter post grad med schools after you have finished a bachelor degree.

Most graduate entry degrees are 4yrs in length and the undergrad ones are 6yrs. Generally speaking for the graduate entry degrees, your undergrade can be in any discipline.

I believe Bond is planning on having a 5yr undergrad degree and Griffith will have a 4yr grad entry. Thr courses are slated to start 2006 and 2005 respectively if they get approval from the AMC.

David

Hey David (Dr.Blaze), sorry if I'm being too nosey but I notice in your signature (and profile) that you're an army reserve medic and a student nurse.

Do you mind if I ask you questions about the Australian Reserves?

Should I PM you or start another thread?

Another thread I guess? Just let me know where it is :)

David